Coaching Rumors 2020

Unknøwn

1 hour ago, tl;dr said:

Sark interviewing for the Auburn job. Rumors flying around that Kiffin wants the job too.

Dont buy the Kiffin rumors. After he left Tennessee after a year, that wouldn’t be a good idea to do that again. Think he’s wise to wait a bit. Auburn isn’t going to be anywhere near as patient as Ole Miss will be. 

And Sark? I think he would be making a mistake as well. Think he’s got a real chance to be Saban’s replacement one day. Going to Auburn right now just doesn’t feel right.

Wonder if Auburn has given Chris Petersen a ring yet. Feel like he could bring some respectability to the program (they have it already, but it would add more). Would leave the program in better hands than when he found it. Not a long term solution, but a good bridge to another guy in a few years

I doubt Peterson is ready. He didn't rule out returning but he was pretty burnt out. Hes actually still working for Washington as a mentor for students and faculty in the business school. He actually did an interview a few months ago where he talked about how much he loved being out of the coaching grind.  I dont know if he'd be willing to coach on the east coast either. 

1 hour ago, tl;dr said:

Sark interviewing for the Auburn job. Rumors flying around that Kiffin wants the job too.

Dont buy the Kiffin rumors. After he left Tennessee after a year, that wouldn’t be a good idea to do that again. Think he’s wise to wait a bit. Auburn isn’t going to be anywhere near as patient as Ole Miss will be. 

And Sark? I think he would be making a mistake as well. Think he’s got a real chance to be Saban’s replacement one day. Going to Auburn right now just doesn’t feel right.

Wonder if Auburn has given Chris Petersen a ring yet. Feel like he could bring some respectability to the program (they have it already, but it would add more). Would leave the program in better hands than when he found it. Not a long term solution, but a good bridge to another guy in a few years

Kiffin is interested, but Auburn isn't interested in him.  I disagree on Sark.. I don't think it would be a mistake.  I think if he ends up at auburn with their full $upport he could recruit at a high level and compete with Bama.  i mean if Gus can beat saban 3 times I am sure Sark could compete and it would make it so much better for bama boosters to take sark back from auburn.. lol  

8 hours ago, Screaming Brave said:

I’m sure it’s a big source of drawing power for a prospective Auburn coaching candidate to know that at some future time in his tenure he will be undermined and his replacement search will begin while he’s still coaching, if not a total hostile takeover. 

that seems to be the SOP for Auburn.. boosters get involved and do stuff behind the current coaches back or have agendas to get their guy in.. I know all programs have some rogue boosters who like to get involved, but auburn seems to have 3 to 4 guys who truly take the cake for meddling into the athletic department.  

2 hours ago, SacFalcFan said:

Kiffin is interested, but Auburn isn't interested in him.  I disagree on Sark.. I don't think it would be a mistake.  I think if he ends up at auburn with their full $upport he could recruit at a high level and compete with Bama.  i mean if Gus can beat saban 3 times I am sure Sark could compete and it would make it so much better for bama boosters to take sark back from auburn.. lol  

I would be happy with Sark being the guy.

12 minutes ago, AUTiger7222 said:

I would be happy with Sark being the guy.

I think Napier is the best hire imo.  Great coach and has been to so many great programs he has contacts everywhere and can easily build a terrific staff since we know auburn will give him the money to hire who he wants as long as he gets the right boosters supporting him.

4 hours ago, tl;dr said:

Chris Peterson isn’t leaving the PNW.  His son has documented medical issues and his doctors are there.

2 hours ago, Porter Osborne Jr said:

Chris Peterson isn’t leaving the PNW.  His son has documented medical issues and his doctors are there.

He and Mark Few of Gonzaga are PNW lifers. Both of them have turned down major offers to stay where they are. It took a long time for Petersen to leave Boise. And he resigned due to stress and other related reasons so he may not coach again

16 hours ago, Unknøwn said:

I doubt Peterson is ready. He didn't rule out returning but he was pretty burnt out. Hes actually still working for Washington as a mentor for students and faculty in the business school. He actually did an interview a few months ago where he talked about how much he loved being out of the coaching grind.  I dont know if he'd be willing to coach on the east coast either. 

I read that somewhere too after posting it. So it’s sounds very unlikely lol

1 minute ago, Screaming Brave said:

Can’t be. Pruitt is still there. Tennessee is a lot of things but they aren’t Auburn

And freeze said he sees himself at Liberty next year. Liberty wants to get into the ACC or some other P5 conference and Freeze and his ego may be the one to get them there. Plus if they bump up his money.... 

16 hours ago, Unknøwn said:

Same thing happened to Mark Richt. I have sources close to him that said after the loss to Alabama in the 2012 SECCG, he began to reconsider whether continuing in coaching was his true end game. He eventually concluded that the ultimate prize of a national championship was deep down less important than building relationships with and molding the lives of players. And at a place like Georgia that is deemed unacceptable. I’m sure he took the Miami job feeling a change and a return to his Alma Mater would recharge him. It did for a while until Hurricane Nation because frustrated with stagnant progress then he knew it was time to go. Plus, he has other irons in the fire with his philanthropic interests. 

3 hours ago, Screaming Brave said:

Can’t be. Pruitt is still there. Tennessee is a lot of things but they aren’t Auburn

as i posted a few times in this thread the rumor from the vol side is pruitt is fired tomorrow and fulmer could be as well.  some boosters have already through back channels agreed to a deal with freeze.. not sure if true since it could be great story making, but wouldn't surprise me.. the vols are a dumpster fire right now. 

1 minute ago, SacFalcFan said:

the guy is a scumbag who backstabs anyone and everyone he can.. he did to the Johnny Majors, the previous AD, and now Pruitt.  Fulmer has no business being AD and he knows it.  

Whenever I start to feel bad for Tennessee, I remember he is their AD and I suddenly don’t feel bad anymore. Cant stand him.