Coaching Rumors 2020

Unknøwn

2 minutes ago, AUTiger7222 said:

Oh God, that would be awful.

Well, I imagine they could get him cheap, relatively speaking, and he is a great recruiter who has recruited the south extremely well.  With what they owe Gus, it wouldn’t be a bad choice.  With that said, he may be a guy that’s just better off being an OC.

Edited by Turkeydawg

3 minutes ago, Turkeydawg said:

Well, I imagine they could get him cheap, relatively speaking, and he is a great recruiter who has recruited the south extremely well.  With what they owe Gus, it wouldn’t be a bad choice.  With that said, he may be a guy that’s just better off being an OC.

I want Luke Fickell from Cincinnati. He's #1 on my wish list.

Hugh Freeze is going to be call #1 i fully believe for Auburn. Also wouldn't be shocked if they called Sarkisian. Seems schools are confident Sarks is ready for a return and hes an experienced HC at a high profile job and a highly regarded offensive mind. Texas also did their homework on Sark within the last few days

Pete Thamel of Yahoo thinks Auburn will call Bill O'Brien and Dan Quinn as part of their search. 

Just now, SacFalcFan said:

Hey.. so how would you feel about steele as head coach?

I get the reasoning behind it. His defenses have been great since he's been there and they want to keep that unit intact and try to salvage something in an otherwise terrible recruiting class. But it doesn't excite me. Not by a long shot. The majority of the names I've seen thrown out there just make me cringe. Looks like Auburn will once again totally botch this and continue to be a second fiddle football program.

46 minutes ago, AUTiger7222 said:

I get the reasoning behind it. His defenses have been great since he's been there and they want to keep that unit intact and try to salvage something in an otherwise terrible recruiting class. But it doesn't excite me. Not by a long shot. The majority of the names I've seen thrown out there just make me cringe. Looks like Auburn will once again totally botch this and continue to be a second fiddle football program.

It’s always the case with Auburn. They want to keep certain pieces in place and the head coach just has to accept it. They don’t want anyone to change the culture or rock the boat. At any rate, sooner or later Saban will retire and Bama won’t be the same after that.

I’m just surprised they actually ate that huge contract extension. 

12 minutes ago, Carter said:

It’s always the case with Auburn. They want to keep certain pieces in place and the head coach just has to accept it. They don’t want anyone to change the culture or rock the boat. At any rate, sooner or later Saban will retire and Bama won’t be the same after that.

I’m just surprised they actually ate that huge contract extension. 

Yea I don’t get why you swallow that buyout just so you can promote your DC. 

I wonder if Steele’s contract would even match Gus’s buyout.