Jump to content

Coaching Rumors 2020


Unknøwn
 Share

Recommended Posts

2 minutes ago, AUTiger7222 said:

Oh God, that would be awful.

Well, I imagine they could get him cheap, relatively speaking, and he is a great recruiter who has recruited the south extremely well.  With what they owe Gus, it wouldn’t be a bad choice.  With that said, he may be a guy that’s just better off being an OC.

Edited by Turkeydawg
Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, Turkeydawg said:

Well, I imagine they could get him cheap, relatively speaking, and he is a great recruiter who has recruited the south extremely well.  With what they owe Gus, it wouldn’t be a bad choice.  With that said, he may be a guy that’s just better off being an OC.

I want Luke Fickell from Cincinnati. He's #1 on my wish list.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Hugh Freeze is going to be call #1 i fully believe for Auburn. Also wouldn't be shocked if they called Sarkisian. Seems schools are confident Sarks is ready for a return and hes an experienced HC at a high profile job and a highly regarded offensive mind. Texas also did their homework on Sark within the last few days

Pete Thamel of Yahoo thinks Auburn will call Bill O'Brien and Dan Quinn as part of their search. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, SacFalcFan said:

Hey.. so how would you feel about steele as head coach?

I get the reasoning behind it. His defenses have been great since he's been there and they want to keep that unit intact and try to salvage something in an otherwise terrible recruiting class. But it doesn't excite me. Not by a long shot. The majority of the names I've seen thrown out there just make me cringe. Looks like Auburn will once again totally botch this and continue to be a second fiddle football program.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

46 minutes ago, AUTiger7222 said:

I get the reasoning behind it. His defenses have been great since he's been there and they want to keep that unit intact and try to salvage something in an otherwise terrible recruiting class. But it doesn't excite me. Not by a long shot. The majority of the names I've seen thrown out there just make me cringe. Looks like Auburn will once again totally botch this and continue to be a second fiddle football program.

It’s always the case with Auburn. They want to keep certain pieces in place and the head coach just has to accept it. They don’t want anyone to change the culture or rock the boat. At any rate, sooner or later Saban will retire and Bama won’t be the same after that.

I’m just surprised they actually ate that huge contract extension. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

12 minutes ago, Carter said:

It’s always the case with Auburn. They want to keep certain pieces in place and the head coach just has to accept it. They don’t want anyone to change the culture or rock the boat. At any rate, sooner or later Saban will retire and Bama won’t be the same after that.

I’m just surprised they actually ate that huge contract extension. 

Yea I don’t get why you swallow that buyout just so you can promote your DC. 
 

I wonder if Steele’s contract would even match Gus’s buyout. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share

×
×
  • Create New...