Coaching Rumors 2020

• Replies 569
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Didn't want to start a whole thread  

Matt Campbell signed a new 8 year deal with Iowa State. The big takeaway so far is Iowa State agreed to a $3M boost to his pool for a coaching staff.

Whenever I start to feel bad for Tennessee, I remember he is their AD and I suddenly don’t feel bad anymore. Cant stand him. 

Posted Images

UPDATE: The latest I've heard, as of late Tuesday night, suggests Ohio State linebackers coach Al Washington indeed might have turned down the job and Tennessee is exploring other options in its search for a new defensive coordinator. (per vol's 247 site reporter)..  wow no one wants that job.. 

1 hour ago, SacFalcFan said:

UPDATE: The latest I've heard, as of late Tuesday night, suggests Ohio State linebackers coach Al Washington indeed might have turned down the job and Tennessee is exploring other options in its search for a new defensive coordinator. (per vol's 247 site reporter)..  wow no one wants that job.. 

yup.  Ole' Rocky Top appears headed for Ole' Rocky Bottom.

50 minutes ago, Unknøwn said:

They should just keep Steele if he'll stay. Otherwise its going to be some random G5 DC. We heard earlier this week that Steele is still recruiting for Tennessee. Hes obviously still there and working, just make him DC.

Well the problem with this is simple. 
It makes logical sense and when was the last time the Vols leadership ever showed that. 

2 hours ago, Unknøwn said:

Bucs DL coach Kacy Rodgers is emerging as a DC candidate at Tennessee. Rodgers is a Tennessee alum and spent 3 years as Todd Bowles DC with the Jets. However he hasn't coached college in 19 years. 

they are so desperate now..  it's amazing just how far they have to go for their dc.  being turned down by position coaches all over college football. 

40 minutes ago, RxDawg said:

What I don't understand is from what I've heard/read, Steele is still on the road recruiting/working. Why wouldn't they simply just name him DC and be done with it?

They are going to have to pay him regardless so would make sense to keep him at least for the next year.

5 minutes ago, Mr. Hoopah! said:

Agreed on both counts.  He'll probably do well enough to rehab his image and get another power 5 job in 2-3 years, which will likely go terribly again.

you are an AU guy.    Whatever happened to Auburn ace recruiter and Linebacker coach Travis Williams?  did Harsin retain him on his staff?    Wish UGA had a spot for him and he was available.

2 minutes ago, g-dawg said:

you are an AU guy.    Whatever happened to Auburn ace recruiter and Linebacker coach Travis Williams?  did Harsin retain him on his staff?    Wish UGA had a spot for him and he was available.

While Harsin did keep a couple of former player-coaches in Cadillac and Ethridge, T-Will was unfortunately not retained and he accepted a job as the ILB coach at Miami.  He's already rumored as a DC candidate at UCF as of this morning though.