Jump to content

Coaching Rumors 2020


Unknøwn
 Share

Recommended Posts

43 minutes ago, Unknøwn said:

PJ Fleck is telling people that he has no interest in speaking with Tennessee. 

who within the vols athletic department is continually releasing information to the public.. danny white had vetted 3 coaches and it got out within hours.  there is one thing when the AD released information, but I highly doubt DW would want that public.. it keeps making the vols look worst.. franklin turned down an 8 million dollar deal which is over 2 million more than he has at penn state.. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 hours ago, SacFalcFan said:

who within the vols athletic department is continually releasing information to the public.. danny white had vetted 3 coaches and it got out within hours.  there is one thing when the AD released information, but I highly doubt DW would want that public.. it keeps making the vols look worst.. franklin turned down an 8 million dollar deal which is over 2 million more than he has at penn state.. 

Yeah... kinda wild. Someone with access to info is being pretty irresponsible there. I understand why a school might elect to "leak" info sometimes, but for UT, it's *never* strategically positive for them it seems.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Lanning made the right decision for his career. Texas can throw money around at anyone but it is a miserable place to coach these days. Booster situation possibly worse than Auburn in terms of being overly involved and demanding. Sark is a top notch coach and should do well, but DC at UGA under Kirby is a better gig than DC at Texas under Sarkisian. Lanning is already a millionaire. Coaching one of the top units in the country with one of the best defensive staffs to boot is going to carry him to a head coaching job much faster than starting over in the Big 12.

I think Addai is the #1 on my list personally for DBs, but I sure wouldn’t scoff at Ansley or Raymond. Might be the one position I don’t worry about at all with Kirby hiring someone. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Carter said:

Lanning made the right decision for his career. Texas can throw money around at anyone but it is a miserable place to coach these days. Booster situation possibly worse than Auburn in terms of being overly involved and demanding. Sark is a top notch coach and should do well, but DC at UGA under Kirby is a better gig than DC at Texas under Sarkisian. Lanning is already a millionaire. Coaching one of the top units in the country with one of the best defensive staffs to boot is going to carry him to a head coaching job much faster than starting over in the Big 12.

I think Addai is the #1 on my list personally for DBs, but I sure wouldn’t scoff at Ansley or Raymond. Might be the one position I don’t worry about at all with Kirby hiring someone. 

A booster situation worse than Auburn?

i-dont-believe-you.jpg

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, Unknøwn said:

White went after Elliot, Dykes, Franklin and Luke Fickell but got nowhere. Elliot was the one who seriously considered the move but couldn't pull the trigger.

I had a feeling DW would have had to go back to Josh if it didn't work out and honestly coaches turned down big money to stay without big raises.  It's a hire that had to be made since no one who was legit wanted that job.  Josh though may have a short tenure.. He has a depleted roster and he took UCF in the wrong direction since he took over..  

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 minutes ago, SacFalcFan said:

I had a feeling DW would have had to go back to Josh if it didn't work out and honestly coaches turned down big money to stay without big raises.  It's a hire that had to be made since no one who was legit wanted that job.  Josh though may have a short tenure.. He has a depleted roster and he took UCF in the wrong direction since he took over..  

Yep, there were some UCF fans who were hoping the new AD would run him out. We'll see what he can do but he has a total rebuild on his hands. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, Unknøwn said:

Yep, there were some UCF fans who were hoping the new AD would run him out. We'l see what he can do but he has a total rebuild on his hands. 

The vol fans also have themselves to blame for at least one candidate backing out.. dykes backed out due to the backlash he got from vol fans.. a vol insider who covers the team said vol fans blew up his email telling him they hated him and didn't want him to be the next head coach..  it was pretty brutal and it was an overwhelming number of emails and dykes just saw toxicity and decided to back out.  When will fans stop this nonsense and stop trying to be part of the process.  I would have taken dykes over JH everyday of the week.. Josh just isn't a good hire and ucf fans as you said are very happy.. they wanted him gone. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

26 minutes ago, SacFalcFan said:

The vol fans also have themselves to blame for at least one candidate backing out.. dykes backed out due to the backlash he got from vol fans.. a vol insider who covers the team said vol fans blew up his email telling him they hated him and didn't want him to be the next head coach..  it was pretty brutal and it was an overwhelming number of emails and dykes just saw toxicity and decided to back out.  When will fans stop this nonsense and stop trying to be part of the process.  I would have taken dykes over JH everyday of the week.. Josh just isn't a good hire and ucf fans as you said are very happy.. they wanted him gone. 

Tennessee football fans are their own worst enemy. Heupel will get his 3-4 years and he will be gone. It's the hillbilly way.......wash, rinse, repeat.

 

26 minutes ago, SacFalcFan said:

 

 

Edited by ECDawg78
Link to comment
Share on other sites

bubbadawg

Member
Found this quote on the Football Scoop website:
"Two different college football coaches texted FootballScoop Wednesday morning to note that, “The UCF job will get a lot of good candidates. That’s a better job right now than Tennessee.”

Added another coach, “I know five or six guys who will go after that UCF job. It’s a good job; you can win there.”"

BRUTAL...
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, 95Dawg said:

bubbadawg

Member
Found this quote on the Football Scoop website:
"Two different college football coaches texted FootballScoop Wednesday morning to note that, “The UCF job will get a lot of good candidates. That’s a better job right now than Tennessee.”

Added another coach, “I know five or six guys who will go after that UCF job. It’s a good job; you can win there.”"

BRUTAL...

Any job is better than Tenn. right now.  They are in for a long haul on rebuilding that program.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 1/26/2021 at 9:14 AM, Unknøwn said:

Saban is trying to lure Jay Graham from Tennessee to Tuscaloosa. 

I hope that Heupel can keep him on staff. But if he chooses to leave, who could blame him? It's gonna be a dumpster fire here for at least several years probably.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

20 minutes ago, Unknøwn said:

South Carolina RB coach Des Kitchings is headed to the Falcons. Beamer loses another one.

that I can accept if I am a south carolina fan.. losing 3 straight coaches to auburn is a huge blow perception wise, but other than bobo not having rocker or friend is a win.. both guys blow imo. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share

×
×
  • Create New...