Coaching Rumors 2020

Unknøwn

4 hours ago, Unknøwn said:

Texas officials flew to Urban Meyer's home. They're reportedly willing to give him a blank check and anything he wants. Urban is making calls and seeing who he get build his staff with. A lot of his former staffers are still with Ryan Day and unwilling to leave OSU. This will be important for Urban, if he can't build a staff he likes enough he won't come back. Cristobal and James Franklin are the next names on the Texas list.

urban meyer at texas would be freaking something.. the guy knows how to develop national champions and he will get whoever he wants instate. 

3 hours ago, Unknøwn said:

Scott Cochran is reportedly lobbying for the Vandy job. He called one official involved in the search. Said to be highly unlikely. He did meet with Southern Miss before they hired Hall. Cochran making it no secret that he feels he's ready to run a program. 

Mentioned this elsewhere, but I could see him getting a shot at a head coaching job pretty soon. He's a leader of men and a lot of schools will probably like how close he and Saban were for so long. I think he probably needs some more on field experience, but he's not gonna have to climb the same ladder most do.

27 minutes ago, Carter said:

Mentioned this elsewhere, but I could see him getting a shot at a head coaching job pretty soon. He's a leader of men and a lot of schools will probably like how close he and Saban were for so long. I think he probably needs some more on field experience, but he's not gonna have to climb the same ladder most do.

Thats why he wanted to be on the field so bad. He knew he needed that on his resume. 

Lincoln Riley's brother Garrett is expected to follow Beamer to SC as OC. Bud Foster is also expected to join the program but not as DC, at least not as of this moment. Bud wants to help the younger Beamer get off the ground.

As for Bobo, there's some word out of Knoxville that Pruitt will have interest in letting him replace Chaney. Whether Mike is willing to hitch up to another potential lame duck is a different story.

49 minutes ago, AutumnEffect said:

After seeing Coach Pittman's success at Arky, I'm starting to think Cochran has what it takes.

Cochran is so freaking intelligent and knows how he needs to do in order to run a program and that was why he had to get on the field experience or no team would consider just a S&C coach to lead their program.. 

8 hours ago, Unknøwn said:

Lincoln Riley's brother Garrett is expected to follow Beamer to SC as OC. Bud Foster is also expected to join the program but not as DC, at least not as of this moment. Bud wants to help the younger Beamer get off the ground.

As for Bobo, there's some word out of Knoxville that Pruitt will have interest in letting him replace Chaney. Whether Mike is willing to hitch up to another potential lame duck is a different story.

South Carolina is puzzling me with some of this. They basically have an outgoing AD putting the school on the hook for nearly $20 million just on contract buyouts.

I mean if they are going to bring in a new head coach they need to let him build his staff and retain who he wants. No doubt. But they continue to show very poor financial management. They’ve consistently been in the top 20 for total staff salary for a while and they don’t sniff relevance. 

On 12/7/2020 at 11:38 AM, Carter said:

Yeah I jumped the gun with a little praise on Pruitt earlier this season. They started off looking better but just totally took a dump. That Tennessee job sure ain't what it used to be.

Pruitt is in over his head in a big way. I do think he'll get the axe if he loses to Vanderbilt on Saturday. What may help make the boosters more willing to fire him is that Butch Jones final buyout payment is in January or February, I heard. Pruitt's benching of Bailey late in the game last week was pretty much my last straw with him. One of the lousiest things about all this is that he'll get paid more to fail, then not do his job than I'll see in my lifetime of work. Same with Dooley, Butch, Fulmer, etc.

You're right, Tennessee job isn't anywhere near what it used to be. Firing Fulmer wasn't necessarily the problem: replacing him with Lane Kiffin, then subsequently replacing him with Dooley started the cycle of awful. If UT does manage to get a winner on campus, he'll probably bolt for a job that doesn't have to compete with Alabama, Florida, Georgia, etc year in and year out both on the field as well as for recruits. Or he'll use other jobs as leverage for a hefty raise like Rick Barnes did in flirting with UCLA before last season.