Coaching Rumors 2020

Unknøwn

Kellen Moore has declined Boise State. He got a new contract from Jerry. Its a 3 year deal thats believed to be a very lucrative one for the Cowboys HC in waiting. 

Ole Miss OC Jeff Lebby is reportedly a name gaining traction to replace Sark at Bama. Lebby was OC at UCF before joining Kiffin this season. 

Lions, Falcons and Texans are interested in interviewing Pat Fitzgerald according to NFL insiders. He will decide this week if he'll entertain NFL interest. He interviewed with Green Bay two years ago but decided against the jump. 

Signs are pointing toward Urban to the Jags. Hes rumored to be calling potential assistants to see their interest. He's reportedly intrigued by the total rebuild from the roster to the culture in Jacksonville. His favorites jobs so far are said to be Bowling Green and Utah because he had to completely change and/or build a winning culture. The report said Urban is no longer interested in a college job but the thought of the NFL really, really intrigues him. Its still not done though. 

52 minutes ago, Unknøwn said:

Adam Schefter reported that Dan Mullen has put word out he'll listen to any interested NFL team.

The best fit for me would be for him to go in Under Urban like he did 10 years ago. He could make a name for himself that way and then get an NFL coaching gig. Of course, as a Georgia fan, I'd like for him to stay at UF for the next 15 years.

Edited by NashvilleFalcon01

Baylor is hiring former Auburn and LSU OL coach Jeff Grimes as its new OC. Grimes spent the last couple of seasons calling plays at BYU.

DJ Mangas is at LSU today to meet with Orgeron about the OC job. Carolina QB coach Jake Peetz also came with him about filling the pass game coordinator job. Mangas is very close friends with Joe Brady and has coached with him everyone hes been. 

DC finalists at South Carolina are said to be UNC co-DC Jay Bateman and Derek Mason. Its Mason's if he wants it. 

Bama has shown interest in Bill O'Brian and Adam Gase for its open OC spot. Gase was a GA at LSU with Saban. 

23 hours ago, Unknøwn said:

According to ProFootballTalk, Urban is asking for $12M a year from Jacksonville. Report says he's basing it off Matt Rhule's $9M a year. Hes requiring any team to top that.

Jacksonville really has nothing to lose, they haven't been relevant in almost 15 years when Del Rio was there.

Jacksonville is probably the most attractive to Urban. He can have total say, the #1 pick and $100M to spend in free agency. His biggest passion is also said to be building an organization from the ground up. Jax certainly offers that. I wouldn't be shocked if he called Dan Quinn about being DC either. 

1 hour ago, Unknøwn said:

Jacksonville is probably the most attractive to Urban. He can have total say, the #1 pick and $100M to spend in free agency. His biggest passion is also said to be building an organization from the ground up. Jax certainly offers that. I wouldn't be shocked if he called Dan Quinn about being DC either. 

Can he have total say?  I thought Khan said he made all personnel decisions last year and would continue to do depending on the gm.

11 minutes ago, Porter Osborne Jr said:

Can he have total say?  I thought Khan said he made all personnel decisions last year and would continue to do depending on the gm.

Theres been rumors Urban wants control of the roster. He wants to run it like a college team and have control over the talent. 

1 hour ago, Unknøwn said:

Theres been rumors Urban wants control of the roster. He wants to run it like a college team and have control over the talent. 

Has that ever worked at the NFL level? Guys like Steve Spurrier tried it by taking a ton of guys that played for him at Florida and trying to recreate the Gators in the NFL and it failed miserably.

17 minutes ago, AUTiger7222 said:

Has that ever worked at the NFL level? Guys like Steve Spurrier tried it by taking a ton of guys that played for him at Florida and trying to recreate the Gators in the NFL and it failed miserably.

I dont think Urban would go after his guys but he might. He could go to Jax and sign Haskins for all I know. The coach/GM thing does tend to fail.

18 minutes ago, Unknøwn said:

South Carolina recently gave Bobo a new 2 year $2.4M deal but Harsin is offering him the Auburn OC job. 

AND... the opportunity to bring Gunner Stockton with him.  😉