Jump to content

Coaching Rumors 2020


Unknøwn
 Share

Recommended Posts

Already some stuff firing up. Louisville HC Scott Satterfield was linked to South Carolina, rumored to have an interview. Satterfield went public saying SC is not a job hes interested in and remains committed to UL. South Carolina has met with Coastal Carolina's HC Jamey Chadwell. Theyve scheduled a meeting with Shane Beamer.

Virginia Tech is considering firing Justin Fuente. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

22 minutes ago, Unknøwn said:

Mason will be able to pick anywhere he wants to go as DC. He was always an odd choice for Vandy. Yeah, he had experience winning at academically strong schools but he had 0 ties to the south or even east coast. He was born in Arizona and spent his career out west. 

Hmm

Who is Herm Edwards DC at ASU?

might be a good fit

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I love Mason and would love to see him in Athens. I think his career would benefit a lot from getting out of the SEC and going back out west too though. He's a tremendous coach and I hate that he got fired, but Vandy football is tough sledding to begin with and they had an exceptionally bad season.

UGA could have some staff shuffling. Not sure that I see Lanning in that mix, but he could get a good offer that we won't match and then things get real interesting.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Some names popping up at Vandy are ND DC Clark Lea, Charlotte's Will Healy, Miami OC Rhett Lashlee and Coastal Carolina's Jamey Chadwell. Lea is a Vandy grad and Healy is a native of Tennessee. Bama's Charles Huff also getting some play and he was on Franklin's staff at Vandy. Lea is a strong contender but some thought they might shy away because he is in the same mold Mason was. Vandy is leaning towards an offensive mind to come in and put up numbers. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 11/30/2020 at 8:24 AM, Unknøwn said:

Some names popping up at Vandy are ND DC Clark Lea, Charlotte's Will Healy, Miami OC Rhett Lashlee and Coastal Carolina's Jamey Chadwell. Lea is a Vandy grad and Healy is a native of Tennessee. Bama's Charles Huff also getting some play and he was on Franklin's staff at Vandy. Lea is a strong contender but some thought they might shy away because he is in the same mold Mason was. Vandy is leaning towards an offensive mind to come in and put up numbers. 

 

Chadwell is from Tennessee also. Went to Anderson County High School, about 35-40 minutes from the UT Campus. Played QB at East Tennessee State University in Johnson City.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 11/30/2020 at 8:24 AM, Unknøwn said:

Some names popping up at Vandy are ND DC Clark Lea, Charlotte's Will Healy, Miami OC Rhett Lashlee and Coastal Carolina's Jamey Chadwell. Lea is a Vandy grad and Healy is a native of Tennessee. Bama's Charles Huff also getting some play and he was on Franklin's staff at Vandy. Lea is a strong contender but some thought they might shy away because he is in the same mold Mason was. Vandy is leaning towards an offensive mind to come in and put up numbers. 

At this point, why would any up and comer consider Vanderbilt? It chews you up and spits you out. Better to wait for a better opportunity unless you just want the HC money, which I’m doubtful is that great at Vandy. 
 

I heard Chris Goforth talk about how Vandy received 44 million dollars last year as their conference payout, the same amount all other SEC teams received. They certainly are not investing it into the football program as their facilities are crap. They haven’t updated the locker rooms, and their stadium is like a large regional high school stadium. 

Edited by Screaming Brave
Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 hours ago, Screaming Brave said:

At this point, why would any up and comer consider Vanderbilt? It chews you up and spits you out. Better to wait for a better opportunity unless you just want the HC money, which I’m doubtful is that great at Vandy. 
 

I heard Chris Goforth talk about how Vandy received 44 million dollars last year as their conference payout, the same amount all other SEC teams received. They certainly are not investing it into the football program as their facilities are crap. They haven’t updated the locker rooms, and their stadium is like a large regional high school stadium. 

Its a hard job no doubt. James Franklin got his first HC at Vandy and had them ranked two straight years. The mistake they made was going for defense after Franklin. Vandy needs a unique offense or something to compete. Thats what the AD is searching for now. In her recent interview she said theyre looking for an offensive mind to come in and revamp the program. Find a system that covers up your talent gaps. Just like Miss State and Ole Miss did last offseason. Id probably take a hard look at Rhett Lashlee if I was Vandy. Bring in the spread option and a young mind. Recruiting ties from Texas to Florida and SEC experience. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Texas officials flew to Urban Meyer's home. They're reportedly willing to give him a blank check and anything he wants. Urban is making calls and seeing who he get build his staff with. A lot of his former staffers are still with Ryan Day and unwilling to leave OSU. This will be important for Urban, if he can't build a staff he likes enough he won't come back. Cristobal and James Franklin are the next names on the Texas list.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

32 minutes ago, Unknøwn said:

Texas officials flew to Urban Meyer's home. They're reportedly willing to give him a blank check and anything he wants. Urban is making calls and seeing who he get build his staff with. A lot of his former staffers are still with Ryan Day and unwilling to leave OSU. This will be important for Urban, if he can't build a staff he likes enough he won't come back. Cristobal and James Franklin are the next names on the Texas list.

Franklin? Lol. That’s just Tom Herman all over again. 

Cristobal would be a good hire though if they can’t get Urban 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share

×
×
  • Create New...