Any chance the Falcons hire 49ers running back coach Mike McDaniel as head coach or offensive coordinator next year?

14 minutes ago, Falcons Fan MVP said:

I hope they strongly consider Robert Saleh. 

I am tired of the defensive approach.  Get an offensive HC and then get a proven DC.  OCs get promoted to HC at a 4 to 1 rate as DCs, this team, especially this offense, needs some continuity for whatever remainder of time Matt and Julio are here.  Of the top 13 teams in the league right now, 10 have HC with an offensive background.

31 minutes ago, Rings said:

There is a strong chance the best candidate is a minority candidate, because unfortunately a lot of them still get passed over when they shouldn’t.  

People seem to have a really hard time grasping this, even though it's common knowledge that ownership and coaching has traditionally been an old boys club, and we are continually see the same terrible coaches bouncing from club to club because they know people. People seem so against giving a minority candidate a shot.

4 hours ago, Rings said:

There is a strong chance the best candidate is a minority candidate, because unfortunately a lot of them still get passed over when they shouldn’t.  

You really think coaches are getting skipped because of skin color? I'm not dumb enough to say it doesnt happen, but I just don't think its really like that. 

2 hours ago, abcranford2 said:

I'd like him as the OC.  Joe Brady as head coach. 

Two great offensive minds and my top 2 choices for HC but hiring both (one as OC) makes zero sense. Completely different philosophies and both guys will want to run and call their own offense even as head coaches. That's part of the appeal for me.

1 hour ago, xSICKxWITHxITx said:

You really think coaches are getting skipped because of skin color? I'm not dumb enough to say it doesnt happen, but I just don't think its really like that. 

Sadly, yes, and I’m a white man, but that **** happens in every profession unfortunately.  If it didn’t they wouldn’t have had to put the Rooney Rule in place or start offering comp picks for developing minority candidates.  They are doing this because it’s a problem that needs fixed, and sadly for some they will have to give incentive to get some owners to sign off on it.

6 hours ago, Rings said:

I am tired of the defensive approach.  Get an offensive HC and then get a proven DC.  OCs get promoted to HC at a 4 to 1 rate as DCs, this team, especially this offense, needs some continuity for whatever remainder of time Matt and Julio are here.  Of the top 13 teams in the league right now, 10 have HC with an offensive background.

100%. An offensive minded HC with a GM who knows how to build a defense ..... gimme that!

6 hours ago, Rings said:

Sadly, yes, and I’m a white man, but that **** happens in every profession unfortunately.  If it didn’t they wouldn’t have had to put the Rooney Rule in place or start offering comp picks for developing minority candidates.  They are doing this because it’s a problem that needs fixed, and sadly for some they will have to give incentive to get some owners to sign off on it.

I am also white so I could be dead wrong, but I just don’t think it’s that bad. If it happens just once that’s bad enough. The rule has been in place a long time and probably was needed then. I just think for any job they should higher the best person for the job, not skin color.

40 minutes ago, xSICKxWITHxITx said:

I am also white so I could be dead wrong, but I just don’t think it’s that bad. If it happens just once that’s bad enough. The rule has been in place a long time and probably was needed then. I just think for any job they should higher the best person for the job, not skin color.

It happens bro and pretty frequently. I respect it's hard for you to see because it's not affecting you directly, but these things wouldn't even be brought to meetings for a possible official rule if it wasn't happening.

2 hours ago, xSICKxWITHxITx said:

They are literally voting on adding the comp picks this year because it is still  so. bad.  If it was fixed this wouldn’t be a thing.  So not trying to be a d!ck, but you are wrong, it’s still very broken.  It’s not comfortable to talk about, or think about, and for most of us that are white will never fully understand it, but just because we aren’t affected by it doesn’t mean it isn’t real.

1 hour ago, Rings said:

They are literally voting on adding the comp picks this year because it is still  so. bad.  If it was fixed this wouldn’t be a thing.  So not trying to be a d!ck, but you are wrong, it’s still very broken.  It’s not comfortable to talk about, or think about, and for most of us that are white will never fully understand it, but just because we aren’t affected by it doesn’t mean it isn’t real.

Sure, but at what point does it become condescending, like the all-black referee crew on Monday Nite...I was embarrassed for humanity watching them treat them like the bearded lady at the circus..."So Proud!  Have you ever seen anything like it? Never thought I'd see the day..."

21 hours ago, ATLskinjob said:

People seem to have a really hard time grasping this, even though it's common knowledge that ownership and coaching has traditionally been an old boys club, and we are continually see the same terrible coaches bouncing from club to club because they know people. People seem so against giving a minority candidate a shot.

I'm not against giving a POC a shot at coach. I'm all for it. But hire them because they are the best option overall, not to score social justice brownie points. If Bienemy is the best option hire his butt up. If it's Mike McDaniel then get him.

9 hours ago, ATLFalcons11 said:

It happens bro and pretty frequently. I respect it's hard for you to see because it's not affecting you directly, but these things wouldn't even be brought to meetings for a possible official rule if it wasn't happening.

Yeah I hate that and your right it doesn’t affect me directly so that’s why I don’t see it. I’m a white dude from a small town in Arkansas and I don’t see it to much so I just assumed if it’s being done here it can’t be that bad. My wife works for the government and I know if you are qualified and black you will get hired over someone who is white. Especially if you are a woman. It just blows my mind that we need that still. It’s sad if we do. 

I read this and curios on people thoughts.

https://www.outkick.com/whitlock-black-pride-religion-ordained-by-white-liberals-taking-black-people-and-america-straight-to-****/?fbclid=IwAR1hxAn37ESCpp_elFHbYi4BuR0awVzvffQB23j9lr2ZMdIvEE5eqONDH3o

7 hours ago, Rings said:

There is a ton of black coaches, maybe not that many head coaches it’s just hard to believe it’s all about skin color. I’m thrilled to have a black GM or coach as long as they can do a good job. But that’s not dependent on skin color.

17 hours ago, xSICKxWITHxITx said:

I think that in the NFL, the hiring of minority HC’s is behind the other major sports.  

Change is coming but it has been slow.