Sources: Atlanta Falcons compile diverse list of GM candidates

2 hours ago, JMac.......and Cheese. said:

I think it's something like 30+% of NFL coaches have played at the NFL level. All but two have played at a college level.

70% of all nfl players are black and something like 50% of all college players are black.

Two nfl general managers are black, and there are three black nfl head coaches.

So the overwhelming majority of head coaches and general managers come from some some connection to the game and it's a game that is compromised by primarily black people.

It's not like we're pulling and hiring from the general public here, it's an inclusive hiring pool, folks who have been around and played the game, and the majority of them are black..........except at the highest level.

So it's ok for the majority of the players to be black, but it's not ok for the majority of the coaches to be white? Maybe we need to have a rooney rule for skill positions where a certain number need to be white. That sounds fair.

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I just want the best person for each job. Black, white, asian, hispanic, man or woman.    When lists like this come out and all are black - it fills more like the hiring is more agenda-driven.   

Reggie McKenzie? How about no.

I will repeat......best person for the job - don't care the color nor should anyone.   If the best person for the job is a minority, that's a great thing but should never be the overriding factor.

1 minute ago, FalconFanSince1969 said:

So it's ok for the majority of the players to be black, but it's not ok for the majority of the coaches to be white? Maybe we need to have a rooney rule for skill positions where a certain number need to be white. That sounds fair.

I think you inadvertently made my argument for me.

Just now, JMac.......and Cheese. said:

I think you inadvertently made my argument for me.

Ever think that maybe some people are better at certain things? Who are all of these aspiring black coaches that just aren't getting the opportunity? I would like to see a list of deserving black coaches that are just being held down by the man.