If Julio even STANDS there

20 hours ago, THEHEADCOACH said:

Julio isn't in his prime.. hasn't been for a while now. Only in the eyes of the star struck homers. Yes, It would have been the smart move vs paying him again with his injury problems. I didn't say his salary was or wasn't a problem. Everyone knows we have coaching issues, but that has nothing to do with this. 

Just LOL man on every bit of that. Me thinks you’ve already started dipping into some of that wild thanksgiving turkey sauce. :ninja:

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

All I got from that was "20 year old Chevy Mustang"

He's got a soft tissue injury in a year where there was little prep and off-season work due to covid.  Pump the drama breaks a little.  Hamstrings.  High ankle sprains.  Take forever to heal and are e

It just seems our fan base hates good players.

6 hours ago, THEHEADCOACH said:

Julio isn't in his prime.. hasn't been for a while now. Only in the eyes of the star struck homers. Yes, It would have been the smart move vs paying him again with his injury problems. I didn't say his salary was or wasn't a problem. Everyone knows we have coaching issues, but that has nothing to do with this. 

Must say something about a dude that he's not in his prime and still universally regarded as a top 3 receiver. Defenses completely change how they play us when he's not on the field. It's basically 10 of our guys vs. 9 of theirs every time he's out there.

1 hour ago, Pacific_Falcon said:

Must say something about a dude that he's not in his prime and still universally regarded as a top 3 receiver. Defenses completely change how they play us when he's not on the field. It's basically 10 of our guys vs. 9 of theirs every time he's out there.

Players like him are dangerous way outside of their prime. If they are healthy. 

12 hours ago, THEHEADCOACH said:

For a guy that supposedly isn’t in his PRIME like your trying to portray ask yourself this.Offensively who is #1 on an opponents tip sheet when playing the Falcons #2 why is he consistently drawing double coverage if he like you say isn’t in his PRIME.#3 your take is so farken stupid it’s laughable.A guy whose not in his PRIME but is still basically rated by just about anyone you ask as the best WRer in the game.

If Julio Jones isn’t in his PRIME how the **** is he rated best at what he does in his position.

I swear fans like you hate good players or think guys like him grow on trees.Shucks I know we got fans who think like you growing on trees Julio’s a bit different.

On 11/24/2020 at 3:09 PM, kiwifalcon said:

You basically mentioned in your first sentence you’ve never seen a guy like Julio take as many plays off.My retort was do you actually think Julio wants to take these off.

Julio isn’t helping the team where is this coming from you aren’t serious are you.

He uses alot of cap space because he’s the best at his position in the league the idea you find HOFers for $2 and less cap is a joke.

Expert on football hmmmmmm see coming from the guy that just said Julio doesn’t play well how many games has Julio missed in the last say 5 seasons ?

Julio is no where near the best wr in football today . He reminds me of Calvin Johnson back with Detroit. Great measurements and ball skills along with a huge salary ... Great stats , not many wins and ZERO Superbowl wins ...

1 hour ago, SavedByGrace1221 said:

Julio is no where near the best wr in football today . He reminds me of Calvin Johnson back with Detroit. Great measurements and ball skills along with a huge salary ... Great stats , not many wins and ZERO Superbowl wins ...

I see all the kiddies are out of school for thanksgiving holidays. 

29 minutes ago, Lornoth said:

Imagine saying 'He's like Megatron' as your proof for why he's not the best WR in the league. 

Good one . Here's a fact for you . 'Megatron" as you say , was considered the ' best hood ornament in football " for most of his career in Detroit. 2007-2015 ... Wanna guess the lions record with the high priced, fan loving , salary cap taking shiny hood ornament ??... 54-90 .... Btw .. as of today ... 2020 ...Julio is not the " best hood ornament in the game " . Not even close. He's a fan loving , money making tool for Mr. Blank . Im a Falcon Fan . I want what's best for our team to win. If that means focusing less money to ' hood ornaments " and more to multiple positions, I'm all for it . When Ryan and Julio are long gone , I'll still be a Falcon Fan . 

3 hours ago, SavedByGrace1221 said:

Maybe according to you but many think different.Nowhere near the best you seriously no nothing about the game if your putting your name on that.

You like many of the clowns like you have to get past this hood ornament BS.

Julio is a great football player and has been since the jump.I’ll say it now 1st ballot HOFer.

People love talking up Julio and putting him on a pedestal, but he hasn’t had a double digit TD season since 2012.

Julio is 5 games away from the end of his 10th season. In his first 10 seasons, Jerry Rice caught 131 TDs. Randy Moss caught 135. TO had 101. Julio Jones has just 60.

Julio is a very good football player. His receptions and yardage numbers will get him in the HOF, but he’s also overpaid for his production and overrated.

On 11/26/2020 at 2:55 AM, kiwifalcon said:

For a guy that supposedly isn’t in his PRIME like your trying to portray ask yourself this.Offensively who is #1 on an opponents tip sheet when playing the Falcons #2 why is he consistently drawing double coverage if he like you say isn’t in his PRIME.#3 your take is so farken stupid it’s laughable.A guy whose not in his PRIME but is still basically rated by just about anyone you ask as the best WRer in the game.

If Julio Jones isn’t in his PRIME how the **** is he rated best at what he does in his position.

I swear fans like you hate good players or think guys like him grow on trees.Shucks I know we got fans who think like you growing on trees Julio’s a bit different.

First, Julio isn't the same player he was 3 or 4 years ago. There for , he isn't in his prime. If you come out of the bubble for a while, you will realize that. 

Second, Julio can still be a great player at times. When healthy ,which those times are becoming less and less. If he goes to the ground on a catch, he is hurt. Every SINGLE TIME. He struggles to stay on the field for consecutive plays anymore. That said, if he can stay healthy, he is still a great player, but that doesn't mean he is still in his prime. He obviously doesn't isn't. Most people nation wide see this. That is why Falcon fans are constantly crying when people start rating WRs and Julio is on down the list. It's a steady cry fest. He's still a great player though. No one has said he isn't, but he isn't Prime Julio anymore. 

Finally, because people see he is on the down slope of his career. Doesn't mean they hate Julio. I love Julio. I want him to play here.. Key word "Play" ! 

23 minutes ago, THEHEADCOACH said:

First, Julio isn't the same player he was 3 or 4 years ago. There for , he isn't in his prime. If you come out of the bubble for a while, you will realize that. 

Second, Julio can still be a great player at times. When healthy ,which those times are becoming less and less. If he goes to the ground on a catch, he is hurt. Every SINGLE TIME. He struggles to stay on the field for consecutive plays anymore. That said, if he can stay healthy, he is still a great player, but that doesn't mean he is still in his prime. He obviously doesn't isn't. Most people nation wide see this. That is why Falcon fans are constantly crying when people start rating WRs and Julio is on down the list. It's a steady cry fest. He's still a great player though. No one has said he isn't, but he isn't Prime Julio anymore. 

Finally, because people see he is on the down slope of his career. Doesn't mean they hate Julio. I love Julio. I want him to play here.. Key word "Play" ! 

How many games has Julio missed in the last 5 years?

You put Julio with a decent OC and see what happens.

You think without Julio the WRing groups better or worse?

I don’t see downward slope at all I still see a guy whose very dangerous and teams still basically see the same and try and lessen his effect.If Julio is like you say on the downward slope why is he still garnering so much attention defensively.If he like your trying to portray on the downward slope why is he still getting doubled every other play why?

On 11/27/2020 at 12:12 PM, kiwifalcon said:

I don’t see downward slope at all I still see a guy whose very dangerous and teams still basically see the same and try and lessen his effect.If Julio is like you say on the downward slope why is he still garnering so much attention defensively.If he like your trying to portray on the downward slope why is he still getting doubled every other play why?

Previous 3 seasons (2017-19) JJ averaged 100/1500/6. Yeah, he’s really slowing down. :ninja:

Sure, this year he’s been banged up, it goes with the nature of the sport. See also Barkley, McCaffery, Bosa, et al. Nobody’s claiming those 3 are in decline.

22 hours ago, kiwifalcon said:

Julio is still the best WR on this team when healthy. So he will get all the attention. Just because he isn't in his prime, doesn't mean he is bad. He's still really good, when healthy. Your #1 will always get all the attention. 

And I know you ain't honestly trying to take up for Julio's health and missing games with a straight face. The dude has played in a ton of games hurt and almost worthless. 

1 hour ago, THEHEADCOACH said:

Julio is still the best WR on this team when healthy. So he will get all the attention. Just because he isn't in his prime, doesn't mean he is bad. He's still really good, when healthy. Your #1 will always get all the attention. 

And I know you ain't honestly trying to take up for Julio's health and missing games with a straight face. The dude has played in a ton of games hurt and almost worthless. 

Healthy tell me a player that is good if not the best at what they do that doesn’t play banged up.Julio still gets attention regardless did you see against the Aints 2nd play in the PA to Ridley who did the safety go to ?He went to a banged up Julio Jones.

A ton of games where he’s been worthless because of him being banged up what a load of ****.Hurt banged up regardless Julio still garners thee attention.

PS if you didn’t know Julio is still 1 or 2 when it comes to his position in the league and has been for years.You don’t do that or manage to do that if you aren’t in your prime years.

He looks pretty deadly to me for a guy not in his prime.