No announcement on Dirk Koetter

1 hour ago, wnyfalconfan said:

The fact that Morris was ok with the game plan that Koetter came up with should be all of the evaluation you need on Morris. Koetter had 2 weeks to come up with whatever that was on Sunday. The team was grossly unprepared and that ultimately falls on Morris.

its not the game plan...its the scheme.  Dirk Koetter's scheme is to have no game plan lol.  He literally just wants everybody to "win their matchups".  "If we just execute and win our matchups we'll be ok."  He's not scheming anybody open.  He's not setting anything up with the run.  The run game is nothing more than trying to maintain the appearance of being balanced.  No imagination at all.  "Just go out there and beat the guy across from you" like they aren't NFL players to.

Edited by abcranford2
  • Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

You actually thought he would be fired today? 

I get the frustration but the season is almost over and it really doesn't even serve a purpose at this point.   The Falcons are only getting a new OC when everyone is fired after the season

The koetter hire reeks of McKay and his love affair with tampon bay castoffs. Not sure anything will actually change until this team is either A) sold or B ) McKay is fired. Neither of which are likel

Posted Images

3 hours ago, Goober Pyle said:

I want Koetter's a$$ booted out, too. But other than Knapp, I really don't see anybody on staff who could/would take over. No other offensive assistants have called plays (per their bios) and Knapp hasn't done it since 2012. We're stuck with Koetter till the end of the season......

https://www.atlantafalcons.com/team/coaches-roster/

Yeah I remember Knapp being a bad name when Vick was here. Season is lost anyway i would rather ride out the rest of the year with Knapp. Would at least give me a reason to watch a couple more games.

1 hour ago, athell said:

While the offense was awful yesterday, Raheem's defense got worked by first read Taysom Hill in one of the most vanilla schemes I have seen in a long time from a Sean Payton offense.  It worked, and I for one will accept the egg on my face, but truth be told if Jameis or Drew were under center they would have put up over 40.  Don't let the terrible offense yesterday detract from the fact that our defense was nearly as miserable.

No doubt it was a team effort, but 3 field goals and Ryan was lucky to finish the game. And Peyton showed how much he disrespects this team by starting Hill.. Jamis most likely would have got the start if they were playing bucs or packers.. Team needs a complete rebuild in my opinion.

4 hours ago, Statick said:

This team isn't going anywhere this season. As much as I hate losing against a rival, I hate gross inefficiency even worse.

The fact that we couldn't field any answers to the pressure they were bringing or adjust the offense to account for it is unacceptable. Having said that, they aren't going to fire the OC in the middle of an already bad season.

I don't see why not...he'll be fired at the end of the season, and if Raheem is serious about keeping this job, he'll realize that sticking with Koetter is going to drag him down.  He's got another very capable OC on the staff in Knapp.  Fire Koetter and promote Knapp, if for no other reason than to show he continues to hold the problems on this team accountable and will not accept it...

I've been saying, we got personnel deficiencies on defense, and scheme deficiencies on offense.

It's hard to watch, because neither are really fixable this season, but I'll join the others and renew my over-a-year long call to fire Koetter and let Knapp call plays.  If nothing else, we'll be running what was successful until a couple of years ago again.

4 hours ago, Statick said:

This team isn't going anywhere this season. As much as I hate losing against a rival, I hate gross inefficiency even worse.

The fact that we couldn't field any answers to the pressure they were bringing or adjust the offense to account for it is unacceptable. Having said that, they aren't going to fire the OC in the middle of an already bad season.

this game reminded me of the seahawks game where jamal adams kept blitzing on the edges and DK did nothing to stop it

1 hour ago, KamiKazee27 said:

Yeah I remember Knapp being a bad name when Vick was here. Season is lost anyway i would rather ride out the rest of the year with Knapp. Would at least give me a reason to watch a couple more games.

isnt knapp west coast i was too young to know if he was as long as i see west coast idc who calls the plays i just wanna go back to that offense 

6 hours ago, falconsd56 said:

Going to stop being a fan because of a bad game yesterday?

Boo plucking hoo.

Who said they are going to stop being a fan?  I rechecked the thread and it appears you made this up.  This is not the first time I have caught you trolling. 

Tell us who said they will stop being a fan.

5 minutes ago, NaGaBoy said:

Who said they are going to stop being a fan?  I rechecked the thread and it appears you made this up.  This is not the first time I have caught you trolling. 

Tell us who said they will stop being a fan.

First off you have never "caught me "trolling"."

Secondly

"If so, I do not think I can watch. I am giving all my Falcons gear to Goodwill this week. I do not know what my involvement as a fan will be forthcoming. "

So yeah.... Shut up

30 minutes ago, falconsd56 said:

First off you have never "caught me "trolling"."

Secondly

"If so, I do not think I can watch. I am giving all my Falcons gear to Goodwill this week. I do not know what my involvement as a fan will be forthcoming. "

So yeah.... Shut up

Yes, I have.  I have three threads where you jumped in and stated "I stopped read at..."  The implication you attempted is clear. 

I am relinquishing my Falcons gear as I said.  And, I do not know how much I will be involved as a fan.  What was your point.

Uhhh, no.  I will not Shut up.  Are you a mod?  Am I banned?  By what authority do you direct me to "Shut Up".

Now that we have handled all of your deflections, who stated they will not be a fan?  Who was the sophmoric "Boo Hoo" directed at?  You have not answered this question and I cannot find such in this thread.  Were you lying?  Are you stirring the pot?

1 minute ago, NaGaBoy said:

Yes, I have.  I have three threads where you jumped in and stated "I stopped read at..."  The implication you attempted is clear. 

I am relinquishing my Falcons gear as I said.  And, I do not know how much I will be involved as a fan.  What was your point.

Uhhh, no.  I will not Shut up.  Are you a mod?  Am I banned?  By what authority do you direct me to "Shut Up".

Now that we have handled all of your deflections, who stated they will not be a fan?  Who was the sophmoric "Boo Hoo" directed at?  You have not answered this question and I cannot find such in this thread.  Were you lying?  Are you stirring the pot?

When I see a Manifesto of stupid that can be avoided within the first sentence or 2 then I stop reading and point that out...that is not trolling....it is pointing out the stupid which pretty much sums up every thing that you typed.....so atleast you are consistent so kudos for that.

See that can be considered trolling.