No announcement on Dirk Koetter

I cannot express my disappointment.  It matters little what our coaching structure is and who would need to take over OC responsibilities.  Here is why Dirk needed to be fired this morning.

1.   The Falcons brass needed to show a commitment to win.

2.  The Falcons brass should demonstrate they are not confused, that they see the primary issue.

3.  The team and the fans need to see demonstrable evidence that failure is not accepted.

4.  This level of incompetence needs to be eliminated before we fully evaluate Morris, before we hire a new GM, before we hire a HC.

5.  We need to see what the next guy up at OC can do before the season ends.

6.  The players and coaches need to see that no one is safe when we perform the way we did against the Saints yesterday.

It needs to be done now.  Yet, we have seen nothing.  Will Dirk Koetter be our OC for the next game?  If so, I do not think I can watch.  I am giving all my Falcons gear to Goodwill this week.  I do not know what my involvement as a fan will be forthcoming. 

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

You actually thought he would be fired today? 

I get the frustration but the season is almost over and it really doesn't even serve a purpose at this point.   The Falcons are only getting a new OC when everyone is fired after the season

The koetter hire reeks of McKay and his love affair with tampon bay castoffs. Not sure anything will actually change until this team is either A) sold or B ) McKay is fired. Neither of which are likel

Posted Images

1 hour ago, NaGaBoy said:

I would have put a lot of money on it.  Sometimes, I just think about what rationally needs to be done.  I forget we are dealing with the Falcons.

This team isn't going anywhere this season. As much as I hate losing against a rival, I hate gross inefficiency even worse.

The fact that we couldn't field any answers to the pressure they were bringing or adjust the offense to account for it is unacceptable. Having said that, they aren't going to fire the OC in the middle of an already bad season.

I want Koetter's a$$ booted out, too. But other than Knapp, I really don't see anybody on staff who could/would take over. No other offensive assistants have called plays (per their bios) and Knapp hasn't done it since 2012. We're stuck with Koetter till the end of the season......

https://www.atlantafalcons.com/team/coaches-roster/

16 minutes ago, NaGaBoy said:

I would have put a lot of money on it.  Sometimes, I just think about what rationally needs to be done.  I forget we are dealing with the Falcons.

I get the frustration but the season is almost over and it really doesn't even serve a purpose at this point.

The Falcons are only getting a new OC when everyone is fired after the season as expected.

29 minutes ago, Goober Pyle said:

I want Koetter's a$$ booted out, too. But other than Knapp, I really don't see anybody on staff who could/would take over. No other offensive assistants have called plays (per their bios) and Knapp hasn't done it since 2012. We're stuck with Koetter till the end of the season......

Hire a temp off the street. LoL

51 minutes ago, NaGaBoy said:

I cannot express my disappointment.  It matters little what our coaching structure is and who would need to take over OC responsibilities.  Here is why Dirk needed to be fired this morning.

1.   The Falcons brass needed to show a commitment to win.

2.  The Falcons brass should demonstrate they are not confused, that they see the primary issue.

3.  The team and the fans need to see demonstrable evidence that failure is not accepted.

4.  This level of incompetence needs to be eliminated before we fully evaluate Morris, before we hire a new GM, before we hire a HC.

5.  We need to see what the next guy up at OC can do before the season ends.

6.  The players and coaches need to see that no one is safe when we perform the way we did against the Saints yesterday.

It needs to be done now.  Yet, we have seen nothing.  Will Dirk Koetter be our OC for the next game?  If so, I do not think I can watch.  I am giving all my Falcons gear to Goodwill this week.  I do not know what my involvement as a fan will be forthcoming. 

The fact that Morris was ok with the game plan that Koetter came up with should be all of the evaluation you need on Morris. Koetter had 2 weeks to come up with whatever that was on Sunday. The team was grossly unprepared and that ultimately falls on Morris.

10 minutes ago, wnyfalconfan said:

The fact that Morris was ok with the game plan that Koetter came up with should be all of the evaluation you need on Morris. Koetter had 2 weeks to come up with whatever that was on Sunday. The team was grossly unprepared and that ultimately falls on Morris.

It saddens me to realize that your comment rings true. 

Dirk Koetter is one of the worst OCs in the history of football.  His being rehired shows not only the depths of Quinn's incompetence, but incompetence throughout the organization for even letting him come back a second time.

Having said that firing him now makes no sense.  If Morris fires him and still loses then it's going to look real bad for him.

1 hour ago, Goober Pyle said:

So what, the season is over. The  rest of this year should be taking a good long look at this O Line and D Line.  Or just let us call the plays on Zoom. 

38 minutes ago, vafalconfan said:

If Raheem really wants the head coaching gig he should relieve Koetter of his duties and let Knapp have go at it. It could not get any worse..

While the offense was awful yesterday, Raheem's defense got worked by first read Taysom Hill in one of the most vanilla schemes I have seen in a long time from a Sean Payton offense.  It worked, and I for one will accept the egg on my face, but truth be told if Jameis or Drew were under center they would have put up over 40.  Don't let the terrible offense yesterday detract from the fact that our defense was nearly as miserable.

2 minutes ago, athell said:

While the offense was awful yesterday, Raheem's defense got worked by first read Taysom Hill in one of the most vanilla schemes I have seen in a long time from a Sean Payton offense.  It worked, and I for one will accept the egg on my face, but truth be told if Jameis or Drew were under center they would have put up over 40.  Don't let the terrible offense yesterday detract from the fact that our defense was nearly as miserable.

Yeah...it is  it like the saints did anything special.

The defense did some good things but they went full on stupid when things mattered.

Like the punt that was a catch.....Debo did a great job covering it....until he over ram it and allowed the receiver to come back and catch it......their most explosive play was essentially a punt that was caught.

1 minute ago, falconsd56 said:

Yeah...it is  it like the saints did anything special.

The defense did some good things but they went full on stupid when things mattered.

Like the punt that was a catch.....Debo did a great job covering it....until he over ram it and allowed the receiver to come back and catch it......their most explosive play was essentially a punt that was caught.

I've been calling both their deep shots punts because they hung way too long in the air, both were terribly thrown balls that should have been picked but...Falcons...

The Saints did nothing special at all, and Raheem and Jeff were confounded by it.  I liked the energy by the team early, but it seemed after the third time settling for a fg, they all accepted the fate of the game.

On the plus side this team can't ruin our actual Thanksgiving day this year so there's that...

1 minute ago, athell said:

I've been calling both their deep shots punts because they hung way too long in the air, both were terribly thrown balls that should have been picked but...Falcons...

The Saints did nothing special at all, and Raheem and Jeff were confounded by it.  I liked the energy by the team early, but it seemed after the third time settling for a fg, they all accepted the fate of the game.

On the plus side this team can't ruin our actual Thanksgiving day this year so there's that...

Yup.

The Falcons had chances for picks.  4 or 5 times but could not make the play.

That is why I always say make the plays that are there.....and we did not do that on offense or defense yesterday and the saints did ......much like in the first meeting last year we made them and they didn't.