Marlon Davidson

FalconsIn2012

4 minutes ago, autigerfan said:

As an Auburn fan I thought Davidson would max out as a rotational piece but not a high end starter.  He is a bit of a tweener but I think he would fit best if he dropped some weight and took on a DE role like Clay.  He could still give a team 7 sacks consistently which is nothing to sneeze at.  

I was most comfortable with him of all our picks...lol.  Shows how little I know

So you folks are seriously judging a player because he wound up injured most of his first season. Not first 2 or 3 seasons, but his first season. Yet we wonder why this fan base is voted so low season after season. I’m sure most of you were raising **** about picking Terrell on draft night too. Do you though. 

2 hours ago, ya_boi_j said:

So you folks are seriously judging a player because he wound up injured most of his first season. Not first 2 or 3 seasons, but his first season. Yet we wonder why this fan base is voted so low season after season. I’m sure most of you were raising **** about picking Terrell on draft night too. Do you though. 

A COVID season where the college to pro transmission was severely compromised. 
ALL 2020 draft picks deserve a benefit of extra time to adjust.

Our fan base is a bust. 

8 hours ago, autigerfan said:

As an Auburn fan I thought Davidson would max out as a rotational piece but not a high end starter.  He is a bit of a tweener but I think he would fit best if he dropped some weight and took on a DE role like Clay.  He could still give a team 7 sacks consistently which is nothing to sneeze at.  

TD couldn’t draft a player who got seven sacks consistently. Never has prolly never will

They moved him inside. His skils are better suited for DE but because he doesn't fit the DQ mold of 250lb DE, they moved him inside where his athleticism is neutralized and they made him pork up. They should've gone the other route. Keep him lean around 270 and play him at his natural spot. It's not a mystery to me, I predicted this would happen. Hopefully someone in this organization will wise up and reverse course with Davidson.

i had 3 main players i want for this team in the draft as of just 1 season this is how i think its looking.

Kenneth Murrey < A.J Terrell : Terrell was the bigger need and also has shown that he is able to follow the top WR, he is everywhere and has good field awareness. like yesterday he was everywhere the ball was. Players like him , our linebackers, and grady jerret been playing everywhere on the field

A.J Epenesa = M.Davidson : Epenesa has been on the field more but also plays for the bills and has a few pressures. Yet Davidson has also done some nice things when he has been on the field. maybe a slight edge to Epenesa.

Johnathon Taylor > H.Hurst : didnt really like the trade for the pick but i understood it. Taylor has shown he is picking up right where he left off in collage. H.Hurst  isnt doing bad and might be doing bad because of play calling. also not sure if Taylor could run behind our oline. Ito Smite might be the only guy who can lol

On 11/23/2020 at 10:07 AM, Jpg428gggg said:

I had the same thought yesterday, but way too early to make any judgement. He has been injured and on the COVID reserve list. No telling how his body is feeling right now. Some guys had no symptoms while others had a long recovery. I remember Freddie Freeman struggled early in the season and he admitted that he was still recovering his strength.

I will reserve judgement until the end of next season.

I had COVID in May.  I was back at work within two weeks and performing well.  However, I could not tolerate more than four minutes on the treadmill when I got back.  It took me three months to feel "normal" again.  

A big man like Davidson could take a long time to recover, so I think we should give the guy a pass this season.