Marlon Davidson

FalconsIn2012

1 hour ago, Boise Falcon Fan said:

I think most people expected to see more from him this year, but injuries/sicknesses happen. Maybe we'll get to see him on the field the rest of the season. It would be nice for him to get a taste, so he can go into the offseason knowing what he needs to do to compete.

Yeah like Lindstrom and see him know... this year its already lost.. get playing time to our rookies... if Marlon is able to go this year let him in...

2 minutes ago, belmont4213 said:

Just thought I’d point out that Marlon had a really nice game yesterday. 4 tackles, couple of pressures, and a FF that was wrongly overturned—all in his first significant playing time after a missed offseason and first half of the regular season

Yeah...I mentioned him in the game thread.

He was not flashy but I noticed him several times.

1 minute ago, falconsd56 said:

Yeah...I mentioned him in the game thread.

He was not flashy but I noticed him several times.

too many fans want to make snap quick decisions on rooks - Boom or Bust.      Some like to say you have to wait 3-4 years - I don't think it takes that long but even 1 season isn't enough.   When injured, the default position is a player is closer to bust than boom.   Reality the player is just hurt.

I am not talking to you and know you aren't claiming Marlon D a bust - just saying .....

Like someone else said,  others on Falcons messageboard were claiming Lindstrom some kinda bust midway through last year - then he got healthy and played well and looks good this year also.

23 minutes ago, g-dawg said:

too many fans want to make snap quick decisions on rooks - Boom or Bust.      Some like to say you have to wait 3-4 years - I don't think it takes that long but even 1 season isn't enough.   When injured, the default position is a player is closer to bust than boom.   Reality the player is just hurt.

I am not talking to you and know you aren't claiming Marlon D a bust - just saying .....

Like someone else said,  others on Falcons messageboard were claiming Lindstrom some kinda bust midway through last year - then he got healthy and played well and looks good this year also.

No doubt....we live in an instant gratification society where no one has patience for anything any more.

On 11/23/2020 at 11:39 AM, Hard Case said:

Perfect example of why TD and Quinn are getting their real estate licenses.  Drafting has been abysmal for years.  

Actually, with the exception of Davidson, this year's draft class is looking pretty good. 

Davidson was the only pick that was a little shaky to begin with being that he didn't play inside a much. For that, the lack of off-season and his health issues, I'll give him a pass this year. Not expecting a lot but I can't write him off yet.

8 hours ago, g-dawg said:

Consider the source. 

18 hours ago, falconsd56 said:

No doubt....we live in an instant gratification society where no one has patience for anything any more.

It has ruined football to be honest. The bigger a business, corporation etc gets it becomes purely money focused and leads to dumb decisions. They have caved in to the instant gratification society because they want instant money.

Edited by Macintez

• 2 weeks later...
16 minutes ago, MilleniumFalcon said:

Davidson got all the physical tools and talks a big game but isn't delivering. If he doesn't shape it up this offseason he's probably gonna be a bust.

Just hope it wasn’t another TD trench/pass rusher mishap. The history and numbers indicate it’s very likely