13 hours ago, Lornoth said:

You're looking at the result without looking at how the plays actually happened. Payton has never asked Brees to take 7-9 step drops all game while the other teams blitzes him to death. He's also never seen that the other team is being 'Aggressive' and decided that long developing routes with difficult catch points is the path forward. That's the complete opposite of what Brees does and how that offense is built.

We didn't lose the LOS today. If we had short passes and YAC-routes called today we would have been fine on offense. 

You could be correct. I only saw a few drives on Redzone, and Ryan was not able to set his feet on any of the pass plays they showed...it really didn't matter how deep he dropped. However, as I said. I have only seen a small sample of plays so far. I saw 3 Saints in the top 5 in the NFL in sacks on Monday and didn't do any deeper analysis. I will watch the game later today. 

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

He can watch 47 hours of tape but if he takes the same playcalling to every single game, why bother watching tape in the first place?

Posted Images

13 hours ago, FalconsIn2012 said:

That was atrocious playcalling.  Come on, now.  You can’t watch that game and think Dirk was anything but awful.

If the OL is losing the LOS, adjust the gameplan.  It’s that simple.  But Dirk never changes.  Doesn’t believe in analytics.  He believes in himself.  “Trusts his eyes” cause he “watches tape.”

I actually don't have the ability to legally watch the games on Sunday. All I know are the stats that rolled across the screen while watching Redzone all afternoon and they plays they showed there. I didn't see any type of pass where Ryan was able to set his feet at the end of the drop. The drives they showed were all plays that were blown up from the start. 

That said, I'll stick by my guns on this one. The takes on TAFT yesterday afternoon were overreactions. I think its more about realizing its finally over for this season than the actual analysis being shared. The Saints being involved only added fuel to the fire. If you look at last years game against the Saints that we won, you won't see many differences in the game plan on offense. You will see better control of the LOS. 

1 hour ago, falcndave said:

I actually don't have the ability to legally watch the games on Sunday. All I know are the stats that rolled across the screen while watching Redzone all afternoon and they plays they showed there. I didn't see any type of pass where Ryan was able to set his feet at the end of the drop. The drives they showed were all plays that were blown up from the start. 

That said, I'll stick by my guns on this one. The takes on TAFT yesterday afternoon were overreactions. I think its more about realizing its finally over for this season than the actual analysis being shared. The Saints being involved only added fuel to the fire. If you look at last years game against the Saints that we won, you won't see many differences in the game plan on offense. You will see better control of the LOS. 

And what is funny.

All of the numbskulls going "and he  had 2 weeks to prepare'

The game we won where we held the saints to 9 points.......came after the Saints bye.

11 hours ago, Ezekiel 25:17 said:

TBF, the group that sucked the most was leftover from the last guy. 

I figured the defense would be playing the guessing game all day and that Hill would “make a play or two here and there” just because.

Just for some crazy reason thought our coaches would try to help and make adjustments. Dumb for me thinking that. :doh:

We need to get rid of any coach previously associated with the Falcons under Smitty or Quinn. A complete fresh start is needed.

22 minutes ago, AUTiger7222 said:

We need to get rid of any coach previously associated with the Falcons under Smitty or Quinn. A complete fresh start is needed.

At this point, that is likely the direction we go. 

And I kinda hope we don’t pick another “nice guy” coach that is easily controlled by Blank.

3 minutes ago, Ezekiel 25:17 said:

😆 you funny!! 

I've said several times that Michigan doesn't mean squat to me because coaching in the NFL and college are two dramatically different things and Harbraugh is a proven NFL winner. He'll win instantly here. We have a 3/4 year window left with Ryan/Julio and company and that's all we need from Harbaugh. He also won't take any crap from Blank.

8 hours ago, falcndave said:

You could be correct. I only saw a few drives on Redzone, and Ryan was not able to set his feet on any of the pass plays they showed...it really didn't matter how deep he dropped. However, as I said. I have only seen a small sample of plays so far. I saw 3 Saints in the top 5 in the NFL in sacks on Monday and didn't do any deeper analysis. I will watch the game later today. 

Some of that was because by the second half the Saints realized they could just blitz and we weren't designing any fast throws to make them pay for it. I'm not saying our oline is perfect, but they weren't the reason for our failure today.

15 hours ago, egoprime II said:

I've seen NFL coaches accept being fired for -not- releasing thier coaching hires.   Quinn fired coaches so often, he earned the name "Turnstyle".

This team was quickly becoming the place assistant coaches came to see thier careers die.   Kind of the Cleveland Browns of the NFC.

Ouch!

13 hours ago, Intellectually Honest said:

True, but he can't get a new team during that time either. He can't play for them as well. Are we going to continue to deny the elephant in the room? This team is not as talented as you guys imagine.

I think talent wise we have some talent, but it's very top heavy. In terms of having a well-rounded roster, we are not in a good place.