• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

He can watch 47 hours of tape but if he takes the same playcalling to every single game, why bother watching tape in the first place?

Posted Images

9 minutes ago, Lornoth said:

I don't think I would know whether he did or not. Every game is the same plan with Koetter, it doesn't matter who we're playing and it doesn't matter how the game is going in the middle of it. No adjustments are ever made before, during, or after the games.

Koetter follows the "round peg into a square hole" philosophy. The least adaptable coach in the league.

13 minutes ago, marvinthemartian said:

I never thought I would say this but I kinda miss Sark. I was wrong about him. But I’m right about Dirk

Sark never beat any good NFL teams and now he has so much talent under him that people think he's some sort of genius for running it up on South Midwestern East Nebraska Community College For The One-Armed Blind.

18 minutes ago, marvinthemartian said:

I never thought I would say this but I kinda miss Sark. I was wrong about him. But I’m right about Dirk

Yeah Sark got scapegoated a bit - not sure how much better he would be than DK, but if Dirk deserved a 2nd chance, he should have at least got a 2nd season. DQ hired his chum from Seattle and then let him take the fall for his own incompetence.

Amusing takes across the board today. Its the OC. Its the QB. Notice that no one questions Brees or SP when the Falcons sacked Brees 8 times last year on their way to a 26-9 victory. If you lose the LOS, it doesn't matter how brilliant you are as a coordinator or who your QB is. 

Just now, falcndave said:

Amusing takes across the board today. Its the OC. Its the QB. Notice that no one questions Brees or SP when the Falcons sacked Brees 8 times last year on their way to a 26-9 victory. If you lose the LOS, it doesn't matter how brilliant you are as a coordinator or who your QB is. 

Please don't bring rational thought into this message board.

7 hours ago, marvinthemartian said:

😲 I thought I would ever agree about this either!

In a totally unrelated story, the Year Quinn decided to blame and fire ALL of his Coordinators and fire them is when I knew he was done winning here.

Which is my biggest reason why they should have moved on from him at the end of last year.

10 minutes ago, falcndave said:

Like I have been saying, this was a full team effort to suck today. 

8 minutes ago, falcndave said:

You're looking at the result without looking at how the plays actually happened. Payton has never asked Brees to take 7-9 step drops all game while the other teams blitzes him to death. He's also never seen that the other team is being 'Aggressive' and decided that long developing routes with difficult catch points is the path forward. That's the complete opposite of what Brees does and how that offense is built.

We didn't lose the LOS today. If we had short passes and YAC-routes called today we would have been fine on offense. 

Just now, Lornoth said:

How many times did Matt drop deep, go through 3 or more reads, and then get sacked? That's not losing the LOS. 

The Saints steamrolled the Falcons every snap. 

I'm not saying Matt Ryan isn't to blame for a lot of the sacks, but the saints were in his face draped all over him literally every snap. At least that's how it looked to me.

2 minutes ago, octoslash said:

The Saints steamrolled the Falcons every snap. 

I'm not saying Matt Ryan isn't to blame for a lot of the sacks, but the saints were in his face draped all over him literally every snap. At least that's how it looked to me.

They were, but not before he had time to take a deep drop, step up in the pocket, go through all his reads, and realize that he still didn't have anybody open. I'm not blaming Ryan; it was Koetter that never gave him anybody to throw to. You can't expect your OLine to block for that long. It was coverage sacks all the first half. Then they started blitzing every snap and Koetter still had our guys running slow developing routes. Neither are the OLine's fault.

44 minutes ago, octoslash said:

Sark never beat any good NFL teams and now he has so much talent under him that people think he's some sort of genius for running it up on South Midwestern East Nebraska Community College For The One-Armed Blind.

I mean, we won a playoff game with Sark