Truthfully, did we even have an Offensive game plan today? If so, what was it?

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Here's the entirety of Koetter's game plan every week. 1.) Go deep 2.)Run into the pile I just came to realize today that those rare occasions when he does something else it is cause this

If Morris wants to keep his job Dirk needs to be gone tomorrow

Our entire offensive approach today looked like we had wasted the entire bye week and rather than planning a cohesive game plan we just decided to randomly pick a bunch of plays, throw them against th

Though I was never on the "Koetter is garbage" train, it's obvious that he can be upgraded.  And in a business of millions of dollars and bottom line results, if something needs upgrading, you do it...

We saw something different from the players once Quinn was fired, and that's what I wanted...now I need the same with the offense...before I make wholesale changes to the offense, I want to see what we've got with an OC that can scheme a game around the Offense's strengths AND the opposing defense's weaknesses.  I'm coining a phrase:

Offensive storytelling

I don't want to see the same story every week...I want an OC that schemes every game differently, one who watches film and crafts an individual offensive gameplan around opposing defenses...I don't care if it's attacking a certain player, or a certain down tendency...maybe both...maybe there's a certain player on the opposing team that tends to bite on a double move on third downs...exploit that.  Tell me a story with your offense...like Payton, Gruden, McVay, dare I say Shanahan...what story is the offense telling???

Enter Mike LeFleur, Passing Game Coordinator for Shan's 9ers...That's a guy I feel is ready to start telling a story with our offense...

10 hours ago, SaintRay said:

I think you guys need to acknowledge the Saints have a Top 3-4 Defense and it showed today. 53 games and haven’t given up a 100 yard rusher. LB’s who fly to the ball. Pro bowlers at all 3 levels on defense.

Whilst you are not wrong, every team in the NFL has short passing options for quick gains... DK doesn't.

Its no wonder our redzone passing offense is awful because DK has no clue how to call short pass plays.

12 hours ago, marvinthemartian said:

Our entire offensive approach today looked like we had wasted the entire bye week and rather than planning a cohesive game plan we just decided to randomly pick a bunch of plays, throw them against the wall and see what stuck. What has Dirk been doing the last two weeks????? It certainly wasn’t game planning for this game. 

Nice post hoc reasoning.

7 hours ago, Falconcheff said:

Though I was never on the "Koetter is garbage" train, it's obvious that he can be upgraded.  And in a business of millions of dollars and bottom line results, if something needs upgrading, you do it...

We saw something different from the players once Quinn was fired, and that's what I wanted...now I need the same with the offense...before I make wholesale changes to the offense, I want to see what we've got with an OC that can scheme a game around the Offense's strengths AND the opposing defense's weaknesses.  I'm coining a phrase:

Offensive storytelling

I don't want to see the same story every week...I want an OC that schemes every game differently, one who watches film and crafts an individual offensive gameplan around opposing defenses...I don't care if it's attacking a certain player, or a certain down tendency...maybe both...maybe there's a certain player on the opposing team that tends to bite on a double move on third downs...exploit that.  Tell me a story with your offense...like Payton, Gruden, McVay, dare I say Shanahan...what story is the offense telling???

Enter Mike LeFleur, Passing Game Coordinator for Shan's 9ers...That's a guy I feel is ready to start telling a story with our offense...

Good post. My issue with Koetter is that this is a consistent issue for him. Every team has their bad days, but too often teams are able to shut us down and we have no answer. I miss the days of having Shannahan and how multiple we were. I still remember the Denver game where they were loaded on defense with a great secondary. We decided the best way to attack them is by using Coleman's speed who had a big game. 

With Koetter, we have one way to beat teams and that is through the air to our wide receivers. He has struggled to incorporate our tight ends and running backs into the game. We have a non-existant running game because he keeps trying to make us a power blocking team. The Saints just showed the blue print on how to beat us on offense. Stack the line of scrimmage and bully our wide receivers at the line of scrimmage.

4 hours ago, Jpg428gggg said:

Good post. My issue with Koetter is that this is a consistent issue for him. Every team has their bad days, but too often teams are able to shut us down and we have no answer. I miss the days of having Shannahan and how multiple we were. I still remember the Denver game where they were loaded on defense with a great secondary. We decided the best way to attack them is by using Coleman's speed who had a big game. 

With Koetter, we have one way to beat teams and that is through the air to our wide receivers. He has struggled to incorporate our tight ends and running backs into the game. We have a non-existant running game because he keeps trying to make us a power blocking team. The Saints just showed the blue print on how to beat us on offense. Stack the line of scrimmage and bully our wide receivers at the line of scrimmage.

Hurst was the third leading TE going into yesterday and Gurley was top 5 rushing and top 3 rushing TD's.

There is no blue print....we just had a bad game. The line struggled, Ryan struggled...the receivers struggled it was a struggle all of the way around but we still had chances that we just simply missed.

Teams have done exactly what the saints did yesterday and have failed.

Chicago did the same thing and we're 2 missed kicks away from dropping 30 on them and despite the criticisms of the play calling late we still had open receivers that Matt just missed.

Vikings tried some of it and got torched.

People need to stop making more of a game then what it is .

51 minutes ago, falconsd56 said:

Hurst was the third leading TE going into yesterday and Gurley was top 5 rushing and top 3 rushing TD's.

There is no blue print....we just had a bad game. The line struggled, Ryan struggled...the receivers struggled it was a struggle all of the way around but we still had chances that we just simply missed.

Teams have done exactly what the saints did yesterday and have failed.

Chicago did the same thing and we're 2 missed kicks away from dropping 30 on them and despite the criticisms of the play calling late we still had open receivers that Matt just missed.

Vikings tried some of it and got torched.

People need to stop making more of a game then what it is .

Gurley is averaging 3.7 YPC which is 43 out of 47 running backs. He has that many yards due to the number of the carries he has had not because of how good our run game is. Our run game is awful and that is an understatement. When you look at Hurst based on efficiency, he ranks 17th in the league. He has a lot of yards but its not due to how effective he has been. It's similar to Gurley where he has had a lot of chances. 

There is no understating how bad that game was. Our rival just beat us down playing a tight end at QB. The score actually makes the game look closer than it was. That was 4 quarters of them beating our *** and our coaches not having an idea of what to do.

Just now, Jpg428gggg said:

Gurley is averaging 3.7 YPC which is 43 out of 47 running backs. He has that many yards due to the number of the carries he has had not because of how good our run game is. Our run game is awful and that is an understatement. When you look at Hurst based on efficiency, he ranks 17th in the league. He has a lot of yards but its not due to how effective he has been. It's similar to Gurley where he has had a lot of chances. 

There is no understating how bad that game was. Our rival just beat us down playing a tight end at QB. The score actually makes the game look closer than it was. That was 4 quarters of them beating our *** and our coaches not having an idea of what to do.

So you are saying Hurst gets alot of yards..... because alot of chances.

Yet he is not being utilized?

Yeah...tells me all that I need to know.