Jump to content

Truthfully, did we even have an Offensive game plan today? If so, what was it?


Recommended Posts

  • Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Here's the entirety of Koetter's game plan every week. 1.) Go deep 2.)Run into the pile I just came to realize today that those rare occasions when he does something else it is cause this

If Morris wants to keep his job Dirk needs to be gone tomorrow

Our entire offensive approach today looked like we had wasted the entire bye week and rather than planning a cohesive game plan we just decided to randomly pick a bunch of plays, throw them against th

This is cute because Koetter does not believe in analytics.  This is a quote from Koetter on analytics:

“offensive coordinator Dirk Koetter was asked today if he uses statistical research to prepare the plays he calls. Koetter took umbrage with the question.

“No. I trust my eyes,” Koetter said. “I trust my eyes, OK? I watch the tape. I watch a lot of tape and I trust what my eyes tell me. So I don’t need a freaking piece of paper with a bunch of numbers on there to tell me something my eyes can see. I mean, not to get pissed off, but that whole thing of looking at a piece of paper and telling you how to call a football game is a freaking joke in my opinion. That’s why I watch tape. Half the stuff on that paper, you can sort those stats out any way you want to. But I’m sticking by eyes. It’s worked OK for me so far.”

 

 

 

Falcons interim coach Raheem Morris was asked if the offensive line was overmatched, over-powered or out of sync?

“It was a combination of those guys covering us really well,” Morris said. “Not being able to hold up as long as some of those pass plays may have taken.

Obviously, we’ll be able to go back and see what the analytics say on how long the pass goes, the progressions, who got covered and who did what as far as the progressions. We don’t want to just (place) blame on the (offensive) line all the way. A lot of those were combinations of coverage and rush.”

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Ezekiel 25:17 said:

Just make sure you oil properly. Those things can chafe awfully bad if you don’t! :rolleyes:

Yeah I have found that to be true also. I usually just use the lube I have from getting royally screwed as a Falcons fan all these years. If you’ve never tried it, you should. It seems to work and it is readily available in large supplies. I get mine in bulk lol

Link to post
Share on other sites

Koetter was the OC here in 2013 and 2014 which were 2 of the most pathetically predictable offenses to the point defenses claimed they knew new what plays were coming.    BTW, the team went 4-12 and 6-10.   Why anybody thought it'd be any different this time around is mind boggling.  

 

Edited by The original Falcon Bill
Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, FalconsIn2012 said:

This is cute because Koetter does not believe in analytics.  This is a quote from Koetter on analytics:

“offensive coordinator Dirk Koetter was asked today if he uses statistical research to prepare the plays he calls. Koetter took umbrage with the question.

“No. I trust my eyes,” Koetter said. “I trust my eyes, OK? I watch the tape. I watch a lot of tape and I trust what my eyes tell me. So I don’t need a freaking piece of paper with a bunch of numbers on there to tell me something my eyes can see. I mean, not to get pissed off, but that whole thing of looking at a piece of paper and telling you how to call a football game is a freaking joke in my opinion. That’s why I watch tape. Half the stuff on that paper, you can sort those stats out any way you want to. But I’m sticking by eyes. It’s worked OK for me so far.”

 

 

 

Falcons interim coach Raheem Morris was asked if the offensive line was overmatched, over-powered or out of sync?

“It was a combination of those guys covering us really well,” Morris said. “Not being able to hold up as long as some of those pass plays may have taken.

Obviously, we’ll be able to go back and see what the analytics say on how long the pass goes, the progressions, who got covered and who did what as far as the progressions. We don’t want to just (place) blame on the (offensive) line all the way. A lot of those were combinations of coverage and rush.”

I wonder what his eyes told him about a game where his offense scored zero points?  I wonder if his eyes saw this is the second Saints game in a row where his offense allowed 8+ sacks?

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, marvinthemartian said:

Yeah I have found that to be true also. I usually just use the lube I have from getting royally screwed as a Falcons fan all these years. If you’ve never tried it, you should. It seems to work and it is readily available in large supplies. I get mine in bulk lol

I think I may need that bulk order myself as I am a full on Atlanta Sports fan. (It’s cheaper to get my torture this way and keeps the wife calm than to hire someone to beat me senseless) 

Link to post
Share on other sites

The game plan was effective for the offense: Don't do anything planning wise during the week and just chat on Zoom, show up long enough to get the game check on Sunday and avoid injury, hope you don't test positive for Covid over the next 24 hours and look at money in the bank on Tuesday as the seasons gets closer and closer to being called off. 

With the season likely heading for a stoppage or cancellation with these rises in cases/some states shutting down public events I can't say I will blame these guys that are not playing hard on losing teams at this point to avoid injury. With half the league under .500 at what point do guys stop risking their health to show up?

Throw away NFL season done for the TV contract money...

Edited by mjqvi
Link to post
Share on other sites
31 minutes ago, Ezekiel 25:17 said:

I think I may need that bulk order myself as I am a full on Atlanta Sports fan. (It’s cheaper to get my torture this way and keeps the wife calm than to hire someone to beat me senseless) 

Yeah although my wife might agree in theory to me being beaten senseless, I have found that when I seriously suggest bringing in another woman to actually do it she changes her tune lol

Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, SaintRay said:

I think you guys need to acknowledge the Saints have a Top 3-4 Defense and it showed today. 53 games and haven’t given up a 100 yard rusher. LB’s who fly to the ball. Pro bowlers at all 3 levels on defense.

That’s funny. We haven’t had a rusher run the ball for 100 yards in about 53 games as well lol. You guys do have a really good D

Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, marvinthemartian said:

That’s funny. We haven’t had a rusher run the ball for 100 yards in about 53 games as well lol. You guys do have a really good D

Yeah, pretty sure I heard the commentators laugh after they noted the Saints' rush defense rank and say, "Not that it'll matter with how often the Falcons run the ball." Weird how they seemed to know what was coming but DK doesn't.

Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, marvinthemartian said:

Yeah although my wife might agree in theory to me being beaten senseless, I have found that when I seriously suggest bringing in another woman to actually do it she changes her tune lol

Nah, I need to get back in shape before I say something like that. I need to be able to run fast like I use to if i do! :lol:

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...