This is why you need a mobile QB!

1 hour ago, D.B.N. said:

A mobile QB can at least escape pressure or extend the play. Didn’t know I had to break it down Barney style for you 

Koetter is a crap playcaller but it's frustrating to see Matt Ryan not be able to do anything and play scared (falling to the ground) with pressure. You see QB's like Mahomes, Rodgers, Wilson who escape pressure all the time in those same situations and make big plays. That's why I would love to have someone like a Trevor Lawrence.

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Makes me wonder if we’re the only fan base that expects our QB to magically overcome bad coaching? It doesn’t matter who is back there when your OC is Dirk “Pre-snap motion is overrated” Koetter 

Yep, a mobile QB to get his *** kicked every game, since the receivers are never open, and he's running every play. He'd be on IR by week 2 if every game was like this

What pocket?

1 hour ago, A Dog Named Brian said:

Makes me wonder if we’re the only fan base that expects our QB to magically overcome bad coaching? 

Judging from the title of this thread, that would be a yes. 

Sure Matt had a bad game today, but who could Anyone honestly said DID have a good game?

I’ll sit here Barney style and wait for them to answer. 

14 minutes ago, Ezekiel 25:17 said:

Judging from the title of this thread, that would be a yes. 

Sure Matt had a bad game today, but who could Anyone honestly said DID have a good game?

I’ll sit here Barney style and wait for them to answer. 

A QB who can escape pressure and extend plays would have given us a better chance than a statue back there. There’s your Barney style explanation 

7 minutes ago, D.B.N. said:

A QB who can escape pressure and extend plays would have given us a better chance than a statue back there. There’s your Barney style explanation 

or NO would've adjusted their defense and line scheme to compensate for a running qb and DK still wouldn't have been able to scheme recievers open.

26 minutes ago, JohnnyFranchise said:

but he's a "dual threat" qb, he would've just run for 350 yards and 4 tds today. don't you know, that's the way the nfl is trending these days.

Yeah, that one guy would have made up for the bad blocking, play calling and route running by just simply running around long enough for our team figure it out. Oh and because he can run around that would automatically make him a great decision maker and accurate.

I’m sure the other team wouldn’t have adjusted for that any point like we don’t. :rolleyes:

4 minutes ago, wnyfalconfan said:

If you need a mobile QB to win then explain how the Steelers are 10-0 with Ben Roethlisberger. He's a statue in the pocket. So how did they do it

Like I said earlier, did Matt suck today? Yes. 

Was he alone in suckiness??? He!! Nah! Today was as complete a team loss as you could have. NO ONE deserved to win today, including the ball boys and trainers! 

And just simply having a mobile QB today would not have fixed that. 

2 hours ago, D.B.N. said:

Matty Melt sacked 8 times and 2 picks.  But it isn’t his fault, nothing is ever Ryan’s fault /s 

It must be the defense's fault for allowing 24 points. Must be the Oline's and WR's fault for not getting open and buying time. Must be the Rb's fault for not blocking, running and catching well enough. Matt Ryan is the greatest Falcon QB ever . . . . We need new coaching . . .  You aren't a real fan! . . . . It's your fault we lost. You didn't cheer loud enough!

1 minute ago, Intellectually Honest said:

It must be the defense's fault for allowing 24 points. Must be the Oline's and WR's fault for not getting open and buying time. Must be the Rb's fault for not blocking, running and catching well enough. Matt Ryan is the greatest Falcon QB ever . . . . We need new coaching . . .  You aren't a real fan! . . . . It's your fault we lost. You didn't cheer loud enough!

I should’ve known better, Matt’s untouchable round these parts lol 

4 hours ago, A Dog Named Brian said:

Makes me wonder if we’re the only fan base that expects our QB to magically overcome bad coaching? It doesn’t matter who is back there when your OC is Dirk “Pre-snap motion is overrated” Koetter 

It's called not understanding the game of football. It's like an arcade game to some of these fans...

3 hours ago, octoslash said:

Eight sacks. 

Some were Ryan's fault but the rest of the offense was horrible today and any qb in the league would've had a bad game in NO today.

That's a fact, not an excuse.

When the ENTIRE offense isn't good...you should look at the play calling and the coordinators. The receivers couldn't get open to save their lives today. Every single play, the Saints took away Ryan's 1st and 2nd reads. Ryan didn't suddenly lose his ability to read a defense. His reads weren't there, and he was sacked several times as a result. That's called poor play design. 

3 hours ago, JohnnyFranchise said:

but he's a "dual threat" qb, he would've just run for 350 yards and 4 tds today. don't you know, that's the way the nfl is trending these days.

Between Koetter’s coloring book of a game plan and the OL deciding to take the day off, the only difference a “dual threat” QB would have made today is adding 2 fumbles to the 2 INTs

The two most over rated traits for a QB is mobility and arm strength.  You need to meet the basic threshold in both and you are good.  Can you step up in the pocket or move around in it to avoid pressure?  Ryan can.  Can you make throws outside the hashes and 20+ yards down field?  Ryan can. Is he the best scrambler?  No.  Is he the best deep ball thrower?  Nope.  He wasn’t in 16 either.

Super Bowl Winning QBs this Century

2019: Mahomes
2018: Brady
2017: Foles
2016: Brady
2015: Peyton Manning
2014: Brady
2013: Wilson
2012: Flacco
2011: Eli Manning
2010: Rodgers
2009: Drew Brees
2008: Big Ben
2007: Eli Manning
2006: Peyton Manning
2005: Big Ben
2004: Brady
2003: Brady
2002: Brad Johnson
2001: Brady
2000: Trent Dilfer

Very few mobile guys, very few guys with cannons for an arm.  But yes, Ryan’s lack of mobility is why the Falcons can’t win games.../p