Matt Ryan-Rich McKay Apologists UNITED!!!

Saints fan here so don’t kill me. What happens isn’t all on Ryan. He’s honestly one of the better QBs in the league. Give him time with your WR corps and he can destroy any defense. The problem you guys have is a three level problem. First, whoever picks your talent is terrible. Yeah you have great skill pieces, some of the best in the game, but the talent on your offensive line is not great, nor is it complimentary. They pick pieces, not look at how a piece fits into the blocking style of the unit. Huge mistake. Next, I dunno who your OLine coach is, but he needs to be unemployed. Lastly, DK’s offense is a piece of garbage. He has huge speed at WR, so he runs 4 verts all the time. Long developing routes to take advantage of the speed. Yet, he doesn’t build in any sort of efficient short game at all.  Hate on Payton all you want, but there is always an outlet for Brees to get at least a couple of yards, plus it ties up a defender. I dunno how many games I’ve watched where Ryan is either getting murdered or is scrambling all over trying to buy time for those routes to develop. 

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

A perfect match. Overpriced quarterback standing in front of the logo of a overpriced car brand. Expensive to maintain and everything has to be perfect for it to work...

Anyone who thinks the biggest problem today was players and talent and "execution" just doesn't understand football, outside of the bare basics

You’ve described about 97% of the posters on this board 

Posted Images

20 hours ago, insight said:

Ryan is NOT THE REASON but his poor performance along with many others in the 2nd half contributed to the loss. They choked and it wasn't an anomaly did you watch  2012 NFC championship game where the falcons did not score in the SECOND Half. Sound familiar.  

I tabled every single play from that second half to look at where things went wrong.  Ryan was 10/14 for 169 yards, 71% completion, 1 passing TD, and 12.07 yards per attempt.  IN THE SECOND HALF!

After the TD, our passing game got us in FG range twice out of the next 4 drives without any help from the running game.  Both times were negated by penalties and the sack/strip/fumble.  If either of those times are converted, there is no OT and we win the SB.

Freeman and Coleman had a combined 8 carries for 17 yards in the second half.  You read that correctly.  2.1 ypc while trying to protect a 28-3 lead.  

We had 5 total drives in the second half because of NE having such long TD drives, and we should have scored on 3 of them.  NE scored TD's on 4 consecutive drives and got the ball first in OT to win it.

Ryan was exceptional in the 2nd half of the Super Bowl.  0 running game.  0 defense.  Missed blocking assignments and penalties destroyed our other scoring opportunities.  I refuse to watch the game again, but it's absurd thinking that Ryan did not play well in the second half.  The rest of the team let him and Julio down that day.

On 11/23/2020 at 5:43 AM, Knight of God said:

That was playcalling 

Dirk Koetter's play-calling was stale, predictable, awful
Koetter has never been a fan favorite, but he hasn't been the biggest issue this season. On Sunday, though, the offense was far and away the biggest  problem. The play calls were questionable, the route concepts made little sense at times, and the offense simply couldn't adapt to the Saints' pass rush. Julio Jones or not, there is enough talent to score more than nine points against New Orleans.
47 minutes ago, pzummo said:

I tabled every single play from that second half to look at where things went wrong.  Ryan was 10/14 for 169 yards, 71% completion, 1 passing TD, and 12.07 yards per attempt.  IN THE SECOND HALF!

After the TD, our passing game got us in FG range twice out of the next 4 drives without any help from the running game.  Both times were negated by penalties and the sack/strip/fumble.  If either of those times are converted, there is no OT and we win the SB.

Freeman and Coleman had a combined 8 carries for 17 yards in the second half.  You read that correctly.  2.1 ypc while trying to protect a 28-3 lead.  

We had 5 total drives in the second half because of NE having such long TD drives, and we should have scored on 3 of them.  NE scored TD's on 4 consecutive drives and got the ball first in OT to win it.

Ryan was exceptional in the 2nd half of the Super Bowl.  0 running game.  0 defense.  Missed blocking assignments and penalties destroyed our other scoring opportunities.  I refuse to watch the game again, but it's absurd thinking that Ryan did not play well in the second half.  The rest of the team let him and Julio down that day.

:munch:

2 hours ago, 1989Fan said:

:munch:

Not one person is responsible for the superbowl  loss or any loss  but absolving Matt Ryan of  blame is ridiculous.  I don't get it, Matt Ryan was holding the ball too long against the saints and took unnecessary sacks.  Were there plays  that took too long to develop YES  Did the offensive line make too many mistakes YES but Ryan played poorly as well.  Matt Ryan, held the ball too long and froze up Shanahan's offense you don't have to rewatch the whole game to see this.  Just watch the sacks, it the same thing we witnessed on Sunday against the saints.