Matt Ryan-Rich McKay Apologists UNITED!!!

1 hour ago, E. T. said:

The case for Matt Ryan, good or bad has its merit. I'm on the fence with this guy. He's been the face of the franchise since day 1 and this organization has done everything possible to help him succeed. What else in this ever loving world can be done to help him succeed? Resources and time are running thin.

Having more than 1 serviceable defense in his entire career and not having 14 different offensive coordinators might have helped.

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

A perfect match. Overpriced quarterback standing in front of the logo of a overpriced car brand. Expensive to maintain and everything has to be perfect for it to work...

Anyone who thinks the biggest problem today was players and talent and "execution" just doesn't understand football, outside of the bare basics

You’ve described about 97% of the posters on this board 

Posted Images

Just now, Spts1 said:

Ryan has had 3 coordinators.  Thats a low number for the amount of time he has been in the NFL...

the 14 wasn't literal. It feels like he's had a different coordinator every 2-3 years. I get DK's 2nd stint maybe doesn't count technically but going from him to Shanny and back again is still some adjusting. Shannahan, Mularkey and Koetter is all? I feel like there's another one in there for some reason, but that could just be my imagination.

6 minutes ago, Pacific_Falcon said:

the 14 wasn't literal. It feels like he's had a different coordinator every 2-3 years. I get DK's 2nd stint maybe doesn't count technically but going from him to Shanny and back again is still some adjusting. Shannahan, Mularkey and Koetter is all? I feel like there's another one in there for some reason, but that could just be my imagination.

Forgot Sark

4 OCs in all.

1 hour ago, defcon4 said:

This play is just one example where he had 5 seconds before getting sacked. Receivers are breaking out of their routes with separation and defenders trailing. They are open by any standard.
Ryan is suppose to be cerebral. He cant walk to the line and determine the defense he's facing? His best option for a completion? Come on! Anyone can play this lousy ..and do it for Waaay less money.

3rd and 11 or 12 on this play. Count with me. 1/1000..2/1000...3/1000..4/1000 he has almost 5 seconds.

you realize you're counting steamboats on a slow-motion replay, right?

no? ok, just checking.

3 hours ago, Romfal said:

yeah Matt has plenty of blame to go around but line got mauled today, playcalling sucked, Gage couldn't catch, Julio can't stay on the field, Hurst in invisible in big games and I'm not even going to get in to the run game

Agreed on all.  With Matt it’s always gonna be someone else who got us the win and he gets blamed for all the losses.  

1 hour ago, Spts1 said:

If you can't make the tight throws because of lack of arm strength, you are gonna hold the ball.  You are correct. The receivers are open initially and you have to put it ON them.  Ryan can't do that...

Or...you hold the ball because your first read isn't open...then your 2nd read isn't open...stop overthinking it. You don't have to like Ryan. But this isn't true at all 

Not his best game but I'd take my chances with him. They have other holes to fill besides QB. Too many bad picks have taken their toll on the Falcons.

Tua has already been benched. No guarantees in the NFL. Falcons never had a winner into Ryan came along. The Falcons could be on the QB carousel for many years or decades once he's gone.

2 hours ago, JohnnyFranchise said:

you realize you're counting steamboats on a slow-motion replay, right?

no? ok, just checking.

You can shave a second off the time, that doesn't change the fact the there were options on this play and options all day. Ryan froze up in the pocket.
I posted the video, you ignored the fact that he could have thrown the ball to any one of those receivers breaking out of their routes and didn't. Ridley had 2 steps on the DB running away.

sack Ryan 2.jpg

11 minutes ago, defcon4 said:

You can shave a second off the time, that doesn't change the fact the there were options on this play and options all day. Ryan froze up in the pocket.
I posted the video, you ignored the fact that he could have thrown the ball to any one of those receivers breaking out of their routes and didn't. Ridley had 2 steps on the DB running away.

sack Ryan 2.jpg

it's called read progressions dude, by the time he got to the left on his reads he got obliterated. but keep trying, you're doing great :lol:

Edited by JohnnyFranchise
24 minutes ago, JohnnyFranchise said:

it's called read progressions dude, by the time he got to the left on his reads he got obliterated. but keep trying, you're doing great :lol:

Yes, that's what Ryan is doing or attempting to do, he just can't pull the trigger. He looked like shat as always. You're an apologist and a really good one.😆

1 minute ago, defcon4 said:

Yes, that's what Ryan is doing or attempting to do, he just can't pull the trigger. He looked like shat as always. You're an apologist and a really good one.😆

no, i just have more experience in the game than just playing a lot of madden. but cute name-calling, i guess that's what some people resort to when they've got nothing else.

Ryan is and always has been a rhythm passer. He needs to get into the groove to be really effective.

Problem is: Saints know this - Koetter doesn't.

Saints disrupted any timing and rythm Matt had built and then he gets antsy in the pocket. Koetter keeps calling plays that have a minimal chance of succes against an aggressive defense and with a QB and offense that is not in rhythm. Outside of the first drive which was clealy scripted, he never got into a rhythm.  That's not going to cut it against good teams. 

14 hours ago, treboyplay said:

I listened to first 3 qtrs of the game on 92.9 and Arch blamed at least 4 sacks on Ryan. He said Matt was having a hard time diagnosing what the defense was doing and he seemed hesitant to let the ball go. 

And Arch was right on point. All three of Jordan's Sacks were Ryan's Fault. Matthews and Carpenter were as good as cheap paper plates. Couldn't hold anything.

3 hours ago, niels petersen said:

Ryan is and always has been a rhythm passer. He needs to get into the groove to be really effective.

Problem is: Saints know this - Koetter doesn't.

Saints disrupted any timing and rythm Matt had built and then he gets antsy in the pocket. Koetter keeps calling plays that have a minimal chance of succes against an aggressive defense and with a QB and offense that is not in rhythm. Outside of the first drive which was clealy scripted, he never got into a rhythm.  That's not going to cut it against good teams. 

Ryan is a one trick pony, if he is able to read defenses pre-snap, and hit his first or second read he is really good.  If teams are able to make him uncomfortable or confuse him pre-snap  he rarely is able to adjust and improvise.  He NEEDS  a dominant run game,  this team needs a  dominant run game to control time a possession,  take pressure off the defense and the passing game and make the offense less predictable. Dimi failed to effectively address the trenches and our star players can't shine without it.  The Falcons will continue to struggle until the line issues are corrected.   A prime example of this is the 2nd half of the Superbowl. 

Edited by insight
16 hours ago, I Even Bleed Red said:

It's not all his fault. He's been a good qb for a long time but it's clear his best days are behind him. 

Same for Julio, Mack, and Schaub. 

Hold on there.  I saw Schaub at Walmart a few days ago.  He was moving so fast across the parking lot I could not catch him.  OK, he was going downhill and the wheelchair did have a motor in it. Still, I could not catch him.  I was impressed.  I have never seen a wheel chair move that fast.

• Hurry_Up_And_Buy changed the title to Matt Ryan-Rich McKay Apologists UNITED!!!