Matt Ryan-Rich McKay Apologists UNITED!!!

19 minutes ago, jlrfalcon said:

This loss was part Matt Ryan's fault but it was not all his fault.

In fact, there is almost nobody you cannot say was not at some fault on the Falcons for this loss. 

About the only clear person who I would say does not deserve some blame for this loss is our K Koo who had 2 great 50+ FG's, 1 20+ FG, and acceptable kickoffs.

I'm going to keep repeating this until the offseason, but give the man his **** contract already. 

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

A perfect match. Overpriced quarterback standing in front of the logo of a overpriced car brand. Expensive to maintain and everything has to be perfect for it to work...

Anyone who thinks the biggest problem today was players and talent and "execution" just doesn't understand football, outside of the bare basics

You’ve described about 97% of the posters on this board 

Posted Images

5 minutes ago, Forever Julian said:

Or he could throw it away when we are in field goal range and not try to preserve a useless pass completion %

Easier said than done. Trying to read the defense and then deciding when to throw the ball and then actually being able is a difficult task, especially when the defense is whooping your teams *** on every level.

9 minutes ago, quickzero said:

Easier said than done. Trying to read the defense and then deciding when to throw the ball and then actually being able is a difficult task, especially when the defense is whooping your teams *** on every level.

And you also can’t just throw the ball away from anywhere. Not sure where Ryan was going to get out of the pocket though 

1 minute ago, tl;dr said:

And you also can’t just throw the ball away from anywhere. Not sure where Ryan was going to get out of the pocket though 

Exactly, part of being a good QB is knowing when to just go down as well. Running around just for the sake of it isn't going to save the offense from an a** whooping consistently. 

1 hour ago, Hurry_Up_And_Buy said:

EVERYONE SAY IT WITH ME: 

1... 2... 3... IT'S NOT HIS FAULT!!! 🤥

Screenshot_20201122-162152.jpg

So for all the countless times you’ve blamed MR, today you’re all creamy because finally you can wag ur finger at Ryan. 
I guess even a blind pig will eventually stumble upon an acorn.

So this brilliant revelation of yours does absolutely nothing to disprove that you’re still a clown.

Derp.

1 minute ago, HASHBROWN3 said:

So for all the countless times you’ve blamed MR, today you’re all creamy because finally you can wag ur finger at Ryan. 

So this brilliant revelation of yours does absolutely nothing to disprove that you’re still a clown.

Derp.

Hey man. If we draft Lawrence, Fields or King I will def buy you a beer! 🤥

Dirk Koetter was trash and the OL was not what you hoped it would be today. That's where the bulk of the blame goes.

My problem w/ Ryan was that he looked absolutely flabbergasted today. Looked more like a Rookie than a 13 year vet. Held onto the ball for way too long and made some terrible throws. Probably should have had 3 or 4 interceptions on the day.

16 minutes ago, HASHBROWN3 said:

Derp.

Guess it’s too much for you to wrap your small mind around that we you know, expect that $100mm “future HOF’r” to, you know, sometimes put the team on his back and you know, win the game for us - you know? Nah can’t be that, it’s always the OL, receivers, OC in the booth... always there fault. Never the golden boys’ fault. You know? 

1 hour ago, ROMERO said:

Once again the same people come out of their troll cave to crap on Ryan like they always do when he has a bad game. Yes he didnt look great and most of the sacks today were from him holding onto the ball too long but what can you do when o-line cant protect and WRS cant get open. Yes Ryan has blame is this game. BUT Im not putting the full game on him like you want to. Team looked horrible all game. 

This play is just one example where he had 5 seconds before getting sacked. Receivers are breaking out of their routes with separation and defenders trailing. They are open by any standard.
Ryan is suppose to be cerebral. He cant walk to the line and determine the defense he's facing? His best option for a completion? Come on! Anyone can play this lousy ..and do it for Waaay less money.

3rd and 11 or 12 on this play. Count with me. 1/1000..2/1000...3/1000..4/1000 he has almost 5 seconds.

4 minutes ago, defcon4 said:

This play is just one example where he had 5 seconds before getting sacked. Receivers are breaking out of their routes with separation and defenders trailing. They are open by any standard.
Ryan is suppose to be cerebral. He cant walk to the line and determine the defense he's facing? His best option for a completion? Come on! Anyone can play this lousy ..and do it for Waaay less money.

3rd and 11 or 12 on this play. Count with me. 1/1000..2/1000...3/1000..4/1000 he has almost 5 seconds.

Ryan has always been one to get rattled when things are bad, and things were pretty ******* bad today. Biggest problem is he often doesn't get over till next season when it's a season long issue

23 minutes ago, D.B.N. said:

Guess it’s too much for you to wrap your small mind around that we you know, expect that $100mm “future HOF’r” to, you know, sometimes put the team on his back and you know, win the game for us - you know? Nah can’t be that, it’s always the OL, receivers, OC in the booth... always there fault. Never the golden boys’ fault. You know? 

It all depends on the messenger & the track record from that messenger. You included.

The small mind part & the inability to see the past track record of unfair hatred & unfairness by he, you & others, belongs mostly to you guys.

Stop pretending you don’t know WTH I’m talking about.  I was as pissed as anyone at MR today.  You clowns, you know, have a real, you know... history, of this cheap hogwash.  
:rolleyes:

MR2 had a bad day. I’m afraid he is at the age where that’s going to happen more often. Matt doesn’t do well under the first year of a new OC. So we better get used to it. Father Time wins all battles in the end. I hope our next QB doesn’t have Matt’s weaknesses. I’d like smart, athletic, big, fast, strong arm and a quick release, great vision, and a refusal to lose. I want an inspiring leader that takes charge. When your idiot OC calls another run up the middle and the Taints have eight in the box, change the play!

1 hour ago, defcon4 said:

If you can't make the tight throws because of lack of arm strength, you are gonna hold the ball.  You are correct. The receivers are open initially and you have to put it ON them.  Ryan can't do that...

1 hour ago, Snafu said:

Dirk Koetter was trash and the OL was not what you hoped it would be today. That's where the bulk of the blame goes.

My problem w/ Ryan was that he looked absolutely flabbergasted today. Looked more like a Rookie than a 13 year vet. Held onto the ball for way too long and made some terrible throws. Probably should have had 3 or 4 interceptions on the day.

Yeah he got rattled and didn't get any help from anybody, so he was basically shook for more than half the game. Once I see his feet move that much pretty much right after he gets the snap I'm like well I guess I can turn this off now 😬

50 minutes ago, Dirtier Bird said:

MR2 had a bad day. I’m afraid he is at the age where that’s going to happen more often. Matt doesn’t do well under the first year of a new OC. So we better get used to it. Father Time wins all battles in the end. I hope our next QB doesn’t have Matt’s weaknesses. I’d like smart, athletic, big, fast, strong arm and a quick release, great vision, and a refusal to lose. I want an inspiring leader that takes charge. When your idiot OC calls another run up the middle and the Taints have eight in the box, change the play!

??

This is his 2nd stint with Koetter, and I don't think his age had anything to do with it. The whole team was simmering in a sh!tbird stew today, and he was no exception.

• Hurry_Up_And_Buy changed the title to Matt Ryan-Rich McKay Apologists UNITED!!!