How was the offensive play calling today?

How was the offensive play calling today?  

61 members have voted

1. 1. How bad was the offensive play calling

• This is the worst I have seen. Dirk Koetter should be fired Monday.
    • This was bad but I have seen worse.
    • The offensive play calling was good. It is the players.

12 minutes ago, cyofish said:

It is a combination of Koetter and Matt Ryan playing one of his worst games.  

Not really sure what you want Ryan to do. No WR's open all game, no running game, Oc making him hold the ball forever while he gets sacked what, 9 times? I mean, yeah Ryan's game was bad but I can't think of anything he specifically could have done to make it better.

Watching RedZone all afternoon, I know that they show the top 5 sack leaders on the day every 15 minutes or so and that the Saints had 3 of the top 5. Does it really matter what plays are being called? No one questioned SP last season when the Falcons sacked Brees 8 times and shut the Saints out of the end zone for they entire day to win 26-9. 

17 minutes ago, falcndave said:

Watching RedZone all afternoon, I know that they show the top 5 sack leaders on the day every 15 minutes or so and that the Saints had 3 of the top 5. Does it really matter what plays are being called? No one questioned SP last season when the Falcons sacked Brees 8 times and shut the Saints out of the end zone for they entire day to win 26-9. 

Pretty sure plenty of people questioned their offense that day. The difference is they had one bad game and we do this 16 times a year.

6 minutes ago, The original Falcon Bill said:

You guys realize this was his 2nd stint here as OC, right?   If you want to see some pathetic game plans, look at the Falcons offense in 2013 and 2014.   Koetter was the OC.  We never learn.   Wouldn't surprise me if we hired Jim Mora Jr. again.   

Jim Mora JR as head coach with Bobby Petrino as the OC.  I can see that happening.

49 people voted that our offensive play calling against the Saints was the worst they have seen.

7 people voted that it was bad and they have seen worse.

No one voted that the play calling was good.

Given some of the recent attempts to validate Dirk Koetter's gameplan and play calling, I am please to see that most fans are watching the same games I am watching.

On 11/22/2020 at 8:32 PM, The original Falcon Bill said:

You guys realize this was his 2nd stint here as OC, right?   If you want to see some pathetic game plans, look at the Falcons offense in 2013 and 2014.   Koetter was the OC.  We never learn.   Wouldn't surprise me if we hired Jim Mora Jr. again.   

We did rehire Jim Mora, he just changed his name to Dan Quinn