I see why Dimi was fired.

GleasonForever!

How many season did the Saints go 9-7 after a super bowl win and we can’t even field a complete team is mind boggling. 

how many times did we make fun of them for being in cap he** just for them to be ok in the end  

like look at the Saints Dline compared to ours. They have been picking further down the draft too the past couple of years.  They have size and toughness. Good moves in FA. THIS IS WHY DIMI BOY IS FIRED. 

CAM JORDAN HAS THREE SACKS! We can’t even find a Henderson Equivalent for the Falcons yet along a Cam Jordan. Oline is washed too.

23 minutes ago, hjerry said:

Yep, this game was all about lack of talent, not coaching /s

It actually looks that way on some ends. Hear me out. We passed up on several good FS, TJ Watt, and so many other obvious picks for us. Sure, others did too, but I'm talking about us. Then the OL is still trash. Players many that have an eye for football talent, worried wouldn't be the best for us at that moment. Now I get it, that Koetter sucks and did the defense no favors and Morris is killing it with castaways, but how much better would we be? We'll never know. Hopefully a better draft and FA will help, but who knows. Maybe we get the same type of guy.

1 minute ago, Knight of God said:

It actually looks that way on some ends. Hear me out. We passed up on several good FS, TJ Watt, and so many other obvious picks for us. Sure, others did too, but I'm talking about us. Then the OL is still trash. Players many that have an eye for football talent, worried wouldn't be the best for us at that moment. Now I get it, that Koetter sucks and did the defense no favors and Morris is killing it with castaways, but how much better would we be? We'll never know. Hopefully a better draft and FA will help, but who knows. Maybe we get the same type of guy.

Oh there's talent issues for sure, but the biggest problem today was how we used what we had.

How many times do we need to see the same things happen over and over?

There are 3 1st round picks on the oline.

Soo much invested in the offense and 9 points to show for it.

Ryan’s best days are behind him and I doubt the Falcons hire the next great offensive innovator.

Today showed it’s time to start thinking about life after Ryan because at best he stays the same... most likely it’s all downhill from here.

The Falcons have invested so much to help Ryan over the years... and here we are.

1 hour ago, hjerry said:

Oh there's talent issues for sure, but the biggest problem today was how we used what we had.

1 hour ago, Knight of God said:

Not talent decision issues.

Its why Quinn and TD are down the road.

1 hour ago, Knight of God said:

Yeah, our defense is trash because our players are mostly just plain bad. But our offense should not be bad with who we have. I fully believe our OLine is plenty good enough if we actually played them correctly. Constant 7 step drops, blanketed routes, and poor run scheming is killing them.

3 minutes ago, Lornoth said:

Yeah, our defense is trash because our players are mostly just plain bad. But our offense should not be bad with who we have. I fully believe our OLine is plenty good enough if we actually played them correctly. Constant 7 step drops, blanketed routes, and poor run scheming is killing them.

Fans are saying try something different. More quick throws, screens, anything but Koetter just keeps doing the same thing over and over. How is he still a coach in the NFL?

Just now, MilleniumFalcon said:

Fans are saying try something different. More quick throws, screens, anything but Koetter just keeps doing the same thing over and over. How is he still a coach in the NFL?

I've seen enough DK screens. lol

Problem is every play is either a WR screen or a 9 step bomb. Koetter doesn't adjust whatsoever during the game. It's terrible.

Just now, Lornoth said:

Problem is every play is either a WR screen or a 9 step bomb. Koetter doesn't adjust whatsoever during the game. It's terrible.

I mean, a RB screen to Hill or even some passing plays to the RB's.  You don't see any of that or variation of plays. Just run up the middle or seven step drop (that's like 80% of his playcalling).

It's a waste of time talking about who we could of had instead X.  We have enough talent on the team to compete with any team.   It's coaching, coaching coaching.  The game plan on both sides of the ball was pathetic.  

The offensive is predictable and unimaginative.  Running game has been non-existent and predictable.  Screens never work and often results in loss yardage.  We're not even selling it. The OL telegraphs a screen right when ball is snap enabling defense to react quickly.  Passing game is vanilla - no slants, flat routes, rub routes, swing passes etc. compensate for the pass rush.  

This was Hill's first start so it was obvious he was going to lock in on Thomas as his safety blanket.  Why didn't we shade the coverage to blanket him like they way our opponents defend Julio?     

25 minutes ago, Lornoth said:

Exactly.  Where are the RB screens?  What happened to this outside zone run game we heard about?  Why is Luke Stocker STILL running routes?  Why can’t we scheme anyone open?  Where is the misdirection?  Presnap motion?  Anything creative whatsoever?

2 hours ago, GleasonForever! said:

How many season did the Saints go 9-7 after a super bowl win and we can’t even field a complete team is mind boggling. 

how many times did we make fun of them for being in cap he** just for them to be ok in the end  

like look at the Saints Dline compared to ours. They have been picking further down the draft too the past couple of years.  They have size and toughness. Good moves in FA. THIS IS WHY DIMI BOY IS FIRED. 

CAM JORDAN HAS THREE SACKS! We can’t even find a Henderson Equivalent for the Falcons yet along a Cam Jordan. Oline is washed too.

The Saints went 7-9 in 3 straight seasons and 4 out of 5 at one point after their SB win.

50 minutes ago, kiwifalcon said:

Not talent decision issues.

Its why Quinn and TD are down the road.

Most definitely talent decision issues. Common sense tells you T.J. Watt is a dog and a playmaker but we trade up for a guy no one has ever heard of who played on one of the worst defenses in college football. Those are the types of moves that get you fired.

I remember me, @Knight of God and a few others were beating the drum hard for Watt and got told he was too small to play in the NFL and a long list of other excuses for why the Falcons shouldn't draft him. He's just one of many examples of passing on the clearly better player to reach for some "project" because of "reasons."

Then there's terrible trades like Jordan Richards. Just a long list of blunders.

Edited by AUTiger7222

6 minutes ago, Rings said:

Exactly.  Where are the RB screens?  What happened to this outside zone run game we heard about?  Why is Luke Stocker STILL running routes?  Why can’t we scheme anyone open?  Where is the misdirection?  Presnap motion?  Anything creative whatsoever?

Koetter has never done any of that. I think people were fooling themselves about the outside zone in particular this preseason.

1 hour ago, Sun Tzu 7 said:

How many times do we need to see the same things happen over and over?

There are 3 1st round picks on the oline.

Soo much invested in the offense and 9 points to show for it.

Ryan’s best days are behind him and I doubt the Falcons hire the next great offensive innovator.

Today showed it’s time to start thinking about life after Ryan because at best he stays the same... most likely it’s all downhill from here.

The Falcons have invested so much to help Ryan over the years... and here we are.

Ryan is an All-Pro and MVP QB who has carried this franchise on his shoulders except for one or two years when he had a decent team.  Did you not see him get sacked 8 times today, while a backup QB won the game for the Saints ?  Now stop all this childish nonsense about Ryan's best days being behind him , he is 5 years younger that several QBs who played today.  Just get the man a decent O Line , and stop whining about our franchise QB.  He is not through by a long shot. 

2 hours ago, hjerry said:

I'd love to see a coach that is so brilliant that he can make an OL of 5 traffic cones work. Our coaching is crap, but the OL got their *** handed to them with all the trimmings today. Also, Debo was absolute trash today, other than the OL he was the biggest eyesore. Ryan was his own worst enemy much of the time as well by holding onto the ball too long. Koetter is stubborn and predictable, but our OL was awful. When your kicker is your best player on game day, it's going to be a rough outing.