• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Lol you straight up contradicted your own argument in 3 sentences 

We need a new OC.

Matt Ryan looks like he always has against the saints, timid, holds on eternally to the football, and too scared to throw into tight windows. I get it that the routes ran by the wr are terrible, but y

Posted Images

16 hours ago, Osiruz said:

Matt Ryan looks like he always has against the saints, timid, holds on eternally to the football, and too scared to throw into tight windows. I get it that the routes ran by the wr are terrible, but you gotta take risks and stop playing wimpy cutesy teenage girl football. Gotta hit those WR in stide, and you gotta fit the ball into tight windows. 

Well you will get the heat. They will blame someone else for Ryan. I wonder how they will harmonize several rookies already out doing Matt Ryan. Will they claim the Chargers, and Bengals are better teams with better coaches as well? But hey, we can poke at them. :D

16 hours ago, Osiruz said:

Matt Ryan looks like he always has against the saints, timid, holds on eternally to the football, and too scared to throw into tight windows. I get it that the routes ran by the wr are terrible, but you gotta take risks and stop playing wimpy cutesy teenage girl football. Gotta hit those WR in stide, and you gotta fit the ball into tight windows. 

Also this is more evidence that Ryan needs things to be perfect to succeed. Someone commented that you made a contradiction. But you gave a caveat. 

20 minutes ago, Intellectually Honest said:

Sure if you have no idea what a contradiction is. And you don't. Seems that a bunch of the people on TAFT don't either.

17 minutes ago, Intellectually Honest said:

Well you will get the heat. They will blame someone else for Ryan. I wonder how they will harmonize several rookies already out doing Matt Ryan. Will they claim the Chargers, and Bengals are better teams with better coaches as well? But hey, we can poke at them. :D

The funny thing here is you’re trying to talk like you’re the smartest guy in the room...but both of these posts are laughably bad both logically and grammatically 

Just now, JD dirtybird21 said:

The funny thing here is you’re trying to talk like you’re the smartest guy in the room...but both of these posts are laughably bad both logically and grammatically 

If they are, I bet you can't point out the fallacies. Simply saying they are wrong is not "logic". So what is my fallacy and how did I make it? I'll wait. I predict by the end of the day, you still won't be able to.

5 minutes ago, Vandy said:

The first ‘intellectually honest’ thing you’ve posted in this thread.

What is your epistemology for "intellectual honesty"? Maybe you can google epistemology. You also might want to cover up. Your butthurt is showing.

Edited by Intellectually Honest
16 hours ago, Domed Outter said:

Get rid of Koetter.

Take a good look at those so-called routes these guys are running. They have a juke or two then fail to run to a spot that’s open. They don’t finish routes. There is no precision or sharpness in these routes that seek to  deceive the defender in order to get open. And to be truthful, Ryan is not able to read and find the open window in time to make the connection. The defender is on the receiver before the ball gets there. The best passing games have a system where the QB throws the ball right at the time a receiver makes a cut and he throws to that spot before he gets there. That never happens in this offense. Ryan waits to find a guy open and then throws and then it’s too late. Dan Marino in his day could do that. None better at threading a needle. Ryan can’t.

And all the arguments about Matt not having time? C’mon, it’s the NFL. The days of a seven step drop and a pocket of protection forming neatly around the QB are ancient history. Good NFL defenses are too complex and sophisticated now that you have about 3 seconds under intense pressure to release the ball, unless you have a QB that has escapability to buy time. Drew Brees is the best I’ve ever seen at doing that. Matt doesn’t. So he’s got three seconds with an inconsistent OL. So create open spots for him Mr. Koetter. What’s happening is Ryan has three seconds available and his receivers are running 5 second routes. Do the math.

On that subject, it seems there is never a safety dump underneath available to Ryan to bail to when he can’t find an open guy. The RB just takes the fake on the PA and stops. 

What I’m saying in all this is that it is a total system failure. All the moving parts are not working. The design and execution are flawed. 

Edited by Screaming Brave

I've supported Matt Ryan long enough. It's time to move on. Matt has seen his best days here and the Falcons need new energy at the QB position. Is the OL the cause? Some of the blame can be directed there but Matt holds on to the ball way too long and simply does not have the needed mobility to turn a bad play into a good play. He cannot extend plays or escape pressure. We somehow need to move on from Matt. Also need to let Julio go. He can't stay healthy.

As tough as it is to say it again, it's time for a rebuild. This team is going nowhere until it realizes the current group of players cannot get the job done. 

AB needs to stay out of the picture and let his GM and new coach run the show. Also get Rich Mckay as far away from the team as possible. Let the new GM call all the shots. 

If the organization continues with AB and McKay meddling in all the team decisions...then no new coach or GM will ever succeed here.

40 minutes ago, AvidFalconFan said:

I've supported Matt Ryan long enough. It's time to move on. Matt has seen his best days here and the Falcons need new energy at the QB position. Is the OL the cause? Some of the blame can be directed there but Matt holds on to the ball way too long and simply does not have the needed mobility to turn a bad play into a good play. He cannot extend plays or escape pressure. We somehow need to move on from Matt. Also need to let Julio go. He can't stay healthy.

As tough as it is to say it again, it's time for a rebuild. This team is going nowhere until it realizes the current group of players cannot get the job done. 

AB needs to stay out of the picture and let his GM and new coach run the show. Also get Rich Mckay as far away from the team as possible. Let the new GM call all the shots. 

If the organization continues with AB and McKay meddling in all the team decisions...then no new coach or GM will ever succeed here.

Some times it sucks when confronted with observation. Our fandom can get in the way of reality. The rebuild is going to be tough, especially with the cap issues. I think fans on all sides are seeing this. Whether we see Matt as a problem or not, we are stuck with him till the cap situation settles.

I never thought Ryan sucked. But I always doubted he could lead us to a SB. When he got us there years ago, I started reconsidering my position on him, but reality showed it's ugly head. I realized that Ryan, as good as he is, needs a perfect situation to even sniff a SB. Problem is, it will never be perfect.

I can't wait until Matt is actually gone and TATF realizes you can't just pull a Patrick Mahomee or Russell Wilson out of your butt every draft year.

Talking about the performance of other young QB's across the league, not one of them is operating behind this LOS, with no running game, without their #1 receiver, using Dirk Koetter's offense.

18 hours ago, Osiruz said:

Wow.  This EXACT same question was raised seven years ago on redditt...