Morris Impressing, New GM Candidate?-CBS Sports

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Don't know how I feel about Smith, but I still hate the fact that McKay is still making the decisions and trying to bring his old buddies in.

It looked exactly like DQ was still here today except I dont remember any clinically insane timeouts. The team was flat, the coaching was awful, the gameplan was invisible and the result was a go

Saw it was written by La Canfora and didn't waste my time. Just like anything with Ledbetter

Posted Images

1 minute ago, FalconJim said:

After the "shellacing" we got from the Aints today, La Canforeskin may want to rewrite this --- LOL! 
I truly don't think Morris is the answer to our HC job, and it may become a LOT clearer in a few more weeks of this TOUGH schedule! 

jmo...

I agree. At this rate, they may not win again. They looked awful

36 minutes ago, DirtyBird2 said:

Well, yeah. But pushes my thought on it even more. RM beat the bad teams, this back end of the schedule will be telling and it doesn't look good so far. They looked horrid today. Almost like DQ was back. 

Well it is the same staff. Just reverting to the mean. 

32 minutes ago, octoslash said:

It looked exactly like DQ was still here today except I dont remember any clinically insane timeouts.

The team was flat, the coaching was awful, the gameplan was invisible and the result was a god dam embarrassment.

And all after a bye and vs our biggest rival.

Actually there was a bad time out called, where they scored the touchdown on the play right after we called that time out before halftime. It was called for a review of a play that never got overturned. 

Edited by Blitz28179
2 minutes ago, octoslash said:

Thanks.  I was away from my TV at that moment.

It was inside 2 minutes so we called the timeout to make the officials get in a longer look so they woukd do a booth review which they did but it never got overturned. Next play after TO saints score a touchdown

Edited by Blitz28179
32 minutes ago, fuego said:

Well it is the same staff. Just reverting to the mean. 

Raheem was the benefactor of that old "Dead Cat Bounce" when a team temporarily looks better after a coaching change, then quickly settles back into an equal or even worse rut when the new wears off.

1 hour ago, octoslash said:

It looked exactly like DQ was still here today except I dont remember any clinically insane timeouts.

The team was flat, the coaching was awful, the gameplan was invisible and the result was a god dam embarrassment.

And all after a bye and vs our biggest rival.

Laying an egg after a bye most certainly is Quinnesque. 

This team needs to clean house so bad they should get rid of this guy as well:

image.png

Edited by TheUsualStuff

Not sure if this has been posted elsewhere already, but I just saw on footballscoop.com the Falcons have 4 candidates currently on their list to interview:

Rick Smith (former Texans GM)

Champ Kelly (current director of personnel at Bears; was with Denver during their most recent Super Bowl appearances)

Brad Holmes (director of college scouting with Rams; been there a long-time)

Reggie McKenzie (former Raiders GM)

Morris is taking his name off the short bus by saying **** like this about DK:

You’re talking about one of the top, premier coaches in the National Football League over the last however many years that he’s been doing it,” Morris said. “He’s been a coordinator for a long time at a high level. A guy that I respect a lot, learned a lot from over the past year and a half, and I look forward to working with him these 11 games and trying to be our very best self.”

I had thought Morris was doing a better job and appeared to be learning, but one thing I saw today really concerned me about his long term viability.  At the end of the 2nd quarter when the Saints had that long completion and then the non-fumble the defense appears to have lost it.   That's classic Falcons football.  The minute they think they got a break and didn't they just fall apart.  I'd like the next coach to get the team past that mind state.

It's just hilarious that the first couple of pages was filled with those wanting to consider keeping Morris yet after today not a single supporting voice since. Just listen to Morris' postgame interview and ask yourself who he sounds and acts like....Dan Quinn. Nothing spoken of substance.

If we pull another Marion Campbell and go with the easy and convenient HC again I will pop a vessel. This defense this year has been just awful and we all know who the DC was.

Edited by Quarterback