*** Official Falcons Vs Saints In-Game Thread ***

Monoxide

3 minutes ago, PeytonMannings Forehead said:

Really, Dirk? Do we have any wide zone in the package anymore?

The great Falcons lie in the off-season was this:

F͛A͛L͛C͛O͛N͛S͛ M͛A͛C͛K͛ E͛L͛A͛T͛E͛D͛ A͛B͛O͛U͛T͛ R͛E͛T͛U͛R͛N͛ T͛O͛ O͛U͛T͛S͛I͛D͛E͛ Z͛O͛N͛E͛

The Falcons are committing to using an outside-zone run scheme more extensively this season, after only dabbling in it the last three seasons since Kyle Shanahan left to coach the Niners, D. Orlando Ledbetter of the Atlanta Journal-Constitution reports. The development encouraged Mack, who has thrived in the system before: "I think it's an emphasis of the whole offense to make sure that's something that we want to be really good at," Mack said. "So, in order to run the wide zone you have to have a full commitment of all of the guys on the field to make that work. It is a really powerful offense. It's something that we have a lot of experience with."

The Falcons averaged only 85.1 rushing yards per game and 3.8 yards per carry last season, and much of that struggle could be attributed to offensive line issues last year, though DeVonta Freeman's various injuries did not help. This development should be an encouraging factor for Todd Gurley's potential production.

3 minutes ago, kenn.junior said:

then scheme people open like a good OC does simple

Koetter schemed Ridley open for a touchdown on the first series of the game but Ryan under threw it like he does and the Falcons had to kick yet another  field goal. You only get so many chances a game in the NFL to make big plays. This team is soo used to average quarterback play that its normal to make excuses....

Just now, FalconsIn2012 said:

F͛A͛L͛C͛O͛N͛S͛ M͛A͛C͛K͛ E͛L͛A͛T͛E͛D͛ A͛B͛O͛U͛T͛ R͛E͛T͛U͛R͛N͛ T͛O͛ O͛U͛T͛S͛I͛D͛E͛ Z͛O͛N͛E͛

The Falcons are committing to using an outside-zone run scheme more extensively this season, after only dabbling in it the last three seasons since Kyle Shanahan left to coach the Niners, D. Orlando Ledbetter of the Atlanta Journal-Constitution reports. The development encouraged Mack, who has thrived in the system before: "I think it's an emphasis of the whole offense to make sure that's something that we want to be really good at," Mack said. "So, in order to run the wide zone you have to have a full commitment of all of the guys on the field to make that work. It is a really powerful offense. It's something that we have a lot of experience with."

The Falcons averaged only 85.1 rushing yards per game and 3.8 yards per carry last season, and much of that struggle could be attributed to offensive line issues last year, though DeVonta Freeman's various injuries did not help. This development should be an encouraging factor for Todd Gurley's potential production.

Those liars were fired though! Problem S O L V E D ! :tiphat:

Just now, Spts1 said:

Koetter schemed Ridley open for a touchdown on the first series of the game but Ryan under threw it like he does and the Falcons had to kick yet another  field goal. You only get so many chances a game in the NFL to make big plays. This team is soo used to average quarterback play that its normal to make excuses....

Cool so we would have 4 more points. Koetter is awful

Just now, Spts1 said:

yep

1 minute ago, FalconsIn2012 said:

I knew I wasn’t crazy. I thought I remembered this article floating around this off season. I just don’t get how we keep messing this up.

3 minutes ago, Monolith2001 said:

Oline is sucking, Matt is shell-shocked, WRs can't get separation. 

That said Julio is kinda hurt and our usual run game is present so we do have some consistency. 

Hard to be too mad at D at the moment. 

Seriously dude when is Julio not hurt ?? Say what you want Julio Jones does not help this team....give him some pom poms and a skirt cuz that's all he ever is anyway a high priced cheerleader