Just gonna leave this here...

Blair: We must savor Matt Ryan, who is putting together one of the better statistical seasons of his career on a three-win Falcons team. He might be easy to overlook, but QBs of his pedigree are exceedingly difficult to find. Just ask owners of Derek Carr stock.

https://www.nfl.com/news/qb-index-week-11-patrick-mahomes-aaron-rodgers-reign

Be glad Matt Ryan is your quarterback... I know I am.

I've been grateful for MR his whole time here because he has proven himself continually. The worst thing is to have no franchise QB because you'll never have a shot at a SB, unless you manage to build an all time unit on other parts of your team. Getting a franchise QB is the hardest part. We have one, and it's a shame he wasn't given enough of a defense at any point. But there's some with an agenda on these boards.

1 hour ago, Dr Long Shot said:

Matt Ryan is a Hall of Fame QB and those don't fall from trees. Several generation of fans spoiled because they've never seen anyone else under center and think Rodgers is as good as his highlight reels. 

I remember over last few offseasons several talking heads and knucklehead TAFTers claiming Carson Wentz was a superior QB.....🙃

Ryan’s been a Top 5 QB in league for last 5 years now...better than Rodgers, better than Brees , better than little ben. 

But unless/until he gets a ring, he won’t be recognized as such until after he’s gone.

Oh how I yearn for the good old days of Joey Harrington, Byron Leftwich, Chris Redmon, Doug Johnson, Kurt Kittner...oh those glorious memories. I cannot wait to go through another period of stellar QB play like that after that scrub Ryan gets shown the door/ deep, deep purple. 

This organization (HCs coaching, GMs hiring, mckay influence, and blank's decisions)  have been huge facters in hinduring an already great Ryan career. He would already have a superbowl win if not having a freeman missed block and HC & OC screw up the same time. He has been and still can be more even valueable with a compedent HC and GM, and blank finds some one outside the organization, not mckay, to help him make football decisions

Matt Ryan has been the beating heart of this team since 2008, as only an extraordinary QB can be. Without him we probably still be looking for our first back-to-back winning seasons. When he's gone, most of us who are long-time fans realize it could be a very long time before the Falcons have a QB of his caliber again.

The real truth is, when he retires this team may never be blessed with a Matt Ryan-level QB again. Unfortunately for him, he's one of those players who will never really be fully appreciated until he's retired and the Falcons are wallowing around with four wins a season again.

7 hours ago, BlazerSlayer said:

I've been grateful for MR his whole time here because he has proven himself continually. The worst thing is to have no franchise QB because you'll never have a shot at a SB, unless you manage to build an all time unit on other parts of your team. Getting a franchise QB is the hardest part. We have one, and it's a shame he wasn't given enough of a defense at any point. But there's some with an agenda on these boards.

It is a shame he has not had a good OL, or a consistent OC for most of his career

9 minutes ago, PokerSteve said:

Matt Ryan has been the beating heart of this team since 2008, as only an extraordinary QB can be. Without him we probably still be looking for our first back-to-back winning seasons. When he's gone, most of us who are long-time fans realize it could be a very long time before the Falcons have a QB of his caliber again.

The real truth is, when he retires this team may never be blessed with a Matt Ryan-level QB again. Unfortunately for him, he's one of those players who will never really be fully appreciated until he's retired and the Falcons are wallowing around with four wins a season again.

I agree.  When were vying for the first pick in this next draft, I was making the argument for drafting our next QB.  

In my opinion, you can not win consistently without an excellent QB

33 minutes ago, Hurry_Up_And_Buy said:

Jesus you guy's sound sooo desperately loyal that you will go down with a burning ship for the sake of the captain! Whelp u guys can gone on and cry your tears for Matt but some of us are ready to move on.... 🤷‍♂️

To who? No shade, just wanna know who you thinkin about as "next". 

3 minutes ago, ADAMSVILLE GYM said:

To who? No shade, just wanna know who you thinkin about as "next". 

Idk. But he has to be cerebral. Like Joe Burrow or even Tua & Kyler to some extent. Smart enough to pick up an entire playbook in 2-3 seasons. Accurate enough to make multi-level reads consistently. Passionate enough to take full accountability & lead on wider scale than a Matt Ryan. To me Matt has been a great professional but he's never been a true Stand-up leader. And that's a tough statement looking at the record books. But even up to his present day play has shown he isn't the guy to lead an entire franchise on his own. I want a guy who can do that. And win a Super Bowl. Matt's great. But he was never THAT guy. Never will be. So let's find him...

10 hours ago, Falcons Fan MVP said:

Shame on Arthur Blank for saying that Matt Ryan was fair game for a new GM.

This. The answer should’ve been, Matt Ryan has been an exceptionally great player for us over the years. Although the new GM will have full authority to make personnel moves, I would suspect that most GMs would want to keep a talent and leader like Matt Ryan on board and work to get complementary pieces in place. 

22 minutes ago, sandtrap said:

This. The answer should’ve been, Matt Ryan has been an exceptionally great player for us over the years. Although the new GM will have full authority to make personnel moves, I would suspect that most GMs would want to keep a talent and leader like Matt Ryan on board and work to get complementary pieces in place. 

I'd say your right,, it would be a dumb move to fire Matt.. I can't think of any GM that would make such a stupid move as that.. I think Blank was just saying he will give the new GM the power to do what ever he thinks best to help this team. And he should give him that power to make the decisions ... Else we will have a two headed monster in control.

1 hour ago, Hurry_Up_And_Buy said:

Idk. But he has to be cerebral. Like Joe Burrow or even Tua & Kyler to some extent. Smart enough to pick up an entire playbook in 2-3 seasons. Accurate enough to make multi-level reads consistently. Passionate enough to take full accountability & lead on wider scale than a Matt Ryan. To me Matt has been a great professional but he's never been a true Stand-up leader. And that's a tough statement looking at the record books. But even up to his present day play has shown he isn't the guy to lead an entire franchise on his own. I want a guy who can do that. And win a Super Bowl. Matt's great. But he was never THAT guy. Never will be. So let's find him...

Pretty stupid to say we need a cerebral QB who can pick up a playbook in 2-3 seasons, then reference 2 QB's who haven't even completed one NFL season. You mud flap.

Those guys grow on trees. Dime a dozen. I wouldn’t even waste a draft pick on one. Just find some free agent from Northwest Montana State School For The Blind Double Amputee Mentally Challenged School For Nuns. 

those guys are already on NFL teams, i believe adamsville was asking for a specific name you have in mind

or are you the kind of guy who moves out of a house without having another one to move in to?

Edited by JohnnyFranchise
35 minutes ago, JohnnyFranchise said:

those guys are already on NFL teams, i believe adamsville was asking for a specific name you have in mind

or are you the kind of guy who moves out of a house without having another one to move in to?

Exactly. I’m curious as to who you think is coming out of college and will be NFL “cerebral” at the pick were probably going to get.