Defensive Gameplan

kenn.junior

12 hours ago, Knight of God said:

No spy, just hit squad tee in.

Yep, that's exactly how the Steelers defended against Lamar Jackson.

They schemed to hit Jackson no matter if he was throwing, running, or handing it off to a runner. TJ Watt and Bud Dupree only played the RB if he ran towards them. Otherwise, they constantly went after Jackson no matter the situation to give him some remember me shots.

34 minutes ago, DonOfThemBirds said:

Yep, that's exactly how the Steelers defended against Lamar Jackson.

They schemed to hit Jackson no matter if he was throwing, running, or handing it off to a runner. TJ Watt and Bud Dupree only played the RB if he ran towards him. Otherwise, they constantly went after Jackson no matter the situation to give him some remember me shots.

And that's how you have to play against these mobile guys. You hit them.

1 hour ago, Knight of God said:

And that's how you have to play against these mobile guys. You hit them.

Ngl man I’m old school to the point of where if you’re gonna hit them HIT THEM. Make it worth the flag/fine whatever they hand out these days. Not saying bounties or anything crazy but if you’re gonna get a penalty for stabbing em heck twist the knife a little too

Just now, MoFalconsFan56 said:

Ngl man I’m old school to the point of where if you’re gonna hit them HIT THEM. Make it worth the flag/fine whatever they hand out these days. Not saying bounties or anything crazy but if you’re gonna get a penalty for stabbing em heck twist the knife a little too

Metaphorically speaking of course lol

I’ll play zone all the way with 5 man fronts with a lineman always in front of the center that way they can’t initiate double teams and that’ll leave the linebackers free to roam and make tackles.

Also hit the QB on EVERY option play. Make sure he feels it every time 

On 3rd and long, throw exotic coverages at him to make him make reads & less likely to take off running 

Edited by NUPE

I say blitz all day and let Deebo spy. 
If we play soft zone he will do what every QB does and that is dink us to death.

Id prefer if we make his life a living **** and not wait to find out what "tricks" they have planned for us.

If you think Payton doesnt have a bunch of smoke and mirrors and misdirection planned then you are mistaken. They are not going to drop back and play us straight, they will try to make us read, react and be a step behind to the ball carrier every snap.

Less thinking, more hitting. Please. Do not make this guy a fantasy hero on his first career start.

31 minutes ago, athell said:

lol you still buying that Hill talk huh?

Smooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooke

Just as a reminder, Jameis has always played extremely well against Atlanta.  Don't think Payton doesn't know that.  

He also has been a turnover machine against us too.

But you are right....this is a smoke screen of Colorado proportions.

7 minutes ago, falconsd56 said:

He also has been a turnover machine against us too.

But you are right....this is a smoke screen of Colorado proportions.

Not so much actually, at least not as much as you'd think.  9 picks in 9 games.

Jameis plays really really well against Atlanta for the most part.  But yeah, I don't buy it...at all.

7 minutes ago, A Dog Named Brian said:

If Tysom gets the start, am I the only one that’s not too concerned with him?? 

I hope they roll Taysom over Jameis.  He works as well (which is subjective) as he does because he is a gadget guy.  Gadget guys don't succeed in 1 role for an entire game/games/season.

I HOPE Payton is this dumb.

1 minute ago, athell said:

I hope they roll Taysom over Jameis.  He works as well (which is subjective) as he does because he is a gadget guy.  Gadget guys don't succeed in 1 role for an entire game/games/season.

I HOPE Payton is this dumb.

I’m hoping so too. No doubt Hill is great in a gadget role but looking through his college highlights and going off of limited NFL experience (though he’s sat in a great QB room over the years) I just see him as Tebow 2.0