What does Takks failure tell us about ATL!?

matty72780

The craziest thing about all of this is that since he was drafted in 2017 he’s played in 49 of 54 games from the 2017 season till we cut him (guarantee if he didn’t pop off on social he’d be starting for us this week). 

He can’t even make the Bengals or the 49ers actual TEAM, yet he’s played in 90% of our games since we drafted him. Who else sees something wrong with this picture and if this isn’t the most plain as day thing supporting why our D is always so bad I don’t know what is.

A starter on the Falcons D can’t pass other teams physicals hahaha. It all makes sense now. Makes you wonder who else we have “starting” that would be on a practice squad for the other 31 NFL franchises. 

SMH - only in the A! 

BEAT DEM SAINTS!!!!!

To be honest, it isn't the Falcons fault that Takk wanted out of Atlanta so bad that he wanted to be released while not healthy and go on to fail his physicals for both the Bengals and Niners.

If he was smart, he should've just stayed for the rest of the season and got healthy under the care of team doctors and hopefully been healthy enough to play some going into FA.

5 hours ago, matty72780 said:

The craziest thing about all of this is that since he was drafted in 2017 he’s played in 49 of 54 games from the 2017 season till we cut him (guarantee if he didn’t pop off on social he’d be starting for us this week). 

He can’t even make the Bengals or the 49ers actual TEAM, yet he’s played in 90% of our games since we drafted him. Who else sees something wrong with this picture and if this isn’t the most plain as day thing supporting why our D is always so bad I don’t know what is.

A starter on the Falcons D can’t pass other teams physicals hahaha. It all makes sense now. Makes you wonder who else we have “starting” that would be on a practice squad for the other 31 NFL franchises. 

SMH - only in the A! 

BEAT DEM SAINTS!!!!!

5 hours ago, DonOfThemBirds said:

To be honest, it isn't the Falcons fault that Takk wanted out of Atlanta so bad that wanted to be released while not healthy and go on to fail his physicals for both the Bengals and Niners.

If he was smart, he should've just stayed for the rest of the season and got healthy under the care of team doctors and hopefully been healthy enough to play some going into FA.

5 hours ago, FalconsIn2012 said:

The Falcons two 1st Round DE’s in 2019 have more failed physicals than sacks in 2020

Long time ago I came to realize that players have to be held accountable for thier play on the field.   In my opinion, this is where the Falcons organization has failed, in epic fashion, when it comes to Beasley and Takk.   If they had been drafted by teams with stronger, more capable coaches.... thier careers may have been much more successful.   

Constantly changing line coaches wasn't a good thing.  I think if Bryan Cox had stayed with the team, both DE's would have done much better.   After all, Cox was making Hageman a better player.   Beasley had his best season under Cox.

As is both DE's started because the Falcons drafted them in the 1st round.... and the Falcons had no one else.  No matter how badly they played both DE's kept thier jobs.   That was a mistake.   

Could Takk have handled this situation better?  Yeah.  Could the Falcons have done a better job handling both Takk and Beasley?  Yeah.   There are no winners in this situation.   Just a lot of wasted potential.

I said 2 years ago on this very board that takk didn’t seem like he wanted to be here because he was constantly liking dallas Cowboys stuff on social media and people said that didn’t matter. I never wanted takk in the first place. 

bottom line is he was happy to get money. Then got lazy pretty quick. Put on a little weight. Got *****y. Often hurt. Not overly talented. 

Basically another horrible use of draft capital by Dimitroff. I’m so glad they’re both gone. And Dairy Quinn. What a joke he was. 

Hopefully they nail the GM and head coach pick. I still don’t get why they don’t just go get Louis Riddick right now and start this process of rebuilding immediately. 

I think the premise of the OP is flawed. Had Takk passed the physical he would almost certainly still be in Cincinnati. He did not fail the physical with Cincinnati and SF because of lack of talent. He was brought to both places for the opposite reason...both teams saw enough talent in him that they thought they could coach him up and turn him around. And who knows, maybe they could have. We will never know. 

You do not fail physicals because of lack of talent. You fail physicals because there is some type of medical issue which puts you into a category where the risks outweigh the reward and because you are physically unable to perform. Failing a physical has nothing at all to do with an actual lack of talent. Just my two cents. 

That being said, we clearly could have and should have made better talent picks instead of Takk and Beasley. Their talent and production in no way ended up justifying where they were picked. We agree on that clearly. 

1 minute ago, marvinthemartian said:

I think the premise of the OP is flawed. Had Takk passed the physical he would almost certainly still be in Cincinnati. He did not fail the physical with Cincinnati and SF because of lack of talent. He was brought to both places for the opposite reason...both teams saw enough talent in him that they thought they could coach him up and turn him around. And who knows, maybe they could have. We will never know. 

You do not fail physicals because of lack of talent. You fail physicals because there is some type of medical issue which puts you into a category where the risks outweigh the reward and because you are physically unable to perform. Failing a physical has nothing at all to do with an actual lack of talent. Just my two cents. 

This. Takk failing his physical has nothing to do w the talent level of the defense.

If anything, the fact that teams continue to place waivers despite being an oft-injured nut job says the league thinks he has the talent. 

9 hours ago, matty72780 said:

SMH - only in the A! 

BEAT DEM SAINTS!!!!!

There is another aspect to this.  During the physical, Takk and the team have conversations.  They want to know if he understands football and they want to know if he will cause issues in the locker room.  If they do not like what they hear, and he has an injury, a failed physical is the easy way out.

Takk needs your prayers.  He is self destructing.  He needs some help.  I do not like what his behavior was when he was a Falcon.  But, he is a human being and his needs are great. 

1 hour ago, RYNE said:

I said 2 years ago on this very board that takk didn’t seem like he wanted to be here because he was constantly liking dallas Cowboys stuff on social media and people said that didn’t matter. I never wanted takk in the first place. 

bottom line is he was happy to get money. Then got lazy pretty quick. Put on a little weight. Got *****y. Often hurt. Not overly talented. 

Basically another horrible use of draft capital by Dimitroff. I’m so glad they’re both gone. And Dairy Quinn. What a joke he was. 

Hopefully they nail the GM and head coach pick. I still don’t get why they don’t just go get Louis Riddick right now and start this process of rebuilding immediately. 

I wished they would seriously consider Riddick. But with them not interviewing anyone now tells me they may have their eyes on someone with a contending playoff team.

That or they don't want to show their hand yet with a GM hire that would give away a potential HC canidate. People are pretty good at connecting dots. 

4 hours ago, ADAMSVILLE GYM said:

You know, I’m not an *******, but I play one on the internet. So I have to ask: Why the **** are y’all still talking about somebody who is a bust and gone?

Takk says no more about this organization than A. Bruce or JA98. 

whine whine whine whine. 

Oh wow, the teacher just walked in. 

lol okay y'all, sit up straight and don't pass notes around.

4 hours ago, RYNE said:

Because McFukhead is waiting for some Sucs castoffs to hand the jobs to.

On 11/21/2020 at 12:28 AM, DonOfThemBirds said:

To be honest, it isn't the Falcons fault that Takk wanted out of Atlanta so bad that he wanted to be released while not healthy and go on to fail his physicals for both the Bengals and Niners.

Plus, by keeping quiet he wouldn’t be labeled as a malcontent. Which he is now.