Jump to content

This is why draft rankings and grades are a joke


Recommended Posts

35 minutes ago, mc said:

https://www.si.com/nfl/lions/news/is-jeff-okudah-play-concerning

 

While Terrell is the 2nd rated rookie cb right now by profootball.

Okudah will be a very good pro.  It’s Patricia’s system that is the joke.  Every corner is having their worst season in Detroit.

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, mc said:

https://www.si.com/nfl/lions/news/is-jeff-okudah-play-concerning

 

While Terrell is the 2nd rated rookie cb right now by profootball.

We grading after nine games? In a Covid season? I thought all picks get three years? Bro. You might get exposed in this thread by a post digger in a couple years.

Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, FalconsIn2012 said:

Okudah will be a very good pro.  It’s Patricia’s system that is the joke.  Every corner is having their worst season in Detroit.

Amazing how these coordinators leave the side of the legendary coaches and all of a sudden are pedestrian asf and year after year everyone gets excited for these “protégés” and think this time it’s gonna be different. Not long ago Patricia was regarded as the best candidate and he’s got a degree in rocket science and studied at the bill bellicheck university of defense and blah blah blah now look at him now

Edited by MoFalconsFan56
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, MoFalconsFan56 said:

Amazing how these coordinators leave the side of the legendary coaches and all of a sudden are pedestrian asf and year after year everyone gets excited for these “protégés” and think this time it’s gonna be different. Not long ago Patricia was regarded as the best candidate and he’s got a degree in rocket science and studied at the bill bellicheck university of defense and blah blah blah now look at him now

Exactly. If a team is set on promoting a coordinator, then pick one who has had success continually with different teams in different systems.

Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, Fleurieu falcon said:

Who would you take as the big DT if given the choice? . 

Marvin Wilson !! Ranked in the first Round.. I think we'll be high enough to get him.. We should trade up to get this once in every 10 year DT.  At 6-5, 311 lbs,  from F.S.  The best DL man in this whole class  and it 's not even close. This player is a game changer.  Better than Derick Brown that was the #1 DT last year.. He will be in the top 15 but sadly we probably will be in that top 15 I'm pretty sure. If so,, a no brainer ! Best DL in the whole draft. Go BIG or go home. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
30 minutes ago, Draftnut57 said:

Marvin Wilson !! Ranked in the first Round.. I think we'll be high enough to get him.. We should trade up to get this once in every 10 year DT.  At 6-5, 311 lbs,  from F.S.  The best DL man in this whole class  and it 's not even close. This player is a game changer.  Better than Derick Brown that was the #1 DT last year.. He will be in the top 15 but sadly we probably will be in that top 15 I'm pretty sure. If so,, a no brainer ! Best DL in the whole draft. Go BIG or go home. 

I would like to se what Marlon Davidson has before drafting another DT... think he will be a good one... would rather have someone like Caleb or Surtain to have better Cbs...

Link to post
Share on other sites
36 minutes ago, Fernando C. said:

I would like to se what Marlon Davidson has before drafting another DT... think he will be a good one... would rather have someone like Caleb or Surtain to have better Cbs...

Yes , but we need two Studs at DT. Get the big Monsters in the first two rounds.. DL , and OL, Then take other players. A team's foundation is Lineman. You can get steals at other positions in the 3rd to 7th rounds. 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Draftnut57 said:

Marvin Wilson !! Ranked in the first Round.. I think we'll be high enough to get him.. We should trade up to get this once in every 10 year DT.  At 6-5, 311 lbs,  from F.S.  The best DL man in this whole class  and it 's not even close. This player is a game changer.  Better than Derick Brown that was the #1 DT last year.. He will be in the top 15 but sadly we probably will be in that top 15 I'm pretty sure. If so,, a no brainer ! Best DL in the whole draft. Go BIG or go home. 

You realize our team lacks depth because of only trading up under TD and never down, yes?  I agree with building through the lines for the most part, but I would rather invest in our secondary or EDGE at this point. We don’t know what we have in Davidson, we know we are screeds at EDGE and we know what we have in Sheffield and Oliver, and it isn’t great.  

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Rings said:

You realize our team lacks depth because of only trading up under TD and never down, yes?  I agree with building through the lines for the most part, but I would rather invest in our secondary or EDGE at this point. We don’t know what we have in Davidson, we know we are screeds at EDGE and we know what we have in Sheffield and Oliver, and it isn’t great.  

Maybe, but if the chance to get this player is there.. No way can we pass up on one a DTs like Marvin Wilson. And let me just put it like this,, if he is still on the board when we draft.. No way will we pass on him. But don't fret, He probably will be gone by the time we pick in round one. Because IMO, he'll be a top 5 or higher.

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 11/20/2020 at 7:09 PM, etherdome said:

I liked Terrell more than Okudah and stated so in the draft season.  
 

Okudah did not face much QB/WR talent.  But, hey, it’s too early to tell

Yep. A Big 10 corner has opportunities to look good. But then there is the ACC........where UNC, BC and Miami had decent QBs but so did PSU and......I dunno.

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 11/21/2020 at 3:47 AM, MoFalconsFan56 said:

Amazing how these coordinators leave the side of the legendary coaches and all of a sudden are pedestrian asf and year after year everyone gets excited for these “protégés” and think this time it’s gonna be different. Not long ago Patricia was regarded as the best candidate and he’s got a degree in rocket science and studied at the bill bellicheck university of defense and blah blah blah now look at him now

I think their defense was terrible his final year. Brady and bill got him that job. The guy in miami is starting to flash.

Link to post
Share on other sites
16 hours ago, Draftnut57 said:

Maybe, but if the chance to get this player is there.. No way can we pass up on one a DTs like Marvin Wilson. And let me just put it like this,, if he is still on the board when we draft.. No way will we pass on him. But don't fret, He probably will be gone by the time we pick in round one. Because IMO, he'll be a top 5 or higher.

I’ve never understood your false sense of confidence you have on who we would or wouldn’t draft.  We don’t even know who the GM is, let’s not pretend we know what is going to happen in April.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

×
×
  • Create New...