Sean Payton doesn't respect the Falcons defense

1 hour ago, Beast-N-Da-Sheetz said:

We better not lose to f**kin TAYSOM HILL.

Well, this organization put together a team that lost to DeAngelo Williams running a single-wing offense for the Panthers.  Defense isn't anything to write home about.  All things are possible against the Falcons D.  I wish it were not the case, but this organization has yet to figure it out from a coaching standpoint.

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

My full expectation is Hill “starting” the game and Winston throwing significantly more passes by the end of the game. 

I'm kinda loving these Raheem subtle digs not gonna lie.

Must be some crawfish missing at the local grocery.

1 minute ago, VTCrunkler said:

Why would respect our defense?  

I was gonna say... 3/4 of the members of this message board doesn't respect this defense, and the few who do only really started feeling that way in the past few weeks... so how can you blame Sean Payton for not respecting them either?

45 minutes ago, Dr Long Shot said:

Or it could be a smokescreen. Really, we have no idea what the Saints gameplan will be regardless of who starts, so this is Sean Payton taking advantage of the uncertainty by throwing another monkey wrentch in there to try to get any edge he can. Smart, to be honest. 

Of course no one knows, but I don't see this as rocket science. We do know a couple of things. 1) Payton is sharp and adaptable. He has proven to be able to win with all combinations of players. 2) He is more focused on his game plan than  trying to "fool" someone (he knows who the better team is).

With those two things established, I think its easy to expand to include a couple of things that are very probable: 1) He knows that the Falcons know Winston as well as they know Brees. 2) He knows the Falcons have had more success against Winston (in terms for W-L) than Brees.

My conclusion: If he can avoid putting this game in Winston's hands alone, he would prefer to do that. He wants to create situations where Winston can throw deep, not feed him the ball in situations where he has to throw. So, while I don't "know" it, I'm pretty darn confident the man will try to run the ball on us. 

8 minutes ago, FalconsIn2012 said:

I mean, this sounds like Winston is on the outs over there

It's odd because he has been nothing short of glowing about him this entire season up until this point.

I do not believe him at all though regarding this.  Taysom has more value to them on ST than on offense and his trick gadgetry, is Payton going to trot out his starting QB on ST as well?  I call BS.

21 minutes ago, athell said:

It's odd because he has been nothing short of glowing about him this entire season up until this point.

I do not believe him at all though regarding this.  Taysom has more value to them on ST than on offense and his trick gadgetry, is Payton going to trot out his starting QB on ST as well?  I call BS.

Could be pride at play here.  Everyone mocked SP for giving Hill a huge contract.  Or perhaps this guy has the right of it