Jump to content

Sean Payton doesn't respect the Falcons defense


Recommended Posts

There is no other way of saying this.  By starting Taysom Hill, he is saying that the Saints can line up and manhandle the Falcons front.  Morris challenged his hitters on defense earlier in the season, and he better do it again this weekend.  Debo, Neal, and Oluokan in particular.  The Saints are even still favored in this game by 3.5 points. 

 The Saints will use some trick plays and even have Hill attempt a few passes in play action to catch Atlanta off guard.  Doesn't matter, they better have Neal down in the box and they better out physical the Saints because if they don't,  its gonna get embarrassing.  Don't even worry about the passing game.  If Hill beats you there, fine, but he must not under any circumstance get going in the run game...

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

My full expectation is Hill “starting” the game and Winston throwing significantly more passes by the end of the game. 

I'm kinda loving these Raheem subtle digs not gonna lie.

Must be some crawfish missing at the local grocery.

12 minutes ago, Mr. Captain Falcon said:

Sean Payton doesn’t respect much of anything. 

Pretty much. It is a classless organization. Bounty gate, taunting freeman, firing whistleblower over drug scandal, Drew Brees and his affiliations, church scandal, ... they make the Pats look like Choir boys...

Link to post
Share on other sites

Why should Payton respect our defense?  Yes, of course, every NFL team has phenomenal athletes, so in broad terms, every one should respect each other.  
 

But let’s be real.  This team has a pretty long record of allowing first-time starting QB’s to have top tier stats.  Would anyone be surprised to see this new guy rack up over 300 yards in the air along with two TD’s and a ground attack over 110 yards?

No, I didn’t think so

let’s not worry about who respects us.  Let’s just prepare like professionals and play like champions

Link to post
Share on other sites
34 minutes ago, Falcanuck said:

My full expectation is Hill “starting” the game and Winston throwing significantly more passes by the end of the game. 

It’s a smoke screen. I actually see this the other way than not respecting us. I see it more of trying to distract from what he really wants to do. 

I absolutely see them at best splitting snaps, but more like Famous Jameis playing the majority of plays.

Link to post
Share on other sites
24 minutes ago, Spts1 said:

Not necessarily.  Hill ran over the Buccaneers and that may have convinced Payton that if he can do that to Tampa Bay,  then he can do it to Atlanta...

 

Yep, Ran but he did not throw all on them.

 

It's an obvious smokescreen. Taysom Hill is still an unknown from the QB position. He's a glorified gadget player right now.

 

Even Saints fans aren't buying this.

Link to post
Share on other sites

I think many are missing the point. Hill starting is more about a desire to control the game on the ground than anything else. If the Falcons allow that to happen, any QB can win off of play action with safeties and LBs leaning forward at the snap. The Falcons played Cam twice a season for most of Morris's stay in ATL. They have a clue how to handle the RPOs and designed QB runs. I really do think Fowler is a BIG missing spot in the run game. He gets such a nice first inside move in short yardage situations. But, Grady is still in the center making things hard between the tackles.

I like the Falcons to duel the Saints to a draw in the running game. If that happens, and if Ryan and Company hold up their end of the bargain, Jameis will be slinging it around soon enough. Once that happens...D. Jones loves patrolling the middle of the field vs. the Saints above all other teams. 

 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
36 minutes ago, athell said:

I'm kinda loving these Raheem subtle digs not gonna lie.

It is almost calling Payton out. Not quite loud enough to get pinned to a bullet board...but you don't have a search far between the lines to find: "Hey Sean, show us this 'Steve Young' of yours." 

Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, falcndave said:

It is almost calling Payton out. Not quite loud enough to get pinned to a bullet board...but you don't have a search far between the lines to find: "Hey Sean, show us this "Steve Young" of yours." 

 

 

Yep, the Steve Young comparison is ridiculous. Young was mobile no doubt, but he wasn't running nearly as often as Taysom Hill. Young mostly ran when the opportunity was there in situations and the option of throwing may have not been there.

Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, DonOfThemBirds said:

 

 

Yep, the Steve Young comparison is ridiculous. Young was mobile no doubt, but he wasn't running nearly as often as Taysom Hill. Young mostly ran when the opportunity was there in situations and the option of throwing may have not been there.

Young could actually, ya know, throw the ball too lol

Link to post
Share on other sites
31 minutes ago, falcndave said:

I think many are missing the point. Hill starting is more about a desire to control the game on the ground than anything else. If the Falcons allow that to happen, any QB can win off of play action with safeties and LBs leaning forward at the snap. The Falcons played Cam twice a season for most of Morris's stay in ATL. They have a clue how to handle the RPOs and designed QB runs. I really do think Fowler is a BIG missing spot in the run game. He gets such a nice first inside move in short yardage situations. But, Grady is still in the center making things hard between the tackles.

I like the Falcons to duel the Saints to a draw in the running game. If that happens, and if Ryan and Company hold up their end of the bargain, Jameis will be slinging it around soon enough. Once that happens...D. Jones loves patrolling the middle of the field vs. the Saints above all other teams. 

 

 

Or it could be a smokescreen. Really, we have no idea what the Saints gameplan will be regardless of who starts, so this is Sean Payton taking advantage of the uncertainty by throwing another monkey wrentch in there to try to get any edge he can. Smart, to be honest. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
36 minutes ago, DonOfThemBirds said:

 

Yep, Ran but he did not throw all on them.

 

It's an obvious smokescreen. Taysom Hill is still an unknown from the QB position. He's a glorified gadget player right now.

 

Even Saints fans aren't buying this.

Of course its a smokescreen. Taysom Hill isn't going to light up anyone's secondary nor is Payton going to go with 90% Wildcat plays either.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...