Do you think that Alex Mack will retire after this season?

Alex Mack still seems like he has 1-2 good years left in him. Most people don't expect Mack to be a Falcon next year. Alex Mack's contract expires at the end of the season.

Do you think that Alex Mack will most likely 1. Retire at the end of the season 2. Sign a team friendly 1-2 year deal with the Falcons or 3. Sign with another NFL team most likely a super bowl contender?

20 minutes ago, Vandy said:

It’s probably time. He’s declined some, go out while still a good player. 

Feels like when McClure hit a wall. I don’t think Mack has hit as quite a steep drop off physically but enough of a play drop it’s questionable even if we had the cap room. This is not to say Hennessy won’t be a downgrade. Hopefully they have a competition/contingency.

1 minute ago, Sidecar Falcon said:

It depends on the market. I think it’s wise, and prudent, for the Falcons to move on from him after this season. We have his replacement on the roster and it’ll free up cap space. 

That's if Hennessy is ready though. Don't want him taking over as starting C if he isn't ready. That could be a huge problem.

1 minute ago, DonOfThemBirds said:

That's if Hennessy is ready though. Don't want him taking over as starting C if he isn't ready. That could be a huge problem.

I agree. I think that Hennessy is at least serviceable, with a high ceiling. Mack is about average to above average depending on his play. So theoretically it wouldn’t be that much of a drop off. 

8 hours ago, Falcons Fan MVP said:

Alex Mack still seems like he has 1-2 good years left in him. Most people don't expect Mack to be a Falcon next year. Alex Mack's contract expires at the end of the season.

Do you think that Alex Mack will most likely 1. Retire at the end of the season 2. Sign a team friendly 1-2 year deal with the Falcons or 3. Sign with another NFL team most likely a super bowl contender?

If the Falcons can find a way salary-cap wise, I fully expect the Falcons to try and keep Mack.  The reason?  Arthur Blank.  AB wants to win, now.... right now.   Which is why I think AB looks for a veteran HC who knows how to win. 

Morriss just might be the guy, even if he posts a -losing- record.

13 hours ago, Ergo Proxy said:

He’d have to take a big pay cut. That’s just the reality of our cap situation. Otherwise, like a 2 year “backloaded” year 2 to cut his hit for 2021 way down...not seeing it. But could work and he retires with dead money in 2022?

Mack is invaluable on passing downs, but with DK running off guard most run plays, Mack becomes a liability run blocking.  If Dirk is still the OC, we should move on from Mack. Unfortunately, Hennessey is also best suited in a zone scheme

• Mack’s Average Run Block Grade Under Shanny/Sark: 88.6

• Mack Under Dirk: 70

19 hours ago, DonOfThemBirds said:

I think he still plays next season.

Might not be for the Falcons.

Yeah, I can't see the new GM re-signing him given our salary cap **** and the fact that we just drafted Hennessy to be his successor.

Hopefully he can sign with a true contender if he wants to keep playing. Someone else mentioned the 49ers, but it would also be kind of cool to see him return to the Browns.