Would You Like This 3 Round Falcons Projection:

Would You like The Latest Mock Draft  

26 members have voted

1. 1. Are You On Board?

• Yes, Lance has too much potential. Sit him for two years
    • No. Ryan still playing too well to consider a QB regardless how talented they are

I’ll be honest, Matt Ryan is playing like a top 6 QB this year which means QB is not a position of need.  But if the draft played out like this, I would be happy.  Let Lance sit and learn for two more years behind Ryan.  We also secure our EDGE and grab a safety who has 1st round talent and a RB in the mold of Gurley

So would you like a draft that went:

• Trey Lance

• Quincy Roche

• Caden Sterns/Ardarius Washington

• Javonte Williams

I haven't had the chance to see Lance on film (so I don't know if i'm high on him or not yet), but if there is a chance to grab a young talented future QB, go get em.  Matt's still playing well to me, but to be able to have Matt mentor an up and coming QB, will help this franchise as it enters the next phase, whenever that is.  

Bottom line to me is to draft the best QB available in the first or second rd. We should have a chance at Z Wilson or T Lance and if either are projected to drop to the second rd I’d say take the best edge in the first and maybe move back into the late first to take the BAQB and let him sit a year behind MR.

Zack Wilson looks like a big time sleeper pick to me unless he darts up the board. He’d be a steal in the late first or early second imo.

I'm for one of two things: either blow it up and start over, or go with MR & Co, if the powers that be think things can turn around quickly. I'm ok with either one. Drafting a QB high, is probably not the answer with this club. I wouldn't be against taking a developmental guy to learn behind MR in the 3rd or 4th round though. I think that is a must actually. 

22 minutes ago, Atl Falcon said:

Bottom line to me is to draft the best QB available in the first or second rd. We should have a chance at Z Wilson or T Lance and if either are projected to drop to the second rd I’d say take the best edge in the first and maybe move back into the late first to take the BAQB and let him sit a year behind MR.

Zack Wilson looks like a big time sleeper pick to me unless he darts up the board. He’d be a steal in the late first or early second imo.

Zack Wilson is not a sleeper anymore. He's going in the top 15 picks now I think, and maybe the top 10. EVERYBODY is on him now.

Just now, Atl Falcon said:

They should be and you should know being BS fan. And if he’s there in the first we’d be stupid to not take him imo. This dude is good

What sucks about him is that he was committed to BSU, then went on his mission. When he came back, he decided to go to BYU instead. Big loss for the Broncos.

21 hours ago, Boise Falcon Fan said:

Zack Wilson is not a sleeper anymore. He's going in the top 15 picks now I think, and maybe the top 10. EVERYBODY is on him now.

Agree. I could see a team falling in love w him and taking him surprisingly high...like when NYG took Daniel Jones.

as for the draft and OP question, I’m not sold on Lance and the board would need to be barren for me to like the pick.

if Parsons is there when we are on the clock he just needs to be the pick. This weekends game will give us an idea of how good this team may be...if we just capitalized on some crappy teams we may have a shot, if we look like a legit team now we will have no chance at him.

3 hours ago, Boise Falcon Fan said:

What sucks about him is that he was committed to BSU, then went on his mission. When he came back, he decided to go to BYU instead. Big loss for the Broncos.

I thought I read that he didn't do his mission, and was therefore a 'normal' age coming out of college.

4 hours ago, FalconsIn2012 said:

They address defense with Roche & Sterns.  Could do much worse than those two

All out defense I want to get the best players.

If that means moving in some rounds up so be it just land me the best defensive players.

Safety isn’t a strength in this draft so I’m kinda here nor there about drafting one early.

If I’m going the defensive route isolate the best most talented guys and formulate a plan to go get em.

Lance is an ideal QB for our situation since everyone knows he will need to sit year 1 and everyone also knows how large Matt Ryan's contract is and that he will likely be back 1 more season at minimum. 

Not sure I am sold though on his ability. Yes he can run but he will not be nearly as fast in comparison to NFL players as he is compared to these players he is playing against now. His arm looks great but his reads and mental aspect are a big question and that becomes 10x harder going to the NFL.

I think right now if we were to choose a QB not named Lawrence or Fields I would prefer Zach Wilson and even him I am not sold on.