If it was up to Matt Ryan do you think that he would rather keep Dirk Koetter next season or bring in a new OC?

11 minutes ago, Mr.Blank said:

This wasn't a statement to keep DK. Just that I'm sure Matt (or any QB) would prefer to not have to change systems every couple years. And if I was a HC I would prefer my starting QB to be comfortable with the system. Maybe that's just me...:shrug:

I respect that. But I would say the most uncomfortable Matt’s been in his career was in 2015-16 under Shanny.

I hope our next OC is someone who stays true to WCO and is someone willing to push the QB out of his comfort zone. 

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Honestly if we keep Raheem Morris I think I want Mike McDaniels to be brought back as OC.  He's worked under that Shannahan tree for a long time.  He worked for Mike Shannahan in Denver and Washi

Said no one ever.  Gimme Harbaugh, McDaniel, or Lefleur Jr. 

I think what Matt would like would be to not have to change OC every couple years.

14 hours ago, slick0ne said:

Koetter blows...our running backs could be eating folks alive in the passing game if schemed right especially Ito. 

Not really.

Gurley is still productive but neither he nor Hill make guys miss on a consistent basis.

There have been plenty of times where both of them just had to make 1 guy miss and they could have picked up more yards.

They are more bake than shake.

We could use some more shake in the running game

17 hours ago, Atl Falcon said:

This team scored 90 points 30 per gm average in the first three gms/losses...the losses didn’t have a lot to do with the OC. The defense flat out sucked giving up a 108 points during the same period. 

Even against Carolina MR throws a stupid int in the EZ late in the gm. It’s not all on DK. And personally I could care less if DK left tomorrow but he’s not as bad as some of y’all think. Give him a top tier RB and he’d be much better Imo

1) They did have a lot to do with the OC, because his scheme cannot run the ball. With his stupid inside dive, over and over and over, we couldnt take time off the clock. Dirk and Quinn were blasted in the media for something like 3 plays used up 11 secs and punted the ball right back to the other team and they came back and won. OC calls the plays, yeah thats on the OC

2) MR threw an INT. Did you watch the routes? The OC scheme literally did nothing to help a WR come open and thats what happens. No open WRs means balls will be contested. THIS is why having a competent OC matters. If we could scheme to run the ball, we wouldnt be forced to pass just to get a first down and hold the ball late in games. We wouldnt be forced to pass when in the red zone and we could run it in.

2) its I COULDN'T care less. By saying you could, means you actually do care.

6 minutes ago, runshoot said:

1) They did have a lot to do with the OC, because his scheme cannot run the ball. With his stupid inside dive, over and over and over, we couldnt take time off the clock. Dirk and Quinn were blasted in the media for something like 3 plays used up 11 secs and punted the ball right back to the other team and they came back and won. OC calls the plays, yeah thats on the OC

2) MR threw an INT. Did you watch the routes? The OC scheme literally did nothing to help a WR come open and thats what happens. No open WRs means balls will be contested. THIS is why having a competent OC matters. If we could scheme to run the ball, we wouldnt be forced to pass just to get a first down and hold the ball late in games. We wouldnt be forced to pass when in the red zone and we could run it in.

2) its I COULDN'T care less. By saying you could, means you actually do care.

My bad -  I couldn’t care less. But imo it’s not all DK and if he had a top tier RB maybe the run game would be there. Also I was thinking our WRs dropped some easy passes during that 11 secs.

I’m not letting MR off the hook up for that stupid int against the Panthers. He’s got to make better decisions. 

1 hour ago, Spts1 said:

There is nothing wrong with the Falcons offense that a better offensive line in the run game cannot fix. First it was Sarkisian. Now folks want to run off the coordinator that RYAN hand picked. Thats ignored for some reason...

Sarkisian wasn't even that bad. Nobody likes our OC's until they leave, and then they are deified.

In our losses, the offense has played a role each and every time.  We seem to sputter out offensively in the 2nd half when we lose.  The numbers tell the story.

• 2nd Half PPG In Losses: 10.1

• 2nd Half PPG In Wins: 14.6

On the season we have had 29 2nd half possessions in our opponents territory.  Of those 29 drives, just 12 resulted in TD’s (our opponents scored 18TD’s in 2nd half).

What’s worse is what happened on the remaining  17 possessions.  On those 17 possessions in opponents territory we scored a staggeringly bad 21 points.  

So out of a possible 203 points on those 29 second half drives on our opponents side of the field, we came away with just 105 points.  On 35% of those drives we scored 0 points.  Terrible

Dirk koetter sucks by the simple fact that the offense looks great for 1 quarter then gets completely cold going 3 and out consecutively. Making the defense burn itself out early, and the other team gaining momentum and games having to go to the final possesion.  Koetter maybe was once above average but defenses have become fast, and dirk koetter lacks the creativiy to out smart defenses. Its time for him to retire and bring in a young innovative mind. Mcdaniel or arthur smith!

28 minutes ago, SipDirtyBird84 said:

I think Matt would want to keep him. It takes time to learn a new system and excel in it. We haven’t had an issue with the offense the last couple of games. The season has been more of an execution issue. 

The pandemic off-season probably has something to do with that. Some teams needs training camp more than others.

2 hours ago, Spts1 said:

There is nothing wrong with the Falcons offense that a better offensive line in the run game cannot fix. First it was Sarkisian. Now folks want to run off the coordinator that RYAN hand picked. Thats ignored for some reason...

From what I heard Matt Ryan was not consulted in the decision to hire Dirk Koetter but I could be wrong.

2 hours ago, Atl Falcon said:

If MR doesn’t want to keep DK I say kick him out the door ASAP but we don’t know that. Imo MR would vote to keep DK.

I'm not friends with Matty Ice but if he reads this WFW leaves an open invitation to come fishing at my lake house on my boat. If that happens I will ask him and I'm sure he'll be honest with a 50 + year fan...I will pass along the answer to all.