If it was up to Matt Ryan do you think that he would rather keep Dirk Koetter next season or bring in a new OC?

Do you guys think Matt Ryan most likely likes having Dirk Koetter as his OC? Or would rather change things up?

I would love to know if Matt, Julio, Ridley, Jake, Mack, Lindstrom, McGrary, Gurley etc like playing in Dirk's offense or would prefer a new OC like a WCO philosophy. 

So just for fun which of our offensive players do you think probably enjoy playing in Dirk's offense? And which ones do you think most likely don't like his offense?

If I had to guess I would say Gurley probably doesn't like it. I wouldn't be surprised if Matt Ryan wants to go back to WCO.

Hopefully McKay will ask the offensive players their preference. Especially Matt and Julio.

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Honestly if we keep Raheem Morris I think I want Mike McDaniels to be brought back as OC.  He's worked under that Shannahan tree for a long time.  He worked for Mike Shannahan in Denver and Washi

Said no one ever.  Gimme Harbaugh, McDaniel, or Lefleur Jr. 

I think what Matt would like would be to not have to change OC every couple years.

Honestly if we keep Raheem Morris I think I want Mike McDaniels to be brought back as OC. 

He's worked under that Shannahan tree for a long time.  He worked for Mike Shannahan in Denver and Washington, Gary Kubiak in Houston, and has been with Kyle at every stop. Currently the run game coordinator in San Fran.

The team already know that offense and the terminology, only now they would have a coach that actually knows the system. The whole making Sarkisian and Koetter learn the system and watching them flail about has been painful to watch. 

Keep DK ...not even close. I’m not a big DK fan but let this young OL jell and give him a top tier RB and watch him score tons of points. The guy’s not as bad as this place portrays him to be. 

If fired he’ll be offered an OC job within days. Be careful what you wish for. 

QB HC and OC gets all the blame from rec league - high school - college - NFL from the arm chair QBs in the stands and message boards when things go bad. That’s all most fans know to do...byitch about why this or that play didn’t work. That’s all they know to do even when there’s a lot of under lying issues. But as fans we reserve the right to share our opinions even if they’re uneducated from a coaching stand point. 

Fans will fan

6 minutes ago, Atl Falcon said:

Keep DK ...not even close. I’m not a big DK fan but let this young OL jell and give him a top tier RB and watch him score tons of points. The guy’s not as bad as this place portrays him to be. 

QB HC and OC gets all the blame from rec league - high school - college - NFL from the arm chair QBs in the stands and message boards when things go bad. That’s all most fans know to do...byitch about why this or that play didn’t work. That’s all they know to do even when there’s a lot of under lying issues. But as fans we reserve the right to share our opinions even if they’re uneducated from a coaching stand point. 

Fans will fan

Said no one ever. 

Gimme Harbaugh, McDaniel, or Lefleur Jr. 

I think Ryan, Julio, the O line, Calvin, Hayden and the running backs all hate DK's offense. It is antiquated and uncreative. It does nothing to get the running game going, and the running game makes everything better for the whole offense.

Who on the offense do I think likes it? Honestly, I'd be surprised if any of them do.

This team scored 90 points 30 per gm average in the first three gms/losses...the losses didn’t have a lot to do with the OC. The defense flat out sucked giving up a 108 points during the same period. 

Even against Carolina MR throws a stupid int in the EZ late in the gm. It’s not all on DK. And personally I could care less if DK left tomorrow but he’s not as bad as some of y’all think. Give him a top tier RB and he’d be much better Imo

40 minutes ago, Atl Falcon said:

Even against Carolina MR throws a stupid int in the EZ late in the gm. It’s not all on DK. And personally I could care less if DK left tomorrow but he’s not as bad as some of y’all think.  Give him a top tier RB and watch him run into the middle of the defense for 1.9 yards. 

There you go buddy. 

2 hours ago, Falcons Fan MVP said:

Do you guys think Matt Ryan most likely likes having Dirk Koetter as his OC? Or would rather change things up?

I would love to know if Matt, Julio, Ridley, Jake, Mack, Lindstrom, McGrary, Gurley etc like playing in Dirk's offense or would prefer a new OC like a WCO philosophy. 

So just for fun which of our offensive players do you think probably enjoy playing in Dirk's offense? And which ones do you think most likely don't like his offense?

If I had to guess I would say Gurley probably doesn't like it. I wouldn't be surprised if Matt Ryan wants to go back to WCO.

Hopefully McKay will ask the offensive players their preference. Especially Matt and Julio.

Ryan wants DK, no doubt. His opinion matters to Dirk. That is what most true franchise QBs want above all else other than winning...some control of the offense. 

3 hours ago, Atl Falcon said:

Fans will fan

You could be right. Everyone said Kyle Shanahan was predictable in 2015.

2 hours ago, DriveHomeSafelyAtlantaWins said:

I think Ryan, Julio, the O line, Calvin, Hayden and the running backs all hate DK's offense. It is antiquated and uncreative. It does nothing to get the running game going, and the running game makes everything better for the whole offense.

Who on the offense do I think likes it? Honestly, I'd be surprised if any of them do.

Z probably does. He be catching all those long touchdown bombs under Koetter. :)

14 hours ago, Atl Falcon said:

Fans will fan

So he has a top QB, top WR core, Good TE and a young O-Line that overall is solid and now he needs a top RB too just so his offense can score points?

Imagine being an OC needing to have Everything possible be great just so you can succeed. DK Is trash. Was when he re-hired him and 2 years later he still is. 

Bye felicia. If Ryan wants him back he can be gone too. Same goes for Raheem.

8 minutes ago, PriMeTiiMe said:

So he has a top QB, top WR core, Good TE and a young O-Line that overall is solid and now he needs a top RB too just so his offense can score points?

Imagine being an OC needing to have Everything possible be great just so you can succeed. DK Is trash. Was when he re-hired him and 2 years later he still is. 

Bye felicia. If Ryan wants him back he can be gone too. Same goes for Raheem.

It’s not like the teams not scoring points....but you do have a point. A top tier RB would make a big difference. I do think MR would be all in favor of keeping DK. 

32 minutes ago, WhenFalconsWin said:

Predictable, cannot run for a yard or two when we need it, his running game is as creative as diarrhea as is the rest of his offense. 

Simple answer: NO 

But the question by the OP was - do you think MR would want to keep DK or bring in a new OC? 
99% on here would say no lol...

3 hours ago, Vandy said:

Offense has disappointed the last 2 seasons under DK.

We need to win, not worry about Matt’s comfort level. 

This wasn't a statement to keep DK. Just that I'm sure Matt (or any QB) would prefer to not have to change systems every couple years. And if I was a HC I would prefer my starting QB to be comfortable with the system. Maybe that's just me...:shrug: