Eric Bieniemy may be at the top of the Coaching list according to SI.com

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

"may" "the idea" So basically he knows nothing

I still say hire a GM first. Preferably someone who has a knack for spotting talent at the college and pro level that won't acquiesce to Blank's explosive lifetime contracts. Someone who knows how to

Raheem Morris could make a statement when we play KC.

On 11/18/2020 at 6:26 PM, DirtyBird2 said:

It's not just random people talking out their A's though, people around the league agree that he is going to be a great coach. Just like I think Quinn brought some of our players down, I think EB may bring them up. I've done an awful lot of reading on him and have been swayed (I didn't originally want him for the same reasons you say). I also like the idea of Brady after reading what the league says about him too

I rly hope Blank gives Brady at least a interview 

On 11/18/2020 at 3:57 PM, FalconFanSince1970 said:

Lynch and Shanny are 27-31 as a tandem. 4-6 in 2020 and flaming out. Looking up at their division.

Uhh have you been paying any attention this year to what has happened to the 49ers? If you think we have had some bad luck with injuries in past years... the 49ers take the cake this year..  yet they still have won more games than us.

QB Jimmy G been in and out and may be done for year now
RBs they have dipped down to 4th and 5th strings due to so many injuries. Mostert, Teco, Wilson, Nasty, McKinnon have all been out at different points. Currently 3 of those guys are still on IR.
WRs constantly keep having to swap them around. Deebo's been in and out as well as Aiyuk.
TE Kittle missed the beginning of the year and now hes back out for the rest of the year
O-Line 2 starting lineman been out for most of year
Defense has lost Bosa, Ford, Armstead, Ziggy, Thomas, Sherm, Tart. now Kinlaw is on the covid list. Their whole front is 3rd strings now.

The best thing Shanny can do is stop hitching his wagon to Jimmy G. It cost him the 2018 season when he went down in Week 3 for the year and now this year he is gone again. Not sure if he played this year it would have mattered with all the other injuries but you gotta be able to rely on having your QB on the field.

Jimmy G is 21-5 as a starter though so I guess I get it. I still think if we traded Ryan to them this offseason they would have a great shot at winning the SB in 2021.

10 minutes ago, PriMeTiiMe said:

Uhh have you been paying any attention this year to what has happened to the 49ers? If you think we have had some bad luck with injuries in past years... the 49ers take the cake this year..  yet they still have won more games than us.

QB Jimmy G been in and out and may be done for year now
RBs they have dipped down to 4th and 5th strings due to so many injuries. Mostert, Teco, Wilson, Nasty, McKinnon have all been out at different points. Currently 3 of those guys are still on IR.
WRs constantly keep having to swap them around. Deebo's been in and out as well as Aiyuk.
TE Kittle missed the beginning of the year and now hes back out for the rest of the year
O-Line 2 starting lineman been out for most of year
Defense has lost Bosa, Ford, Armstead, Ziggy, Thomas, Sherm, Tart. now Kinlaw is on the covid list. Their whole front is 3rd strings now.

The best thing Shanny can do is stop hitching his wagon to Jimmy G. It cost him the 2018 season when he went down in Week 3 for the year and now this year he is gone again. Not sure if he played this year it would have mattered with all the other injuries but you gotta be able to rely on having your QB on the field.

Jimmy G is 21-5 as a starter though so I guess I get it. I still think if we traded Ryan to them this offseason they would have a great shot at winning the SB in 2021.

Ugh I’ve been paying attention to all the Shanny lap licking that goes on around here.

On 11/18/2020 at 3:16 PM, Falcons Fan MVP said:

Arthur Blank did kind of hint that there was a good chance that he would bring in a minority at head coach and/or GM. If Raheem Morris wins at least 7 or 8 games I could see McKay keeping Raheem Morris. I think that the 49ers DC needs to be strongly considered as well.

I personally don't want Eric Biemeny unless he has plans to keep Matt Ryan 4-5 years.

I just don't agree with hiring anybody for the sake of diversity. With the shape this franchise is in, we need to hire the best people we can find to right this ship.  If Bieinemy is that guy ,  fine, but not because he is black and deserves a "Chance".  If the new GM and HC are both black, fine, but if they are both white , that's fine too, as long as they are able, proven competent people.

32 minutes ago, Hard Case said:

I just don't agree with hiring anybody for the sake of diversity. With the shape this franchise is in, we need to hire the best people we can find to right this ship.  If Bieinemy is that guy ,  fine, but not because he is black and deserves a "Chance".  If the new GM and HC are both black, fine, but if they are both white , that's fine too, as long as they are able, proven competent people.

If it comes down to EB or Morris, I vote for Morris

1) Of course he may be at the top of the candidate list. It only makes sense.

2) I think he is on to something regarding McKays connections and Blanks wish to follow through on ideals through HC hires. It makes good sense. Question is if Bienemy will want to come here. I guess it is up to McKay to lure him here, so I sure hope he knows something about Bienemy's preferences. 

Edited by niels petersen