Eric Bieniemy may be at the top of the Coaching list according to SI.com

rednblack attack

3 hours ago, mtldirtybird said:

even if we got EB, my main concern would still be the defense. We have Koetter now and still succeed on the offensive side well enough to win.  Maybe that's why Morris could be safer...

Finding a legit elite defensive HC would be ideal though

Eberflus definitely would be interesting here. On paper, we have more talent than the Colts on that side of the ball. 

I have been in Bieniemy’s camp but I like how Morris has finally brought some accountability and discipline to the team.

I also like his no BS and no coach speak during his press conferences.

The defense has been more aggressive and there has been improved play from Terrell, Foye and Jones came back to life. If he can stop this fourth quarter nonsense and go on a run during the rest of the season he deserves it and I would be happy with Morris. If not and blowing leads keep happening then bring me Bieniemy.

18 hours ago, Falcons Fan MVP said:

Arthur Blank did kind of hint that there was a good chance that he would bring in a minority at head coach and/or GM. If Raheem Morris wins at least 7 or 8 games I could see McKay keeping Raheem Morris. I think that the 49ers DC needs to be strongly considered as well.

I personally don't want Eric Biemeny unless he has plans to keep Matt Ryan 4-5 years.

:lol:

16 hours ago, FalconFanSince1970 said:

They have a QB problem. Plus a division to deal with that knows how to play Shanny.

Could be losing some key pieces on the roster and coaching staff. Good luck.

Yeah, I have long said Jimmy G. is not a franchise QB. I still love how Ryan haters give Shanny all the credit for Ryan's MVP season.

People forget that Shanny has only had one amazing season and that was year 2 of Ryan. People called him a QB killer before he came to Atlanta. It doesn't matter how good of a coach you are if you don't have a QB that can execute.

I still wish there was a way that Shanny could have stayed in Atlanta. I feel like they could have turned into something similar to Payton/Brees.

14 hours ago, KCFalcon22 said:

As a Falcons Fan 1st and a Chiefs fan 2nd here's my wish list.

GM: Mike Borgonzi

HC: Eric Bieniemy

2nd

GM: Louis Reddick

HC: Eric Bieniemy

Don't know why it's difficult. EB is easily the best HC option that will be available. These excuses against him are lazy and flies in the face of the evidence for EB. Borgonzi is highly heralded and would be a very good GM hire. Both of them have been through transitioning a vet QB to a young replacement without missing a beat. That's what we'll be trying to do. 

7 minutes ago, vel said:

Don't know why it's difficult. EB is easily the best HC option that will be available. These excuses against him are lazy and flies in the face of the evidence for EB. Borgonzi is highly heralded and would be a very good GM hire. Both of them have been through transitioning a vet QB to a young replacement without missing a beat. That's what we'll be trying to do. 

Couldn't agree more with the transition they have been through.  Even with Matt still being here, EB has the tools/offensive scheme that would allow Matt to use one of his BEST assets; Reading a Defense.

Just now, KCFalcon22 said:

Couldn't agree more with the transition they have been through.  Even with Matt still being here, EB has the tools/offensive scheme that would allow Matt to use one of his BEST assets; Reading a Defense.

Exactly. He's been in KC since 2013. You know that lol so I'll partly be preaching to the choir, but like come on. That running game that Alex Smith leaned on? EB was a major part of that. Mahomes being ready to step in in 18? EB was a major reason for that. He's the one speaking to Mahomes more than Reid. He's heavily involved in play design and game planning. It's like he's not being given ANY credit for what's happening there even though he's the OC and Reid and Mahomes themselves have backed him up. 

It's just like folks who didn't like the Terrell pick but couldn't explain why (because it was all based on one game's highlights...). Lazy. EB is more than qualified. He'd have the strongest part of this team humming from day one. Get a good DC and a GM who can build a defense and we can be back to being a very good team in short order. 

19 hours ago, tl;dr said:

If we get on a roll with Morris, I may be okay keeping him. Not a gimme, but I would consider it. Biemeny is an interesting choice, but I have questions with him. Morris has been a HC before and is a lot safer, but may not have the upside of Biemeny.

Pretty much I don't know if we can make a decision until we see how the season plays out. If we make a run to the playoffs, I don't see how we don't keep Morris honestly. 

I understand your concern and there was a time I would agree. But this is a new NFL in the past 5-7 years. Where the Mcveys, Lafleurs, Shannahans, Vrabels, Petersons, Reichs are taking football teams to the playoffs and more. No HC experience specifically.

Sure the Andy Reids and Belichecks are stalwarts, but really you dont see the retread coachs doing as well and instead the young OCs turn HC are the future.

1 hour ago, MoFalconsFan56 said:

Reid for everything IMO. Although the Chiefs have had a strong running game my whole life lol back to Priest Holmes days 

I feel as though EB has had a great track record with running backs during his coaching career.  Peterson, Chester Taylor, Westbrook, McCoy, Charles, Williams and now CEH.  There are probably a few.  I get that Andy Reid picks the plays and EB relays them, but he has to have ideas of his own, and DESERVES A CHANCE.  Thats all i'm saying

34 minutes ago, KCFalcon22 said:

I feel as though EB has had a great track record with running backs during his coaching career.  Peterson, Chester Taylor, Westbrook, McCoy, Charles, Williams and now CEH.  There are probably a few.  I get that Andy Reid picks the plays and EB relays them, but he has to have ideas of his own, and DESERVES A CHANCE.  Thats all i'm saying

For sure. I also don’t really disagree with what you’re saying it’s just Id rather us get a HC with HC experience is what it comes down to. I won’t be punching the air if we hire EB but I won’t really be all that excited either.