Jump to content

Eric Bieniemy may be at the top of the Coaching list according to SI.com


Recommended Posts

https://www.si.com/nfl/2020/11/18/mailbag-new-england-patriots-quarterback-cam-newton-future

From the article:

 

From Craig M (@Dolfan2334): Eric Bieniemy is expected to be the hot coaching name this offseason. Do you think he ends up in New York, Jacksonville or somewhere else?

Craig, the one thing I’ve heard from a handful of people that’s gotten a little harder to ignore is the idea that Atlanta has its eyes on Bieiemy. The Falcons, obviously, are free now (with Dan Quinn gone) to vet candidates through background work and send whatever signals they want to a coach that they’ll be interested when the time comes.

It’s also notable that team president Rich McKay is about as connected as it gets to the league office, which has been very out front in trying to motivate teams to hire diverse candidates for GM and coach positions. McKay is chair of the competition committee, serving on that panel with EVP of football operations Troy Vincent, who’s a leader for 345 Park Avenue on the diverse-hiring front.

To be clear, I’m not saying that this is a bag job. But if anyone with a team would be sensitive to the issues the league has had and might’ve heard how Bieniemy is deserving of his shot at being a head coach in the league, it would probably be McKay. I also think owner Arthur Blank, if all other things are equal, would like to be part of the NFL’s making progress in that area. So just keep an eye on this one.

 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

"may" "the idea" So basically he knows nothing

I still say hire a GM first. Preferably someone who has a knack for spotting talent at the college and pro level that won't acquiesce to Blank's explosive lifetime contracts. Someone who knows how to

Raheem Morris could make a statement when we play KC.

Arthur Blank did kind of hint that there was a good chance that he would bring in a minority at head coach and/or GM. If Raheem Morris wins at least 7 or 8 games I could see McKay keeping Raheem Morris. I think that the 49ers DC needs to be strongly considered as well.

I personally don't want Eric Biemeny unless he has plans to keep Matt Ryan 4-5 years.

Link to post
Share on other sites

If we get on a roll with Morris, I may be okay keeping him. Not a gimme, but I would consider it. Biemeny is an interesting choice, but I have questions with him. Morris has been a HC before and is a lot safer, but may not have the upside of Biemeny.

Pretty much I don't know if we can make a decision until we see how the season plays out. If we make a run to the playoffs, I don't see how we don't keep Morris honestly. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Just as soon keep Morris if he finishes the season on a winning a note. Still not convinced EB not riding possibly what could be one of the best QBs of all time and a HOF HC. He should be doing a great job with all that talent. 
I don’t have a problem with EB and he may end up being a great choice. Just give me the best HC candidate available regardless of skin color.....that should not be a factor one way or the other. If Morris can win 5 of the remaining gms I’d just as soon keep him unless another proven HC becomes available. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
29 minutes ago, rednblack attack said:

https://www.si.com/nfl/2020/11/18/mailbag-new-england-patriots-quarterback-cam-newton-future

From the article:

 

From Craig M (@Dolfan2334): Eric Bieniemy is expected to be the hot coaching name this offseason. Do you think he ends up in New York, Jacksonville or somewhere else?

Craig, the one thing I’ve heard from a handful of people that’s gotten a little harder to ignore is the idea that Atlanta has its eyes on Bieiemy. The Falcons, obviously, are free now (with Dan Quinn gone) to vet candidates through background work and send whatever signals they want to a coach that they’ll be interested when the time comes.

It’s also notable that team president Rich McKay is about as connected as it gets to the league office, which has been very out front in trying to motivate teams to hire diverse candidates for GM and coach positions. McKay is chair of the competition committee, serving on that panel with EVP of football operations Troy Vincent, who’s a leader for 345 Park Avenue on the diverse-hiring front.

To be clear, I’m not saying that this is a bag job. But if anyone with a team would be sensitive to the issues the league has had and might’ve heard how Bieniemy is deserving of his shot at being a head coach in the league, it would probably be McKay. I also think owner Arthur Blank, if all other things are equal, would like to be part of the NFL’s making progress in that area. So just keep an eye on this one.

 

 

Raheem Morris could make a statement when we play KC.

Link to post
Share on other sites

I still say hire a GM first. Preferably someone who has a knack for spotting talent at the college and pro level that won't acquiesce to Blank's explosive lifetime contracts. Someone who knows how to navigate the cap. Let that guy hire his HC. Offensive, Defensive, College, Pro, Black, White, Asian, Hispanic or Native American coach. Hopefully someone adept at pregame plans and in game adjustments.

Link to post
Share on other sites
22 minutes ago, tl;dr said:

If we get on a roll with Morris, I may be okay keeping him. Not a gimme, but I would consider it. Biemeny is an interesting choice, but I have questions with him. Morris has been a HC before and is a lot safer, but may not have the upside of Biemeny.

Pretty much I don't know if we can make a decision until we see how the season plays out. If we make a run to the playoffs, I don't see how we don't keep Morris honestly. 

Gotta stop going with safe on our coaching hires. Smith was safe. Quinn was pretty safe. We need coaches with big upside. It would also be ideal to not have the offense learning a new playbook every couple of years and just continuing to master one. With the current state of the defense it’s gonna be a long fix so we need to squeeze everything we can from the offense. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, The Smart One said:

Gotta stop going with safe on our coaching hires. Smith was safe. Quinn was pretty safe. We need coaches with big upside. It would also be ideal to not have the offense learning a new playbook every couple of years and just continuing to master one. With the current state of the defense it’s gonna be a long fix so we need to squeeze everything we can from the offense. 

I would argue Smith and Quinn weren’t safe and were more upside hires. Neither had ever been a HC before and you hire them because you think they can become a good HC, not because they already are 

Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, FalconFanSince1970 said:

I still say hire a GM first. Preferably someone who has a knack for spotting talent at the college and pro level that won't acquiesce to Blank's explosive lifetime contracts. Someone who knows how to navigate the cap. Let that guy hire his HC. Offensive, defensive, college, pro, Black, White, Asian or Native American coach.

Why not do a coach GM pair like SF did with Shanny and Lynch

Link to post
Share on other sites

I think the time come for the Falcons to stop being Head Coach Training Central and get a coach with experience.  I've yet to see one that Blank & Company has hired be able to manage the clock and possessions which always seem to come back and bite us.  Who knows, maybe we might already have him but we probably won't know that until the end of the season. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, FalconFanSince1970 said:

I still say hire a GM first. Preferably someone who has a knack for spotting talent at the college and pro level that won't acquiesce to Blank's explosive lifetime contracts. Someone who knows how to navigate the cap. Let that guy hire his HC. Offensive, Defensive, College, Pro, Black, White, Asian or Native American coach. Hopefully someone adept at pregame plans and in game adjustments.

Agreed. I think we need a strong GM that won't be under McKay's thumb.

Link to post
Share on other sites
58 minutes ago, FalconFanSince1970 said:

Lynch and Shanny are 27-31 as a tandem. 4-6 in 2020 and flaming out. Looking up at their division.

I don't think they're done. Not sure other than injuries why they're struggling, but I think they'll come out of it, and I think the 49ers will be strong and relevant for years to come.

If I'm wrong, here's hoping we hire Shanny should we ever get the chance.

Link to post
Share on other sites
27 minutes ago, DriveHomeSafelyAtlantaWins said:

I don't think they're done. Not sure other than injuries why they're struggling, but I think they'll come out of it, and I think the 49ers will be strong and relevant for years to come.

If I'm wrong, here's hoping we hire Shanny should we ever get the chance.

They have a QB problem. Plus a division to deal with that knows how to play Shanny.

Could be losing some key pieces on the roster and coaching staff. Good luck.

Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, DriveHomeSafelyAtlantaWins said:

I don't think they're done. Not sure other than injuries why they're struggling, but I think they'll come out of it, and I think the 49ers will be strong and relevant for years to come.

If I'm wrong, here's hoping we hire Shanny should we ever get the chance.

Some say that Adam Peters is running the show and not Lynch. Idk. Peters with McDaniel could be a match. He’s also connected to Daboll, Martindale, Kubiak, and even Dennis Allen of the Saints.

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Atl Falcon said:

Just as soon keep Morris if he finishes the season on a winning a note. Still not convinced EB not riding possibly what could be one of the best QBs of all time and a HOF HC. He should be doing a great job with all that talent. 
I don’t have a problem with EB and he may end up being a great choice. Just give me the best HC candidate available regardless of skin color.....that should not be a factor one way or the other. If Morris can win 5 of the remaining gms I’d just as soon keep him unless another proven HC becomes available. 

It's not just random people talking out their A's though, people around the league agree that he is going to be a great coach. Just like I think Quinn brought some of our players down, I think EB may bring them up. I've done an awful lot of reading on him and have been swayed (I didn't originally want him for the same reasons you say). I also like the idea of Brady after reading what the league says about him too

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, DirtyBird2 said:

It's not just random people talking out their A's though, people around the league agree that he is going to be a great coach. Just like I think Quinn brought some of our players down, I think EB may bring them up. I've done an awful lot of reading on him and have been swayed (I didn't originally want him for the same reasons you say). I also like the idea of Brady after reading what the league says about him too

YeahI like Brady but EB to me is a TUFF read.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...