Notes: Ovie Shares Fondest Falcons Memory

• FalconsIn2012 changed the title to Notes: Ovie Shares Fondest Falcons Memory
31 minutes ago, FalconsIn2012 said:

This is pretty hilarious.  Legion of Room

I’m not connecting what this post had to do with the thread, but anyway...

As bad as Seahawks (and falcons, for that matter) D has been, someone’s patriots D has been even worse. :ninja:

https://www.footballoutsiders.com/stats/nfl/team-defense/2020

The Falcons defense has been stingy this year in the first 3 Quarters of the game, allowing just 16.2 ppg heading into the 4th quarter

Unfortunately, 102 of our 250 points allowed have come in the final 12 minutes of the game

If the 4th quarter defense was the same as Quarters 1-3 we would be allowing just 21.3 ppg, good for 8th in the NFL

5 hours ago, Vandy said:

I’m not connecting what this post had to do with the thread, but anyway...

As bad as Seahawks (and falcons, for that matter) D has been, someone’s patriots D has been even worse. :ninja:

https://www.footballoutsiders.com/stats/nfl/team-defense/2020

Patriots D has been pretty pathetic.  Surprising considering how much talent they back there, especially at safety.  They put 54 million into their secondary with 10 guys making over 1 million.  Oddly their best player this year at CB  is the one guy making less than 1 million

In 3 years JC Jackson has made 1.7 million and grabbed 14 INT’s.  Wonde if BB will pay the man

3 minutes ago, FalconsIn2012 said:

Patriots D has been pretty pathetic.  Surprising considering how much talent they back there, especially at safety.  They put 54 million into their secondary with 10 guys making over 1 million.  Oddly their best player this year at CB  is the one guy making less than 1 million

They were dominant a year ago. 

Even PFF saw it coming:

https://www.google.com/amp/s/profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2020/07/28/patriots-2020-defense-will-be-a-far-cry-from-2019/amp/

Ovie is such a nice guy. I have met him a couple times at the park with his kids. My daughter will play with his kids and it is funny to see him pretending to be a monster and chasing the kids around.

He is a Falcons guy through and through. He thanked me for my support of the team and we chatted for a while about our current team.

21 hours ago, FalconsIn2012 said:

I loved the pick when it was made and he looks to be a good one. I love corners with that toughness and fire. You can tell that AJ loves a challenge and doesn't backdown from anyone.

I know people love to hate on Lattimore, but look how he transformed that defense. I am hoping AJ can do the same for us.

On 11/18/2020 at 12:50 PM, FalconsIn2012 said:

@Ovie_Lover You will appreciate this

This is the very definition of the phrase "imposing our will" on a defense.   Morris used this phrase during one of his pressers.   Mike Smith used this term a -lot-.   

After three quarters of being pounded on by Turner Ovie and our O-line of thugs....only one of whom was a 1st round pick, while Turner was a former 4th rounder....opposing defenses were gassed, beat up and ready for that game to end.   In terms of TOP, the Falcons ruled.

Morriss appears to be wanting us to play that style of football.  What's needed is a big back like the guy playing for the Titans.  The Falcon's players could also use the mental toughness the Titans show every week.

17 hours ago, Jpg428gggg said:

Ovie is such a nice guy. I have met him a couple times at the park with his kids. My daughter will play with his kids and it is funny to see him pretending to be a monster and chasing the kids around.

He is a Falcons guy through and through. He thanked me for my support of the team and we chatted for a while about our current team.

That’s awesome. Ya love to hear it