Takk FAILED (More Times Than I Can Count)

• Replies 161
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

What a disaster! Probably failed the psych test portion of his physical!!!   Welp! *********************************** November 23rd   Las Vegas Raiders anyo

He would have failed a physical if traded nullifying any deal. A few of us mentioned that when folks were saying McKay was "letting him go for nothing"

Lol worst first round pick ever???? Not even close. The Falcons have many who were worse than that. 

Posted Images

Yes, Takk was the worst first rd pick in the History of the Falcons.. And I knew it the moment they called his name.. I have never been so mad at our Coach and GM for making such a blunder!!  I was ticked...:argh: Talk about a blind and dumb GM to allow this to happen..  The Wisdom of our GM took a holiday in the first round of that Draft.  :fuego:

1 hour ago, Draftnut57 said:

Yes, Takk was the worst first rd pick in the History of the Falcons.. And I knew it the moment they called his name.. I have never been so mad at our Coach and GM for making such a blunder!!  I was ticked...:argh: Talk about a blind and dumb GM to allow this to happen..  The Wisdom of our GM took a holiday in the first round of that Draft.  :fuego:

Lol worst first round pick ever???? Not even close. The Falcons have many who were worse than that. 

• Since1990 changed the title to Takk FAILED (More Times Than I Can Count)
On 11/21/2020 at 12:40 PM, Ergo Proxy said:

@AUTiger7222..............He was a far more effective player than Vic Beasley and Vic is netting us a comp pick. Injuries could push him to a 1 year prove it deal but even Vic basically got that because pass rushers get paid. And, we are due I believe a 5th if we are awarded for him....,,,

The difference is that Beasely at least put it together for one full season (16 sacks) to lead the NFL. Teams look st that and think they can replicate that with him on their team. Takk thru injury or attitude hasn’t managed to put 6 games together let alone 16. I agree he had talent but he was the epitome of wasted talent and not worth a big contract with his $&@“ed up attitude. 

On 11/21/2020 at 6:55 PM, Draftnut57 said:

I would say Jamaal Anderson 98 was a worse first Round DE draft pick

59 minutes ago, Brehus said:

I would say Jamaal Anderson 98 was a worse first Round DE draft pick

No way Anderson was worse than Takk. At least Anderson played for us and was good against the run. He just couldn't get a sack to save his life. Takk never played enough to even matter. He was a complete waste of a pick, time , and money. We got nothing out of him but headaches.

• Raiders placed DE Takk McKinley on injured reserve. 

After failing physicals for the Bengals and 49ers, McKinley landed on the Raiders roster, only to be placed on IR. The 2017 draft bust had just one sack in 85 snaps with Atlanta before being sidelined with a groin injury this season. McKinley has 17.5 sacks over his three-plus years in the league. 

Nov 27, 2020, 4:35 PM ET
4 minutes ago, dapanch420 said:

takk needs to grow up, hes gonna look back on this 10 years from now, when hes long out of the league and realized how bad he screwed up.

Possibly, but you are looking at the situation through your own eyes, and with your own idea of how to act "properly" in this world. He may not be able to do that, even in 10 years.

Given everything we've seen from him, plus the breakdowns he apparently had not too long ago, I think it's quite possible he suffers from a serious mental condition that causes him to be like this. Maybe he's bipolar, or has some sort of underlying schizophrenia going on. I dunno. But something definitely seems out of the ordinary with his behavior, and any time I've dealt with people like that, it always came back to a mental health issue... either undiagnosed or untreated.

I lost my best friend from high school to that kind of thing. He was one of the smartest, giving people I knew. He was always a little different growing up, but we always just thought he was quirky. He was one of those people who could figure anything out & could do anything they set their mind to, so he was always great to have around. He was a self-taught sound engineer & quickly went from a small 100 capacity venue to a 650 cap room to being inconstant demand by bands playing stadiums & spending several years on the road in tour busses all over the world. He seemed to have it made, reached a high level in his profession, and appeared to be living the life he wanted, but then things quickly started coming apart.

Something snapped in him & he suddenly didn't want to work as an engineer anymore. Over a short span of time, he changed from a dude who would do anything to help someone into one of the most self-isolated, selfish people I've seen. It was unsettling. He sold his apartment & most of his belongings, and started sleeping in a van in friends' yards. He refused to get a job, saying that working a job was for suckers, and that owning a home was, too. To me it just seemed like he suddenly had some major issues with committing to anything, but I now know it was probably much deeper than that.

He was convinced he had the entire world figured out and that all the rest of us were idiots. He radiated negative energy & caused an uncomfortable anxiety any time he was around. Things got very bad between us for a while, and we went about 3 years without speaking to each other.

After a long silence, I met up with him a few years ago and there was a brief period where he still wouldn't get his own place, but he did start going to school again. While he still seemed like whatever was going on with his mental health was still bubbling just below the surface, there was a good bit of the old version of him shining through. I assumed maybe he was getting help via medication or therapy, but I didn't want to pry... especially since it had been ages since we had been in touch. I was just happy at the thought of having something closer to the dude I knew when I was younger back in my life.

Unfortunately, that was short-lived. Despite efforts on my part to stay connected, he built up a wall. Eventually the odd behavior came back in full force & his physical & mental self-isolation became more extreme. The distance between us seemed farther than ever, and I became fully ware there was absolutely nothing I could ever do to change that.

As unclear as a sane person would view his perspective, that fact was he had made up his mind. No matter what I felt, he believed in his delusions 100%.

There was no coming back for our friendship at that point. It's been another 3 years since we last spoke & I don't think he'll ever be capable of looking back on this stuff in 10 year, or ever, and truly feel like he was in the wrong. His mental state just won't allow that to happen, not with any consistency anyhow.

So when I see the way Takk behaves, I'm reminded of all this. And thus, I don't think he'll ever be able to look at it in any other way than he does now... no matter how obviously immature, irresponsible, etc. it seems to everyone else.

Tommy Nobis* Linebacker Texas  
1966 15 Randy Johnson Quarterback Texas A&M–Kingsville  
1967 No pick [a]
1968 3 Claude Humphrey Defensive end Tennessee State  
1969 2 George Kunz Offensive tackle Notre Dame  
1970 12 John Small Linebacker The Citadel  
1971 7 Joe Profit Running back Louisiana–Monroe  
1972 15 Clarence Ellis Safety Notre Dame  
1973 No pick [b]
1974 No pick [c]
1975 1 Steve Bartkowski * Quarterback California [d]
1976 9 Bubba Bean Running back Texas A&M  
1977 6 Warren Bryant Offensive tackle Kentucky  
1977 20 Wilson Faumuina Defensive tackle San Jose State [e]
1978 13 Mike Kenn Offensive tackle Michigan  
1979 17 Don Smith Defensive end Miami (FL)  
1980 7 Junior Miller Tight end Nebraska  
1981 25 Bobby Butler Cornerback Florida State  
1982 9 Gerald Riggs Running back Arizona State  
1983 16 Mike Pitts Defensive end Alabama  
1984 9 Rick Bryan Defensive tackle Oklahoma  
1985 2 Bill Fralic Offensive tackle Pittsburgh [f]
1986 2 Tony Casillas Defensive tackle Oklahoma  
1986 17 Tim Green Linebacker Syracuse [g]
1987 12 Chris Miller Quarterback Oregon  
1988 1 Aundray Bruce * Linebacker Auburn  
1989 5 Deion Sanders Cornerback Florida State  
1989 27 Shawn Collins Wide receiver Northern Arizona [h]
1990 20 Steve Broussard Running back Washington State [i][j]
1991 3 Bruce Pickens Cornerback Nebraska  
1991 13 Mike Pritchard Wide receiver Colorado [i]
1992 8 Bob Whitfield Offensive tackle Stanford [k]
1992 19 Tony Smith Running back Southern Miss  
1993 9 Lincoln Kennedy Offensive tackle Washington  
1994 No pick [l]
1995 26 Devin Bush Sr. Safety Florida State [m]
1996 No pick [l]
1997 11 Michael Booker Cornerback Nebraska [n]
1998 12 Keith Brooking Linebacker Georgia Tech  
1999 30 Patrick Kerney Defensive end Virginia  
2000 No pick [o]
2001 1 Michael Vick * Quarterback Virginia Tech [p]
2002 18 T. J. Duckett Running back Michigan State [q]
2003 No pick [r]
2004 8 DeAngelo Hall Cornerback Virginia Tech  
2004 29 Michael Jenkins Wide receiver Ohio State [s]
2005 27 Roddy White Wide receiver UAB  
2006 No pick [t]
2007 8 Jamaal Anderson Defensive end Arkansas [u]
2008 3 Matt Ryan Quarterback Boston College  
2008 21 Sam Baker Offensive tackle USC [v]
2009 24 Peria Jerry Defensive tackle Ole Miss  
2010 19 Sean Weatherspoon Linebacker Missouri  
2011 6 Julio Jones Wide receiver Alabama [w]
2012 No pick [w]
2013 22 Desmond Trufant Cornerback Washington [x]
2014 6 Jake Matthews Offensive tackle Texas A&M  
2015 8 Vic Beasley Outside Linebacker Clemson  
2016 17 Keanu Neal Strong Safety Florida  
2017 26 Takkarist McKinley Defensive End UCLA [y]
2018 26 Calvin Ridley Wide Receiver Alabama  
2019 14 Chris Lindstrom Offensive Guard Boston College  
2019 31 Kaleb McGary Offensive Tackle Washington [z]
2020 16 A.J. Terrell Cornerback Clemson

Lots of bad first round picks here 

51 minutes ago, Aluminafalcon said:

I remember when we thought we got a steal in jimmy Williams in the second round ( we had traded our first but Mora claimed he would have taken in the first if we had the pick)

I still can't get over taking Michael Booker in 1997. Dan Reeves was obsessed with tight ends so naturally he passed on Tony Gonzalez to pick Booker. Then he traded countless draft picks over the years for guys like O.J. Santiago and Reggie Kelly. Ugh!!  That 1997 draft was downright brutal.

Screenshot 2020-11-28 140042.png

6 hours ago, THEHEADCOACH said:

No way Anderson was worse than Takk. At least Anderson played for us and was good against the run. He just couldn't get a sack to save his life. Takk never played enough to even matter. He was a complete waste of a pick, time , and money. We got nothing out of him but headaches.

Anderson was worse by far....he was he was usually banged up, and game by game comparison is not even close;

Jam in 60 games;

- 4.5 sacks

- 12 TFL’s

- 19 Qb hits

———-

Tak in 49;

- 17 sacks

- 22 TFL’s

- 45 QB hits

————