Takk FAILED (More Times Than I Can Count)

1 minute ago, Ergo Proxy said:

Or maybe all people are wrong at sometimes because we all have been?

Besides, Falcons could have IR’d him and said go home and possibly gotten something from comp pick process. Projecting not having him sign for anything possibly leading to a comp pick is the only reason to cut him instead of IR from a pure capital approach; seeing as he was not tradable.

I can fully admit I'm wrong and I do it all the time. The problem is the group on here that bash everything the Falcons do because "they're smarter and know better" than the people running things. That's the problem. It's the same group that ***** and moan and complain about every single thing the Falcons do and when they are proven to be absolutely 110% they can't admit that they're wrong and not as smart as they think they are.

Like I said before, getting rid of a bad apple that was causing issues in the locker room is MORE IMPORTANT than some lousy 6th round pick. The vast majority of 6th round picks never even play in a real NFL game. People are acting like we could have gotten a 3rd or 4th for Takk when that's clearly not the case. He's gonna sign some 1 year deal somewhere and more than likely get hurt AGAIN and play only a handful of games and not even qualify for a comp pick. They only hand out 32 or so comp picks every year and on field production is a major part of the formula. People are forgetting how bad of a player Takk is when he's actually on the field. Doesn't surprise me since he's rarely ever on the field.

• Replies 161
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

What a disaster! Probably failed the psych test portion of his physical!!!   Welp! *********************************** November 23rd   Las Vegas Raiders anyo

He would have failed a physical if traded nullifying any deal. A few of us mentioned that when folks were saying McKay was "letting him go for nothing"

Lol worst first round pick ever???? Not even close. The Falcons have many who were worse than that. 

Posted Images

2 hours ago, stizz said:

Blank and Quinn have once again deprived the team of competitive football by having the team essentially eliminated from playoff contention by October.

Let the fans vent. Draft season is fun, but not so much when you're doing scouting reports before the year ends.

You’re a funny one.

@AUTiger7222Disagree strongly. Takk on the field was still our best DE. Trouble is his injury history as you say. If it weren’t for that, he’d probably have a better market if he were to hit UFA next year if we didn’t cut him.

Yeah, Takk sorta forced the Falcons hand and there aren’t many “guaranteed” comp picks necessarily, but they did remove all chance of having a shot.

I mean, just look at all the teams trying to get him off waivers; even with his injury history.

He was a far more effective player than Vic Beasley and Vic is netting us a comp pick. Injuries could push him to a 1 year prove it deal but even Vic basically got that because pass rushers get paid. And, we are due I believe a 5th if we are awarded for him.

So, from a pure capital management standpoint it’s a sacrifice to make the statement. 6th rounders do matter. Takk could have been on IR and sent home. Just saying...

15 minutes ago, Ergo Proxy said:

@AUTiger7222Disagree strongly. Takk on the field was still our best DE. Trouble is his injury history as you say. If it weren’t for that, he’d probably have a better market if he were to hit UFA next year if we didn’t cut him.

Yeah, Takk sorta forced the Falcons hand and there aren’t many “guaranteed” comp picks necessarily, but they did remove all chance of having a shot.

I mean, just look at all the teams trying to get him off waivers; even with his injury history.

He was a far more effective player than Vic Beasley and Vic is netting us a comp pick. Injuries could push him to a 1 year prove it deal but even Vic basically got that because pass rushers get paid. And, we are due I believe a 5th if we are awarded for him.

So, from a pure capital management standpoint it’s a sacrifice to make the statement. 6th rounders do matter. Takk could have been on IR and sent home. Just saying...

Takk has only played in 4 games this year. If he only plays in 4 games next year he won't get the Falcons a comp pick. Also, last time I checked comp picks for the 2021 NFL draft have yet to be announced.

14 minutes ago, AUTiger7222 said:

Takk has only played in 4 games this year. If he only plays in 4 games next year he won't get the Falcons a comp pick. Also, last time I checked comp picks for the 2021 NFL draft have yet to be announced.

Projections are usually on the right track; especially now later in the season. You might miss the cut if it looks to be fringe already or a round may change but we pretty much are getting 3 picks unless something happens unexpectedly.

Already agreed on his injury trouble.

In a handful of plays, Takk made more impact than Fowler as a rusher...who also has injury trouble. :doh: 

The core issue for Takk has been physical health. It’s sad to see it turn his character more sour. I don’t think he came in the league this way but it’s primed to go south with the generation growing up now and it sounds like his background was tough.

40 minutes ago, Ergo Proxy said:

We are getting a comp pick for Beasley?  Didn't the Titans cut him?  

56 minutes ago, Ergo Proxy said:

Or maybe everyone is wrong sometimes because we all have been? That’s a little less harsh to me.

Besides, Falcons could have IR’d him and said go home and possibly gotten something from comp pick process. Projecting not having him sign for anything possibly leading to a comp pick is the only reason to cut him instead of IR from a pure capital approach; seeing as he was not tradable.

Valuing making a statement over a possible 6th rounder... :shrug:

Yep!  

Just now, Mescalito said:

I have a cold and am on some cold medicine and I think it's messing with me cause I've honestly forgotten how comp picks work now.

Here's a good breakdown if you are conscious enough lol

https://overthecap.com/the-basics-and-methodology-of-projecting-the-nfls-compensatory-draft-picks/

5 hours ago, Ergo Proxy said:

You are doing exactly what he is talking about from the other Takk threads, speculating.  There are rules in place for injuries.  Could Takk have been put on IR?  None of us know the extent of his injury.  Plus no one knows what Takk did or said behind closed doors after he was fined.  There are many things in play here that none of us know.

12 hours ago, Xyfiel said:

You are doing exactly what he is talking about from the other Takk threads, speculating.  There are rules in place for injuries.  Could Takk have been put on IR?  None of us know the extent of his injury.  Plus no one knows what Takk did or said behind closed doors after he was fined.  There are many things in play here that none of us know.

And that’s why the forums exist. :tiphat:

20 hours ago, Ergo Proxy said:

look at all the teams trying to get him off waivers....All 2 of them

• Since1990 changed the title to Takk FAILED (More Times Than I Can Count)