Devondre comp pick may move from a 6th to a 5th

28 minutes ago, Snozberies17 said:

I haven't watched any ARZ games yet this year —  guessing he is playing pretty good if the comp is moving up a round.  Anyone seen him play?  Is Arizona using him differently than we were?

Watch the cards v bills game. Great game and amazing finish in an otherwise horrible week of games. Cards use Campbell inside and he is a solid yet unspectacular mlb for them. Pretty much the same as what he was here except we used him outside. Tbh letting him go was a good thing and I’ll credit TD because Foye is a much better difference maker at Olb and like Hurst is a cheaper upgrade with more upside than his predecessor 

49 minutes ago, Snozberies17 said:

I haven't watched any ARZ games yet this year —  guessing he is playing pretty good if the comp is moving up a round.  Anyone seen him play?  Is Arizona using him differently than we were?

He seems pretty much the same to me, I live down in Az now and have seen most of their games.  He flashes here and there but mostly goes unnoticed.  Like primetime said, not sad he was let walk.

12 hours ago, GrimeyKidd said:

I know not to put too much stock into pff grades but he has a 49.8 grade on the season

I hate to say this but he seems to have a classic case of the Brookings - lots of pile on tackles which are good for the stat sheets but not really effective overall. I really didn’t mind Keith overall but I also never got him confused with The Hammer. Foye is easily outplaying him this year and is hands down our most improved player on last year. 

4 hours ago, primetime said:

I hate to say this but he seems to have a classic case of the Brookings - lots of pile on tackles which are good for the stat sheets but not really effective overall. I really didn’t mind Keith overall but I also never got him confused with The Hammer. Foye is easily outplaying him this year and is hands down our most improved player on last year. 

Don't mean to derail, but always wondered where that notion about Brooking came from. Per Pro-Football-Reference, for his career he was greater than 3:1 solos:assists in the tackle column and went to five Pro Bowls. He was a very good linebacker.

image.png.62fb1f9eafb0d86f0ef4dce75212ba71.png

26 minutes ago, direwolf said:

Don't mean to derail, but always wondered where that notion about Brooking came from. Per Pro-Football-Reference, for his career he was greater than 3:1 solos:assists in the tackle column and went to five Pro Bowls. He was a very good linebacker.

image.png.62fb1f9eafb0d86f0ef4dce75212ba71.png

People forget how good he was for us because of how he looked towards the end of his career. Everyone remembers the play vs. Arizona in the playoffs and add on the fact that he went to the Cowboys and celebrated after making a big play. The guy was a very good player for us and played his butt off while here. No complaints here.

38 minutes ago, Jpg428gggg said:

People forget how good he was for us because of how he looked towards the end of his career. Everyone remembers the play vs. Arizona in the playoffs and add on the fact that he went to the Cowboys and celebrated after making a big play. The guy was a very good player for us and played his butt off while here. No complaints here.

Guilty as charged! I still wake up with nightmares of Brookings biting on that 3rd down.... I need help.  Like Austin Hooper, I really like Campbell and will continue to hope good things come their way. Definitely the right decision to let them walk.

4 hours ago, vel said:

I remember people swearing Campbell was a good LB here. He is athletic with very little awareness. Every time Foye stepped in the game, he looked better because he just didn't do stupid stuff. So glad they didn't bring 59 back. 

Yeah, it was funny because that was the knock on him coming out of school. I drank the coolaid on him and thought he was way better than he was. With Foye starting now, it is easier to realize how much of a problem Campbell was.

On 11/17/2020 at 1:40 PM, primetime said:

Watch the cards v bills game. Great game and amazing finish in an otherwise horrible week of games. Cards use Campbell inside and he is a solid yet unspectacular mlb for them. Pretty much the same as what he was here except we used him outside. Tbh letting him go was a good thing and I’ll credit TD because Foye is a much better difference maker at Olb and like Hurst is a cheaper upgrade with more upside than his predecessor 

Also the LBer we drafted this year wasn't too shabby either, so I'll take that fifth rounder. One of the better decisions TD made. Thing with Campbell is he made alot of stupid decisions and we had a simple playbook. 

4 hours ago, vel said:

I remember people swearing Campbell was a good LB here. He is athletic with very little awareness. Every time Foye stepped in the game, he looked better because he just didn't do stupid stuff. So glad they didn't bring 59 back. 

Mostly Athell, Ovie, and FFS1970 lol...he pissed me off with all the blown coverages, and missed tackles. Do not miss. 

On 11/17/2020 at 1:08 PM, Snozberies17 said:

He's been the same as he was here. Not much of an impact guy IMO, struggles in coverage isn't much of a factor against the run. I've watched like three Cards games and haven't really noticed him at all. 

Edited by Dr Long Shot
7 hours ago, Jpg428gggg said:

I think even at his peak he was just a tad overrated by the media. Still, super solid LBer for the Falcons for a long time, and yea, he wasn't as good after he turned 30 and a lot of people remember those lesser years and forget dude made so many plays for so many years before that... then the shenanigans after he left just pretty much cemented the poor reputation he had built up the last few years of his career. Still you look at his career objectively and he's basically Jessie Tuggle. Sad that one is loved and the other disregarded or hated. 

2 hours ago, Jpg428gggg said:

Yeah, it was funny because that was the knock on him coming out of school. I drank the coolaid on him and thought he was way better than he was. With Foye starting now, it is easier to realize how much of a problem Campbell was.

So much of a problem. It's fine as a rookie, because they were rookie mistakes. But when he was a 3rd and 4th year vet making the same mistakes, I cooled on him quickly. 

On 11/17/2020 at 2:58 PM, athell said:

He seems pretty much the same to me, I live down in Az now and have seen most of their games.  He flashes here and there but mostly goes unnoticed.  Like primetime said, not sad he was let walk.

He's been very solid for them. Not a playmaker though

3 hours ago, Dr Long Shot said:

I think even at his peak he was just a tad overrated by the media. Still, super solid LBer for the Falcons for a long time, and yea, he wasn't as good after he turned 30 and a lot of people remember those lesser years and forget dude made so many plays for so many years before that... then the shenanigans after he left just pretty much cemented the poor reputation he had built up the last few years of his career. Still you look at his career objectively and he's basically Jessie Tuggle. Sad that one is loved and the other disregarded or hated. 

Yeah, he probably was. He was a great story though. Local kid who wasn’t really recruited and walked on at GT. Worked his tail off and became a 1st round pick for his home team. He was the type of player that everyone could rally around. His weaknesses were highlighted more because we have never been able to build a defense. No matter the coaching staff our defense has been towards the bottom half of the league.