The Vikings are 4-5, Bears are 5-5, and...

11 hours ago, Mr.11 said:

Baker Mayfield told Nick Chubb not to score in the huddle to close out the game.

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2020/11/15/baker-mayfield-told-nick-chubb-not-to-score-in-the-huddle/amp/#aoh=16056228532563&referrer=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.google.com&amp_tf=From %1%24s

It's not an uncommon strategy to run the ball and stop just short of the goal line to run the clock out. Anyway, it's water under the bridge at this point.

A lot has changed in the past 4 weeks. Turns out the Vikings aren't trash. They've won 4 straight since getting hammered by the Falcons, including a blowout win over the Packers in Green Bay. 

The Bears are coming back down to earth, which has seeding implications for the Falcons if they continue to win out.

The Packers aren't that good, and the Seahawks just lost their second straight game. The Saints are without Drew Brees for at least a month. The Bucs still don't look that impressive.

Falcons take care of their business, and they have a shot to make the playoffs.

If Chubb score that last td, my fantasy team would been a lock for playoffs, but now I have to struggle and win out now smh

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Baker Mayfield told Nick Chubb not to score in the huddle to close out the game. https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2020/11/15/baker-mayfield-told-nick-chubb-not-to-score-in-the-huddle/amp/#ao

Just imagine if we we didn’t choke 3 games 

I don't understand this.  I want a competitive team.  I want wins.  I want a Lombardi.  I am not clamoring to keep RM or get him out.  I want a winner.  Why do you hope RM only sees limited succe

21 minutes ago, TheFatboi said:

This is what I was saying yesterday. There is a tiny scenario where we can make the playoffs. Especially if they add an 8th seed. Mathematically we’re not out yet tho we have a tall hill to climb. I don’t give up on playoffs until we’re mathematically eliminated. No matter how hopeless it may seem/be. 

Correct. I've been saying the same thing. Our only disagreement was in the Falcons chances of making it as a WC team. I thought it would be much much much harder to make it as a WC team.

11 hours ago, Mr.11 said:

A lot has changed in the past 4 weeks. Turns out the Vikings aren't trash

they had two 1 pt losses before playing this team. A play here and there, they could have been 3-2 going into that game. And their 3 straight wins are against division opponents, those games can always get weird so you sometimes have to throw out records

10 minutes ago, AUTiger7222 said:

Correct. I've been saying the same thing. Our only disagreement was in the Falcons chances of making it as a WC team. I thought it would be much much much harder to make it as a WC team.

Yea. I think the wildcard scenario is the easiest route because I don’t think we can topple both the saints and bucs one of them maybe and that’s looking like possibly the saints. I don’t think we can win the division but if we can pass one of those teams we can possibly get a wildcard. We own the tiebreaker on Minny and if Chicago keeps sliding and Detroit hits a skid we can jump all of them to the 8th seed if they allow it. As it stands the bucs own the 1st WC slot. We’d need a lot of help but I think that’s our best shot. Don’t see us winning the division. Also need one of the cards or rams to slide as well. Or maybe Seattle since their defense is dead last. Arizona is leading the west. 

16 minutes ago, TheFatboi said:

Yea. I think the wildcard scenario is the easiest route because I don’t think we can topple both the saints and bucs one of them maybe and that’s looking like possibly the saints. I don’t think we can win the division but if we can pass one of those teams we can possibly get a wildcard. We own the tiebreaker on Minny and if Chicago keeps sliding and Detroit hits a skid we can jump all of them to the 8th seed if they allow it. As it stands the bucs own the 1st WC slot. We’d need a lot of help but I think that’s our best shot. Don’t see us winning the division. Also need one of the cards or rams to slide as well. Or maybe Seattle since their defense is dead last. Arizona is leading the west. 

Seattle's remaining schedule is extremely weak.

• Week 11 - vs. Cardinals
  • Week 12 - at Eagles
  • Week 13 - vs. Giants
  • Week 14 - vs. Jets
  • Week 15 - at Washington
  • Week 16 - vs. Rams
  • Week 17 - at 49ers

The only games I see them losing is the Cardinals and maybe the Rams. That puts them at 11-5 and in the playoffs.

Rams

• Week 11 - at Buccaneers
  • Week 12 - vs. 49ers
  • Week 13 - at Cardinals
  • Week 14 - vs. Patriots
  • Week 15 - vs. Jets
  • Week 16 - at Seahawks
  • Week 17 - vs. Cardinals

Rams schedule has the Buccaneers, Cardinals (Twice) and Seahawks games they could lose. Maybe even the Patriots if their last two games are a sign that Belichick has turned the ship around.

Cardinals

• Week 11 - at Seahawks
  • Week 12 - at Patriots
  • Week 13 - vs. Rams
  • Week 14 - at Giants
  • Week 15 - vs. Eagles
  • Week 16 - vs. 49ers
  • Week 17 - at Rams

Cardinals could lose to the Seahawks, Patriots, Rams (Twice).

The problem is the number of remaining divisional games in the NFC West. Those teams are gonna beat up on each other and that will keep them all in the hunt. I don't see any of those 3 teams going on a losing streak and falling out of the playoffs.

The biggest thing is the Falcons don't need a 3 or 4 way tie. If that happens then all those conference losses pushes them down the list. They need a HTH tiebreaker against the Vikings or just flat out beat them.

That is why I think it's easier for the Falcons to win the division. I think the Falcons can handle their business against the Saints and Bucs. I don't think either the Saints or Bucs are nearly as good as folks make them out to be. I've seen both just continue to squeak by opponents that they should be beating handily.

Edited by AUTiger7222
3 minutes ago, AUTiger7222 said:

Seattle's remaining schedule is extremely weak.

• Week 11 - vs. Cardinals
  • Week 12 - at Eagles
  • Week 13 - vs. Giants
  • Week 14 - vs. Jets
  • Week 15 - at Washington
  • Week 16 - vs. Rams
  • Week 17 - at 49ers

The only games I see them losing is the Cardinals and maybe the Rams. That puts them at 11-5 and in the playoffs.

Rams

• Week 11 - at Buccaneers
  • Week 12 - vs. 49ers
  • Week 13 - at Cardinals
  • Week 14 - vs. Patriots
  • Week 15 - vs. Jets
  • Week 16 - at Seahawks
  • Week 17 - vs. Cardinals

Rams schedule has the Buccaneers, Cardinals (Twice) and Seahawks games they could lose. Maybe even the Patriots if their last two games are a sign that Belichick has turned the ship around.

Cardinals

• Week 11 - at Seahawks
  • Week 12 - at Patriots
  • Week 13 - vs. Rams
  • Week 14 - at Giants
  • Week 15 - vs. Eagles
  • Week 16 - vs. 49ers
  • Week 17 - at Rams

Cardinals could lose to the Seahawks, Patriots, Rams (Twice).

The problem is the number of remaining divisional games in the NFC West. Those teams are gonna beat up on each other and that will keep them all in the hunt. I don't see any of those 3 teams going on a losing streak and falling out of the playoffs.

The biggest thing is the Falcons don't need a 3 or 4 way tie. If that happens then all those conference losses pushes them down the list. They need a HTH tiebreaker against the Vikings or just flat out beat them.

That is why I think it's easier for the Falcons to win the division. I think the Falcons can handle their business against the Saints and Bucs. I don't think either the Saints or Bucs are nearly as good as folks make them out to be. I've seen both just continue to squeak by opponents that they should be beating handily.

If they can win out I can see that. Just beating the bucs and saints twice won’t be enough. That’ll put the bucs at 5 losses but we’d still be a game behind them. Puts the saints at 4 losses and we’re 2 games behind them. Both teams would have to go on a serious skid and that I don’t see happening either. And I also don’t look at schedules either. A 3 win team can literally whip a playoff bound team. Like in 2016 thanks to the cardinals who were going nowhere beating the Seahawks helping us jump from 6th seed to 2 seed. Win loss records mean nothing to me in the nfl. I mean do you think teams look at us and say easy win? No they don’t. Cause we have Matt, Julio, and Ridley. Even tho we’re 3-6. We beat the niners and saints last year and was 1-7 when that run started. That’s why I’m not looking at the Seahawks having a so called weak schedule. Means nothing. If the falcons can start 1-7 and finish 7-9 easy wins don’t exist. You hear every year about a team that was going nowhere spoiling the playoffs for a team that was. But at the end of the day we have to win these remaining games to even have a shot either way. 

Sorry for being Captain Obvious but if the Falcons can somehow finish 9-7, then there is a path. I can definitely see Zona finishing 8-8 and Rams 9-7, with Seattle winning the Division. GB win theirs and NO and TB get the other two spots. Chicago won't finish better than 8-8.

But the Falcons literally have to win every game until the road game at KC to give this wet dream a chance.

19 minutes ago, TheFatboi said:

If they can win out I can see that. Just beating the bucs and saints twice won’t be enough. That’ll put the bucs at 5 losses but we’d still be a game behind them. Puts the saints at 4 losses and we’re 2 games behind them. Both teams would have to go on a serious skid and that I don’t see happening either. And I also don’t look at schedules either. A 3 win team can literally whip a playoff bound team. Like in 2016 thanks to the cardinals who were going nowhere beating the Seahawks helping us jump from 6th seed to 2 seed. Win loss records mean nothing to me in the nfl. I mean do you think teams look at us and say easy win? No they don’t. Cause we have Matt, Julio, and Ridley. Even tho we’re 3-6. We beat the niners and saints last year and was 1-7 when that run started. That’s why I’m not looking at the Seahawks having a so called weak schedule. Means nothing. If the falcons can start 1-7 and finish 7-9 easy wins don’t exist. You hear every year about a team that was going nowhere spoiling the playoffs for a team that was. But at the end of the day we have to win these remaining games to even have a shot either way. 

There's definitely no such thing as "easy" wins or games. I've been beating that drum and the Jaguars nearly taking down the Packers on Sunday proved that once again. Saints and Bucs aren't playing well right now. The Falcons are. Cardinals are playing the best of the NFC West teams.

11 hours ago, rcky_mtn_falcon said:

This is something that has bothered me about the Falcons game "strategy" explanation since the week of the Detroit game and I have yet to see anyone else call them out.

Look at the spot of the ball, look at the down and distance. They claim Gurley was supposed to get the first down and then get down. How the **** do you get a first down when it's 1st and goal and under 10 yards to the goal line ? You can't and the argument is completely moronic. Everyone on the team should have a better awareness of down and distance if they think there was any way to "get a first and get down."

The smart move is to take a knee twice run the clock to 3 seconds, use your last time out, kick a field goal and go home.

Admittedly the defense has to be far better than they are, but we know what the defense is capable of which is why you NEVER put the game in their hands.

no, it was first down, with a minute twelve seconds left. it wasn't about 'get the first down' it was about get down and run the clock out, kick the FG win the game. scored with too much time on the clock, and our D couldn't keep them from scoring

I mean it was hashed out and rehashed that week, why not just take a knee 3 times, back up 3 or 4 yards and kick it then? who knows, we Falconed that up, no surprises there are there?

Start looking at your Vegas Point Spread. 2 games come to mind this past week. Cleveland were 4 point favs and we're up 3. Opponent had no timeouts, and we have pretty much went up 10. Chubb ran out of bounds. Arizona were 2.5 point favs. The Hail Murray gave them a 2 point lead, with 1 second left on the clock. Instead of them kicking the PAT to make it a 3 point game. They took a knee.