Are we actually worse off having to face Winston instead of Brees?

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

drew would pick us apart love facing jamis

Have you guys paid attention to the way Jameis Winston has carved up the Falcons over the years?  

Winston didn't look all that impressive during that 2nd half he played.   I think the Falcons need to  blitz Winston and force him into mistakes. Also, don't fall for the none of the Taysom

Posted Images

1 hour ago, Osiruz said:

That's one thing we are terrible at and I've seen teams like the Niners defend Hill better. They know he is either running or throwing a pass when he is in, and we somehow always forget he is on the Field. Saints offense is build around him, Kamara, and Thomas. 

Confused Judge Reinhold GIF - Find & Share on GIPHY

The qb...is either gonna run or pass you say...huh...

2 hours ago, Osiruz said:

That's one thing we are terrible at and I've seen teams like the Niners defend Hill better. They know he is either running or throwing a pass when he is in, and we somehow always forget he is on the Field. Saints offense is build around him, Kamara, and Thomas. 

Isn't that literally every QB?

Yes. Winstons unpredictability is harder to play against than Brees at this point. We’ve done well containing Brees the last few games we’ve played him while Winston has historically carved us up. I’m not sure where the idea that we’ve done well against Winston is coming from. Yes he’s thrown INTs on us like he does everyone else but he’s also thrown 23 TDs in his last 7 games to 8 INTs against the Falcons. That’s pretty ******* good if you ask me. 

24 minutes ago, Atlantafan21 said:

Yes. Winstons unpredictability is harder to play against than Brees at this point. We’ve done well containing Brees the last few games we’ve played him while Winston has historically carved us up. I’m not sure where the idea that we’ve done well against Winston is coming from. Yes he’s thrown INTs on us like he does everyone else but he’s also thrown 23 TDs in his last 7 games to 8 INTs against the Falcons. That’s pretty ******* good if you ask me. 

Exactly. Winston only has like 5 games in his whole career with 4 TD passes and like 3 of them are against the Falcons. He's thrown 25 TD's in 9 games against the Falcons. We're talking like 50 TD pass territory over a full season. It's ridiculous how awful the Falcons have played against him. 4-5 record says that too.

4 minutes ago, nomak said:

For sure will test our corners. 

Yep, But I don't know if Payton will have Winston ready to constantly take shots down field though. The Saints offense a changed quite a bit. They now thrive off of short and dump off passes. I don't think they have a weapon that can really take the top off of defenses anymore.

Didn't really see Payton get aggressive with Winston the second half he played so I'm not sure if he will or how aggressive he'll let Winston be in his 1st game starting for the Saints.

...... that's if Winston is named the starter because how much are they paying Taysom Hill just to be a gadget player instead of an actual QB now?

3 hours ago, DonOfThemBirds said:

Yep, But I don't know if Payton will have Winston ready to constantly take shots down field though. The Saints offense a changed quite a bit. They now thrive off of short and dump off passes. I don't think they have a weapon that can really take the top off of defenses anymore.

Didn't really see Payton get aggressive with Winston the second half he played so I'm not sure if he will or how aggressive he'll let Winston be in his 1st game starting for the Saints.

...... that's if Winston is named the starter because how much are they paying Taysom Hill just to be a gadget player instead of an actual QB now?

They only do that because Brees doesn't have the arm strength to push the ball down field like he used to.

I can almost guarantee that philosophy changes with Winston taking the snaps. Payton will challenge the secondary deep with Winston, and why not? The Falcons have been susceptible to the big play deep.

6 minutes ago, Mr.11 said:

They only do that because Brees doesn't have the arm strength to push the ball down field like he used to.

I can almost guarantee that philosophy changes with Winston taking the snaps. Payton will challenge the secondary deep with Winston, and why not? The Falcons have been susceptible to the big play deep.

The Falcons are probably gonna get beat deep a few time anyway by just being aggressive blitzing.

Even though I expect Payton to open it up more now with Winston at QB, I still think they are built more for the short possession pass game personnel wise with Thomas, Kamara, and Cook.

Taysom Hill is gonna be the biggest X factor because teams still for some reason have a hard time stopping his 2 or 3 plays that he does.

3 hours ago, Vandy said:

Is Michael Thomas still out? TAFT loves minimizing his importance, but he’s actually more important to that offense than whether either Brees/Winston are the QB. 

@Iron Saint

As pointed out, he did play the last two games against the Buccaneers and 49ers.

His snap count is starting to reach normal levels after playing 55% of snaps in the TB game, then 78% against SF.

Anytime you replace a HOF QB with a back up it is a step down. With that said, Brees is a shell of his former self and beats you with the short passing game that Payton designed around Thomas and Kamera.

Will be interesting to see how Payton calls the game with the arm talent Winston has. I don’t see it impacting their offense too much if Thomas is playing. It will still be a tough game.