Are we actually worse off having to face Winston instead of Brees?

So, Brees is most likely not going to play Sunday for NO given he has a collapsed lung and broken ribs.  If he does play, I am sure the officials would serve as his extra lineman and penalize any Falcon that breathes on him.

However, instead we are instead likely to face our good old nemesis Jameis Winston who always seems to play terrible against every other team but us.  These career games against us, though, have been while Quinn was in charge.

Has our pass rush improved enough to contain Jameis now?  Has Jameis improved any since becoming a Saint?  Will he be so underutilized and rusty that he might be an interception machine?  Will the Saints be rusty not having their dinky-dunk QB around?

Are the Falcons better off facing Winston or Brees?

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

drew would pick us apart love facing jamis

Have you guys paid attention to the way Jameis Winston has carved up the Falcons over the years?  

Winston didn't look all that impressive during that 2nd half he played.   I think the Falcons need to  blitz Winston and force him into mistakes. Also, don't fall for the none of the Taysom

Posted Images

8 minutes ago, UGABOZ said:

drew would pick us apart

love facing jamis

6 minutes ago, The Great American said:

Give me Winston everyday of the week and twice on Sunday.  Could be the end of an era but we may have already seen Drew Brees for the last time. 

Have you guys paid attention to the way Jameis Winston has carved up the Falcons over the years?

Screenshot 2020-11-15 184518.png

Winston didn't look all that impressive during that 2nd half he played.

I think the Falcons need to  blitz Winston and force him into mistakes. Also, don't fall for the none of the Taysom Hill stuff. When he's on the field he usually gets the ball no matter if he's at receiver or a QB draw.

Just now, DonOfThemBirds said:

Sean Payton's offense is different than Koetter's or Arians.

Let's see how well Winston does in his 1st full game under Payton.

We'll see, I have no idea what we'll see from him. It was clear yesterday that Payton didn't have much faith in him but that may be different with a full week to get Winston ready to start.

42 minutes ago, AUTiger7222 said:

We'll see, I have no idea what we'll see from him. It was clear yesterday that Payton didn't have much faith in him but that may be different with a full week to get Winston ready to start.

Also, the Falcons defense is blitzing more than I can remember in a long time.

They aren't gonna just sit back and let Winston pick them apart. There are gonna go after him early and often. Need to get exotic and creative with those blitzes because that Saints o-line is extremely good.

All the Falcons have to do is look out for those trick plays and lockdown on Kamara.

3 minutes ago, DonOfThemBirds said:

Also, the Falcons defense is blitzing more than I can remember in a long time.

They aren't gonna just sit back and let Winston pick them apart. There are gonna go after him early and often. Need to get exotic and creative with those blitzes because that Saints o-line is extremely good.

All the Falcons have to do is look out for those trick plays and lockdown on Kamara bec

Taysom Hill and Alvin Kamara. That's the key to stopping the Saints.

Sean Payton is smarter than every coach on this staff and will laugh at us every time it’s 2nd down cuz he’s gonna know what’s coming before the play is sent down.

That said, Jameis Winston is vastly inferior than Brees and I think we win even if he was out there so we really should smash these fools. We know there’s gonna be screens to Kamara, we know there will be slants my Thomas and we know when Taysom is out there he’s PROBABLY running the ball himself. I’m thinking we’re gonna be sending Jameis a fruit basket after this one tho as long as the refs don’t get in the way 

53 minutes ago, DonOfThemBirds said:

Winston didn't look all that impressive during that 2nd half he played.

I think the Falcons need to  blitz Winston and force him into mistakes. Also, don't fall for the none of the Taysom Hill stuff. When he's on the field he usually gets the ball no matter if he's at receiver or a QB draw.

That's one thing we are terrible at and I've seen teams like the Niners defend Hill better. They know he is either running or throwing a pass when he is in, and we somehow always forget he is on the Field. Saints offense is build around him, Kamara, and Thomas. 

34 minutes ago, Osiruz said:

That's one thing we are terrible at and I've seen teams like the Niners defend Hill better. They know he is either running or throwing a pass when he is in, and we somehow always forget he is on the Field. Saints offense is build around him, Kamara, and Thomas. 

He rarely even throws the ball. He catches it more than he throws it. But mostly it's just a run. But like you said, the Falcons always seem so surprised. He's only thrown 18 passes in 3 years with the Saints. He's caught 28 passes. He's ran it 98 times. There's a reason Payton refuses to let him play QB when Brees is hurt. It's because he doesn't trust him to throw the ball. When Hill is in the game it's a run.