DeAndre Baker

FalconDawg28

12 minutes ago, KCFalcon22 said:

UGA fans stop lol

It has nothing to do with me being a UGA fan. If the opportunity presents itself and you can bring in a talented player with upside then you look into it. You absolutely need to do your own investigation but talented players are given 2nd chances in the NFL for being convicted for crimes. 

9 minutes ago, FalconDawg28 said:

It has nothing to do with me being a UGA fan. If the opportunity presents itself and you can bring in a talented player with upside then you look into it. You absolutely need to do your own investigation but talented players are given 2nd chances in the NFL for being convicted for crimes. 

Don't need to go that route. 

23 minutes ago, FalconDawg28 said:

While I agree 2nd chances are given, he doesn't standout to me as someone who is any better than what we have right now.  I haven't watched a lot of game film on him, but no one is shouting he's worth it that 2nd chance yet.

3 minutes ago, KCFalcon22 said:

While I agree 2nd chances are given, he doesn't standout to me as someone who is any better than what we have right now.  I haven't watched a lot of game film on him, but no one is shouting he's worth it that 2nd chance yet.

From everything I’ve read he was bad last year in New York but I also read that he got better in the 2nd half. I don’t watch the Giants so I have no idea. I know Kirby said that NFL teams have already reached out to him about Baker so I figured it was worth the discussion. 

Why not? No draft capital needed. He has looked rough in his rookie year, so the price should be low. If he's not completely brain dead, he should realize that his career is teetering on the edge (it may or may not be his fault) and give it his best shot. If it doesn't work put, cut him and no big loss. 

Edited by dfsutton

11 minutes ago, DonOfThemBirds said:

Just read that Baker is getting off because the alleged 3 victims in the case's attorney was arrested for trying to extort Baker.

Saying that they would do anything Baker wanted case wise if he paid them $266,000 each.

There’s so many weird things that are with his case that makes me wonder what really did happen 

I'd definitely be interested... 

From a legal standpoint, Focus on the facts and not the feeling... He was found to be innocent... So I'm good. 

From a talent standpoint, we are at such a deficit that I'm shocked we arent taking more swings in the free agent market. What do we have to lose? 

1 minute ago, ramonezy said:

From a legal standpoint, Focus on the facts and not the feeling... He was found to be innocent... So I'm good. 

From a talent standpoint, we are at such a deficit that I'm shocked we arent taking more swings in the free agent market. What do we have to lose? 

Baker wasn't found innocent.

Charges were automatically dropped because he was being extorted by the alleged victims' attorney.

Baker could've very well still done it, but the victims and their attorney were greedy and looking for a huge payday instead of justice.

4 minutes ago, ramonezy said:

He was not found innocent. Charges were dropped. Major difference. 

3 minutes ago, ramonezy said:

This is how I feel. We need talent and all the charges were dropped. I would definitely do my own investigation bc he had red flags coming out of UGA. 

2 minutes ago, DonOfThemBirds said:

Baker wasn't found innocent.

Charges were automatically dropped because he was being extorted by the alleged victims' attorney.

Baker could've very well still done it, but the victims and their attorney were greedy and looking for a huge payday instead of justice.

If the legal team thought the claim had merit there was already a potential bag coming their way... No need to extort. Simply claim damages and I've seen persons sue McDonald's over hot coffee

Just now, ramonezy said:

If the legal team thought the claim had merit there was already a potential bag coming their way... No need to extort. Simply claim damages and I've seen persons sue McDonald's over hot coffee

It wouldn't have resulted in $266,000 each in damages.

It's like getting into a bad wreck with Tom Brady and it was Brady's fault. Only to try to extort him for as much as you think you can get away with because he's an NFL player instead of just getting your proper damages through court, which would be much less money.