Trask is really good. Go Falcons!

4 hours ago, Faithful Falcon said:

Kinda hard to come to this conclusion so fast. I will say that he's balling this year, but we saw him last season as well. 

He was pretty good last year not having started a game since high school.  With just 9 games last year and 6 games this year he has already 

• Become only the 4th QB in NCAA history to throw 4 touchdown passes in 6 consecutive games
  • Now holds the SEC record for most touchdowns thrown (28) in 6 games against only 3 interceptions
  • Since becoming a starter in the 3rd game of 2019 he
    • 68% completion rate
    • 53 touchdowns
    • 10 interceptions
  • This years stats are against only SEC competition, and that's after losing 3 wide receivers from 2019 to the NFL.

On top of that, if you watch him play you'll see he is accurate, can throw with touch, has good poise under pressure, and good pocket awareness.  

Given what he's shown thus far and what a crap-shoot it is drafting a QB, I wouldn't be the least bit upset if the Falcon's could get him with a 2nd round pick.

8 hours ago, 1989Fan said:

Cmon J, you know that **** doesnt matter when you’re trying to sell your guy as a Ryan replacement 😂 

Lol I’m not trying to sell anybody anything. Just making a statement that he looked good last night, as he has all year, and that although I doubt we draft a QB this year (and I don’t think we should) that he, along with several others not named Lawrence or Fields might perform well for the Falcons after Ryan rides into the sunset whenever that is. And yes, that was an intentionally long run on sentence😂

1 hour ago, brewman said:

He was pretty good last year not having started a game since high school.  With just 9 games last year and 6 games this year he has already 

• Become only the 4th QB in NCAA history to throw 4 touchdown passes in 6 consecutive games
  • Now holds the SEC record for most touchdowns thrown (28) in 6 games against only 3 interceptions
  • Since becoming a starter in the 3rd game of 2019 he
    • 68% completion rate
    • 53 touchdowns
    • 10 interceptions
  • This years stats are against only SEC competition, and that's after losing 3 wide receivers from 2019 to the NFL.

On top of that, if you watch him play you'll see he is accurate, can throw with touch, has good poise under pressure, and good pocket awareness.  

Given what he's shown thus far and what a crap-shoot it is drafting a QB, I wouldn't be the least bit upset if the Falcon's could get him with a 2nd round pick.

Never doubted any of that. Mullen has a tendency to coach great college QBs. Just don't expect everyone to be Joe Burrow. He may be the next Doug Johnson.

3 hours ago, Faithful Falcon said:

Never doubted any of that. Mullen has a tendency to coach great college QBs. Just don't expect everyone to be Joe Burrow. He may be the next Doug Johnson.

Doug Johnson had a 10 cent head and a million dollar arm, and he routinely made bad decisions and threw to the guy wearing the other team's jersey.

No one can say definitively how Trask will do in the NFL, but I've seen enough QB play to think he has a decent chance to be successful.

20 hours ago, marvinthemartian said:

Lol I’m not trying to sell anybody anything. Just making a statement that he looked good last night, as he has all year, and that although I doubt we draft a QB this year (and I don’t think we should) that he, along with several others not named Lawrence or Fields might perform well for the Falcons after Ryan rides into the sunset whenever that is. And yes, that was an intentionally long run on sentence😂

Nothing personal, it was a general comment that just happened to be in your thread 😝 

• 3 weeks later...