Jump to content

I hope Michigan runs Harbaugh out of town and right into Atlanta


Recommended Posts

30 minutes ago, JD dirtybird21 said:

His ONLY experience as a HC is good. He left San Fran because of disagreements with the GM. I know plenty of Niner fans who were soooooo pissed when he left. 

I just don't want him because he is annoying af as a person.  His schtick would get so old here so quick.  Then again if he could actually produce, the fanbase would probably love him like the Saints love Payton so I dunno.

I just find him incredibly annoying.  Like nails on a chalkboard annoying.

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Replies 254
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

No

Co-signed. 

He’s basically Michigan’s version of Dan Quinn right now and you want the Falcons to hire him?

Posted Images

10 hours ago, JD dirtybird21 said:

If you want to go all in and try and win with Ryan and Julio (which financially makes the most sense) then Harbaugh is actually a good choice. He’s a guy that will be successful early but his window is 2-3 years tops. That’s exactly the Ryan and Julio window right now too. 

You know I haven’t been on the hire Harbaugh train but I gotta admit that a few of you guys have made pretty good arguments and are swaying my opinion a bit, this is the best one.  I will say that I would much rather have a proven NFL head coach, yes one that didn’t do great at a previous stop if necessary, over a first year head coach.  The main reason for that is because of the window that I personally feel is still open.  A first year HC is gonna have a learning curve that a proven one should already be aware of.  
 

Yeah I know you are what your record is but the Falcons really should be 6-3 right now and making a push for the playoffs so I’m not buying that we need to blow the team up.  At this point I’d take Harbaugh over some of the other names I’ve heard like Bienemy.  Not that EB can’t get it done and won’t get an opportunity, I think he will and probably with the Texans.   

Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, athell said:

I just don't want him because he is annoying af as a person.  His schtick would get so old here so quick.  Then again if he could actually produce, the fanbase would probably love him like the Saints love Payton so I dunno.

I just find him incredibly annoying.  Like nails on a chalkboard annoying.

 

If Harbaugh can annoy the **** out of Payton, then hire him now lol.

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, CraigSmackDaddy said:

You know I haven’t been on the hire Harbaugh train but I gotta admit that a few of you guys have made pretty good arguments and are swaying my opinion a bit, this is the best one.  I will say that I would much rather have a proven NFL head coach, yes one that didn’t do great at a previous stop if necessary, over a first year head coach.  The main reason for that is because of the window that I personally feel is still open.  A first year HC is gonna have a learning curve that a proven one should already be aware of.  
 

Yeah I know you are what your record is but the Falcons really should be 6-3 right now and making a push for the playoffs so I’m not buying that we need to blow the team up.  At this point I’d take Harbaugh over some of the other names I’ve heard like Bienemy.  Not that EB can’t get it done and won’t get an opportunity, I think he will and probably with the Texans.   

Exactly. Just look at the track record. Including Michigan. Harbaugh has won immediately everywhere he has gone. His issue is that it wears off over time though. But if the Falcons really want to try and win NOW with Ryan, Harbaugh is a good choice. He would make this team a playoff team next season. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
19 minutes ago, athell said:

I just don't want him because he is annoying af as a person.  His schtick would get so old here so quick.  Then again if he could actually produce, the fanbase would probably love him like the Saints love Payton so I dunno.

I just find him incredibly annoying.  Like nails on a chalkboard annoying.

The funniest Jim Harbaugh tantrum [click for gif] | Harbaugh, Nfl season,  Nfl

Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, athell said:

I will concede he may be one of those "if he is your guy you love him but otherwise you hate him" personalities.  Like I said in our talk, if a brief window for Matt and Julio is the idea it wouldn't be a terrible idea.

That's honestly where I'm at with it man. Otherwise, I wouldn't be interested. And my family is all niner fans and they loved Harbaugh...and admitted they HATED him when the team announced they had hired him...lol...so you are spot on with your perception here

Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, Snafu said:

Stick around a while longer, you'll quickly realize that the overwhelming majority of posters on this board have absolutely no idea WTH they are talking about.

 

about 98% of this board wanted to pass on Matt Ryan to draft Glen Dorsey and Brian Brohm.

 

 

QFT!! 

The first point is why I stay out of the arguments about GMs and head coaches. . . . armchair GMs and head coaches.

I remember it as 99.5%. I thought they were going to show up at Flowery Branch with pitchforks and torches after we drafted Ryan. Where are Dorsey and Brohm now? The same ones now view Ryan as the golden child of the franchise.

Link to post
Share on other sites
55 minutes ago, athell said:

I threw up a little in my mouth...

Plus I can't get behind a guy THAT into khaki's.

 

What's wrong with khaki's?

 

My fear is turtlenecks. I get all OCD when something like that is around my entire neck. Can't understand why people like to wear them and be comfortable with it on.

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, TheUsualStuff said:

Rich McKay is going to be involved in the hiring process and Rich McKay is not going to hire Jim Harbaugh. 

I don't know why the discussion really got beyond that.

This.

McKay if he has influence in this process do we really think Jim Harbaugh is a realistic option.I just don’t.He seemingly is Arthur’s eyes and ears when it comes to football decisions as big as this.

Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, Redjack said:

Y’all who think Harbaugh is a “cheerleader” are hilarious. Then you turn around and say he’s “grating” and “no one likes him” because he didn’t get along with his owner. Meanwhile a handful of his players up and retired after he was fired. 

Can’t have it both ways.

Jim Harbaugh is the most opposite of a “cheerleader” as you can get. What reality are y’all living in?

Who retired because he was fired? 

Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, kiwifalcon said:

This.

McKay if he has influence in this process do we really think Jim Harbaugh is a realistic option.I just don’t.He seemingly is Arthur’s eyes and ears when it comes to football decisions as big as this.

 

Also, McKay has friends all over the league.

 

If some of his friends were a part of that FO that ousted Harbaugh in SF, then he may not have a shot at getting a job in Atlanta.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...